News:

We need volunteers in sales, marketing, PR, IT, and general "running of an organization." 
Maximize your Appleseed energy to make this program grow, and help fill the empty spots
on the firing line!  An hour of time spent at this level can have the impact of ten or a
hundred hours on the firing line.  Want to help? Send a PM to Monkey!

Main Menu

April 19th quickly approaching...

Started by Barbie, March 21, 2012, 09:15:47 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Barbie

This was originally posted by Fred in April of 2011, and I just thought for those who haven't read it I'd post the link here.  It tells the story of that day very well, and as Fred stated, it could serve as a "letter to the editor" of sorts for local newspapers.

http://appleseedinfo.org/smf/index.php?action=articles;sa=view;article=1
(It's under the articles section of the forum.)

I will be submitting this to local newspapers... and if none of them publish it there are at least a handful more people who are now newly familar with the events that occured that day  :)

Barbie
(812)-290-4738
barbie_bedel@yahoo.com

Indiana Appleseed:  Farm Bred, Brass Fed

Lord make me fast and accurate. Let my aim be true, and my hands faster than those who would seek to destroy me.  Grant me victory over my foes, and those  that wish to do harm to me and mine. Let not my last thought be if I only had my Gun; and Lord if today is truly the day that you take me home, let me die in a pile of empty brass.

grunt soldier

link isn't working for me.  I am interested in reading it though?  off to search for it
custom kydex solutions.  specializing in sheaths and holsters.  let me know if I can do something for you fellow seeders :)  some pics of our work below

http://s967.photobucket.com/albums/ae158/gruntsoldier2/

"When it comes time to die, be not like those whose hearts are filled with the fear of death, so when their time comes they weep and pray for a little more time to live their lives over again in a different way. Sing your death song, and die like a hero going home." - Chief Aupumut (1725), Mohican.

Barbie

Quote from: grunt soldier on March 24, 2012, 03:39:47 PM
link isn't working for me.  I am interested in reading it though?  off to search for it

Hmm, it worked for me... wonder why it's giving you trouble  ???

It's the only article I saw under the article tab, hope ya found it... it's a great lil' read.
Barbie
(812)-290-4738
barbie_bedel@yahoo.com

Indiana Appleseed:  Farm Bred, Brass Fed

Lord make me fast and accurate. Let my aim be true, and my hands faster than those who would seek to destroy me.  Grant me victory over my foes, and those  that wish to do harm to me and mine. Let not my last thought be if I only had my Gun; and Lord if today is truly the day that you take me home, let me die in a pile of empty brass.