News:

We need volunteers in sales, marketing, PR, IT, and general "running of an organization." 
Maximize your Appleseed energy to make this program grow, and help fill the empty spots
on the firing line!  An hour of time spent at this level can have the impact of ten or a
hundred hours on the firing line.  Want to help? Send a PM to Monkey!

Main Menu

Progress check 0

Started by tittiger, March 17, 2012, 06:40:50 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

tittiger

Can someone give me a clue as the the desired answers for Progress check 0?

"1) What is your understanding of the Appleseed mission and message?

2) What is your understanding of the urgency about this mission?"

Or at least point me where I can find the answer in a reasonable amount of time.

TIA

Joe

"It is the duty of every patriot to protect his country from its government."
~ Thomas Paine

Fred

Actually, Joe, the answers lie within you - Y-O-U.

The questions ask, "What is YOUR UNDERSTANDING" - so no one else can really tell you what you think - that's for you to state.

There is no penalty for a "right or wrong" answer.

Likely, when you answer either of them, it will generate a discussion with your SB which may be enlightening for the both of you.

If so, the questions have served their purpose, enabling and encouraging you to understand this program so that in the future, when it's your turn to ask them of an IIT, you'll be able to help him with his answer into a better understanding of the program on his part.

We all need to understand what AS is about - right? @)
"Ready to eat dirt and sweat bore solvent?" - Ask me how to become an RWVA volunteer!

"...but he that stands it now, deserves the thanks of man and woman alike..."   Paine

"If you can read this without a silly British accent, thank a Revolutionary War veteran" - Anon.

"We have it in our power to begin the world over again" - Thomas Paine

What about it, do-nothings? You heard the man, jump on in...

tittiger

I did not take the question literally.... me bad.

So if I understand you then Fred, there really is no correct answer.
Thanks for the clarification

Joe

~ Thomas Paine

Fred

Joe, I need you to take my answer more literally than you did.

I said "There is no penalty for a 'right or wrong"' answer."

But I did not say there was no right or wrong answer. There is.

Maybe better: there is an answer which indicates understanding of the program, and other answers which indicate little or no understanding of the program.

The questions are designed to help you sort out things to get to an answer which indicates you do understand the program. There is no penalty attached to the process of working that out.

It's like the question we should all be able to answer: "What is the American Revolution?"

It's a tough question. You'd think it would be an easy question, but it is not, necessarily.

I could give you my answer, in a few sentences. But you'd be far better off coming up with your own answer. When I hear your answer, I'll know whether or not you have reached an understanding of what the American Revolution is (and we are) about. If answer indicates you haven't reached that understanding, I or anyone else in the program will be happy to help you in coming to the answer to the question.

O0
"Ready to eat dirt and sweat bore solvent?" - Ask me how to become an RWVA volunteer!

"...but he that stands it now, deserves the thanks of man and woman alike..."   Paine

"If you can read this without a silly British accent, thank a Revolutionary War veteran" - Anon.

"We have it in our power to begin the world over again" - Thomas Paine

What about it, do-nothings? You heard the man, jump on in...

tittiger

You are right again.... I think you will like my answer Fred. I am going to give it a bit of thought.  ;-)

I had people that fought in that war, and also the war of Northern aggression. One war rightous IMHO and the other not.  I tend to agree with Smedley Butler on war. War is usually a racket but I think the War for Independence and the War of 1812  were the exceptions.

~ Thomas Paine