News:

We need volunteers in sales, marketing, PR, IT, and general "running of an organization." 
Maximize your Appleseed energy to make this program grow, and help fill the empty spots
on the firing line!  An hour of time spent at this level can have the impact of ten or a
hundred hours on the firing line.  Want to help? Send a PM to Monkey!

Main Menu

Anyone going to the Friends of the NRA Banquet in Mesa March 17th?

Started by PaxxAZ, March 12, 2012, 11:53:16 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

PaxxAZ

While I am going with 3 other apple-seeders, I am debating mentioning it as we have come up with various drinking game possibilities (it is St. Patty's day after all). We have a very dedicated designated driver, and that is a rare occasion. (St. Patty's on a weekend)

That said, I am sure it will be a chance to network a bit and perhaps get a few people on the line...if the drinking games don't become to a reality.   >:D

Anyway, just wondering about the disposition of others in the area.
FYI they are (from what I have heard) fun events, with prizes and such, silent auctions and other fund raisers. entry is $50, the host hotel is booked up, and two others in the area seem to be as well, but it is a party day that falls on a weekend, so you can draw your own conclusions.

These events happen throughout the state and throughout the country at different times in the year. 

I'll give some level of report after the event.
There are many things talked about that make the people of the US
different; being riflemen is one, asking why is another, as is getting
what needs doing done.

-Me 2011

lysander6

Please do your best to network AS while you are there if possible.

I am a resigned Life member and I don't approve of the NRA and think they are one of the leading gun control and victim disarmament organizations in the country.  So even if I were near, I would not attend.
Gun control is mind control.

" Of every One-Hundred men, Ten shouldn't even be there,
Eighty are nothing but targets,
Nine are real fighters...
We are lucky to have them...They make the battle,
Ah, but the One, One of them is a Warrior...
and He will bring the others back."

- Heraclitus (circa 500 BC)

My Blog:  http://zerogov.com/

On Appleseed sabbatical since 2012...

PaxxAZ

It would be my pleasure to have a long conversation with you one day when our paths cross or is somewhat convenient for the both of us. 

That said, depending on context, I commend you for leaving the NRA, I am only a recent member, though if not in the context I am thinking, then I would probably disagree with you.

The following is totally my opinion, and as such not worth much.
AS to succeed, or at least the mission that I agree with to succeed, requires localized involvement.  My not being a fan of large groups of mindless masses aside, I have to become involved locally with recognizable organizations. Apple Seed does not have the necessary profile at this point, the NRA does. Local Council meetings are not fun, but I probably should become one of the known quantities.

When we can have any pro-rights (natural or constitutional) organization that can attract 300+ local people to donate money for a simple dinner, door prizes and makes for interesting drinking games let me know and I will probably be there.
what needs doing done.

-Me 2011

lysander6

Gun control is mind control.

" Of every One-Hundred men, Ten shouldn't even be there,
Eighty are nothing but targets,
Nine are real fighters...
We are lucky to have them...They make the battle,
Ah, but the One, One of them is a Warrior...
and He will bring the others back."

- Heraclitus (circa 500 BC)

My Blog:  http://zerogov.com/

On Appleseed sabbatical since 2012...

PaxxAZ

It is a tempting thought, if Buckeye is well staffed I'll make the trip. At the same time I don't think that is the norm yet.
what needs doing done.

-Me 2011