News:

We need volunteers in sales, marketing, PR, IT, and general "running of an organization." 
Maximize your Appleseed energy to make this program grow, and help fill the empty spots
on the firing line!  An hour of time spent at this level can have the impact of ten or a
hundred hours on the firing line.  Want to help? Send a PM to Monkey!

Main Menu

Superb Article from Dundee Shoot In Shotgun News Magazine

Started by techres, March 17, 2012, 12:51:20 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

techres

For anyone that did not see the earlier threads - this week's shotgun news is hot off the press with a great full color, superbly done article on Appleseed from the reporter who came to the Dundee shoot last year.

It is an excellent article and has tons of pictures (miki, beefree and more!). 

If you have a good bookstore nearby, be sure to stop by and get a copy for yourself and for using as promo.  We have not yet secured reprint rights so we cannot post the article here yet, but we will pursue it as quickly as possible.

Good job all!   O0

Appleseed: Bringing the Past into the Present to save our Future.

Fred

You can also find SGN at your local Walmart. O0
"Ready to eat dirt and sweat bore solvent?" - Ask me how to become an RWVA volunteer!

"...but he that stands it now, deserves the thanks of man and woman alike..."   Paine

"If you can read this without a silly British accent, thank a Revolutionary War veteran" - Anon.

"We have it in our power to begin the world over again" - Thomas Paine

What about it, do-nothings? You heard the man, jump on in...

SteelThunder

I have a copy of the article if anyone wants to see it...but that means that you'll all have to come work the Watervliet shoot (hint, hint).   ~~:)
NRA Patron Member, SAF Life Member
NRA Certified Rifle Instructor, RSO
Warlord of the West

Ultima vox civis
"Learning occurs only after repetitive, demoralizing failures." - Pat Rogers
"Silence in the face of evil is itself evil; God will not hold us guiltless. Not to speak is to speak. Not to act is to act." - Dietrich Bonhoeffer
"So live your life that the fear of death can never enter your heart." - Tecumseh
"Never attribute to treachery, that which can adequately be explained by incompetence" - Bonaparte, Hanlon, et al

SPQR

best article that has been written to date about Appleseed. 
"It is amazing to watch the intricate dance of the Indiana instructors playing off each other's strengths. No ego involved. Just doing what needs to be done by the person best suited to do it to give the shooters what they need." - Miki

"Indiana rules!" - Nero

"We all need Bedford." - brianheeter

Johnnyappleseed

I do not believe shotgun news is available at all walmarts  :(
However they are having a promotion for home delivery at under a $1 an issue  O0

The toll free # is 800- 345 - 6923. I always ask if they have any special promo's available too  :)
Not sure if they could include this March 20 2012 issue with a new subscription.
I know they do replace issues ,no delivered or damaged
Another benefit of home delivery is we are blessed to have an article by Fred in every issue  O0

Great job ,Dundee staff  O0
Nothing in the world can take the place of Persistence. Talent will not; nothing is more common than unsuccessful men with talent. Genius will not; unrewarded genius is almost a proverb. Education will not; the world is full of educated derelicts. Persistence and determination alone are omnipotent. The slogan 'Press On' has solved and always will solve the problems of the human race.
Calvin Coolidge

techres

Quote from: SteelThunder on March 17, 2012, 10:34:53 AM
I have a copy of the article if anyone wants to see it...but that means that you'll all have to come work the Watervliet shoot (hint, hint).   ~~:)

I like the cut of your jib!
Appleseed: Bringing the Past into the Present to save our Future.

Chainsaw

Quote from: Johnnyappleseed on March 17, 2012, 12:08:06 PM
I do not believe shotgun news is available at all walmarts  :(

That's where I get mine...    :~
Tom Scheller

Domari Nolo

mac66

Just read it. I am proud to be part of this organization. ^:)^
Status quo, you know, is Latin for 'the mess we're in'.
Ronald Reagan

Even if you are on the right track, you'll get run over if you just sit there. Will Rogers

The King has degenerated into a tyrant and forfeits all rights to his subjects' obedience."  Patrick Henry, 1765

Motivation?...The best solution to morale problems is to kill all the unhappy people  Ghenghis Khan

Kosciusko

While working the Appleseed table at the Onalaska gun show this past weekend, numerous people cited this article and took the trifolds and Wisconsin shoot schedules I offered them.  From 18 months ago, the response at gun shows has gone  from:  "who/what are you?"  to:  "when/where is the next available shoot ?"  Promo was a slog at those early shows, now I have people asking for extra trifolds to pass out on our behalf.

MI-copperhead

That was a great article and I can relate to Jacks comment of " When a 40 year old guy with an M1A is having trouble hitting his targets with a nine year old punching them in with a 22, he knows he has to buckle down."  Very good press for Appleseed !
Morgan's Rifleman 250 yard cold bore, 10/29/2022, Tusco Rifle Club, New Philadelphia OH KD/Rifle M1A w optics/Prone
"Is life so dear, or peace so sweet, as to be purchased at the price of chains and slavery? Forbid it, Almighty God ! I know not what course others may choose, but as for me, give me liberty or give me death ! " Patrick Henry
"I would rather be exposed to the inconveniences attending too much liberty, than to those attending too small a degree of it. "
Thomas Jefferson
"Stand your ground; don't fire unless fired upon, but if they mean to have a war, let it begin here." Capt. John Parker
" I have'nt a man who 's afraid to go." Capt Isaac Davis
"I would say that the majority of Americans have no real sense of the value and the uniqueness of being a U.S. citizen.  Once they realize what they have, they are less likely to stand by while some politician attempts to whittle down their rights."  Troy a.k.a. solarguy

SPQR

Quote from: Kosciusko on March 19, 2012, 08:13:12 PM
While working the Appleseed table at the Onalaska gun show this past weekend, numerous people cited this article and took the trifolds and Wisconsin shoot schedules I offered them.  From 18 months ago, the response at gun shows has gone  from:  "who/what are you?"  to:  "when/where is the next available shoot ?"  Promo was a slog at those early shows, now I have people asking for extra trifolds to pass out on our behalf.

you are right.  Capitalizing on this means a greater promotions effort.  Not just on a state level but on a national level.  In Wisconsin and Minny there doesn't seem to be a terrible promotions problem but that isn't always the case.  Every state should have at least one person making Promotions their other 28 days job.  In addition, if anyone wants to help out with national Level promotions, well here I am, the big bad National Promotions Coordinator and anybody willing to help gets a job with a purpose.
"It is amazing to watch the intricate dance of the Indiana instructors playing off each other's strengths. No ego involved. Just doing what needs to be done by the person best suited to do it to give the shooters what they need." - Miki

"Indiana rules!" - Nero

"We all need Bedford." - brianheeter