News:

We need volunteers in sales, marketing, PR, IT, and general "running of an organization." 
Maximize your Appleseed energy to make this program grow, and help fill the empty spots
on the firing line!  An hour of time spent at this level can have the impact of ten or a
hundred hours on the firing line.  Want to help? Send a PM to Monkey!

Main Menu

Promo Grand Slam: 20 March, 2012 Issue of Shotgun New

Started by nyrasgt, March 14, 2012, 06:52:50 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

nyrasgt

Ladies and Gentlemen,
   20 March, 2012 issue of Shotgun News includes the gretest promotional coup for Project Appleseed since the N.Y. Times magazine article (iffy slant) some years back.
  FOUR FULL PAGE ARTICLE, pgs. 56, 57, 58, and 60:  "Vorobiev Visits and Appleseed Project Event."  Header reprint of Lexington (Concord?) green, NINE pictures (of Dundee, Michigan event).  Is article perfect?  No - author repeatedly refers to Lexington and "Concordia..." and uses a third of the article for his own biographical info (Russian emigre, ex-Spetsnaz, cames to U.S. in late 1980s...).
  Nevertheless, home run with bases loaded for promoting knowledge of the program to SGN readers.  Might consider inviting author Marco Vorobiev as guest on Rifleman Radio some time soon.  Mildly surprised that Fred's usual article in the same issue makes no mention of the above, but reckon that publication/coordination
of columns submitted far in advance makes that difficult, and understandable.
   Non-subscribers to SGN - need to buy a copy @ discerning news stands that carry it...Program is going to need a ton of reprints of the article, similar to what was done withthe earlier SWAT article.
Outstanding job done by combo Michigan-Indiana PA Instructor cadre...some mentioned by name, some pictured...
   Now we need a follow-up SGN article about Project Appleseed events held monthly in the (firearms) Devil's Playground...Manhattan-NYC, and it's nearby evil twin, Calverton, Longuyland,  Rich and Dan - that's you.
A sincere and well-earned Well Done to all involved.
Excelsior,
madMark
"Aim for a high mark and you will hit it.  No, not the first time, nor the second, and maybe not the third. But keep on aiming and keep on shooting,
for only practice will make you perfect.
Finally, you will hit the bulls-eye of success."
-Annie Oakley Butler
A Rifleman Persists
"Nemo me impune lacessit."  Montresor, via E. A. Poe, 1846

nyrasgt

Typo apologies:   Shotgun "News." and "greatest."  Longuyland was deliberate.
Excelsior,
madMark
"Aim for a high mark and you will hit it.  No, not the first time, nor the second, and maybe not the third. But keep on aiming and keep on shooting,
for only practice will make you perfect.
Finally, you will hit the bulls-eye of success."
-Annie Oakley Butler
A Rifleman Persists
"Nemo me impune lacessit."  Montresor, via E. A. Poe, 1846

Dakota

I have it at home if anyone wants to see it.
Yes, it was a great article, a few flaws, but great publicity.
"A fine marksman with a second rate rifle is far more effective than the reverse." - Colonel Jeff Cooper

How good are YOU, with YOUR rifle, Today?

"If the prospect of having your thumb hit by the bolt is unacceptable do not attempt to load your Garand"-Springfield M1 Garand owners manual

R.I.P "DAKOTA" My Buddy 1/24/01 - 6/23/12