News:

We need volunteers in sales, marketing, PR, IT, and general "running of an organization." 
Maximize your Appleseed energy to make this program grow, and help fill the empty spots
on the firing line!  An hour of time spent at this level can have the impact of ten or a
hundred hours on the firing line.  Want to help? Send a PM to Monkey!

Main Menu

Free Chicken Sandwich, A Movie, and opportunity to network

Started by funfaler, March 08, 2012, 08:06:42 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

funfaler

The American Family Association of Kentucky and Tea Party of Kentucky are hosting an event in Lexington, which would provide a good opportunity to network with folks who have an interest in preserving, and spreading our American Heritage.

Attached is a flyer for the program.

This would be a fine opportunity to get some AS information in the hands of folks who could spread it around further.

The dips in your couch will go away if you get up and take the Seventh Step!

Unbridled Liberty

For Liberty, each Freeman Strives
As its a Gift of God
And for it willing yield their Lives
And Seal it with their Blood

Thrice happy they who thus resign
Into the peacefull Grave
Much better there, in Death Confin'd
Than a Surviving Slave

This Motto may adorn their Tombs,
(Let tyrants come and view)
"We rather seek these silent Rooms
Than live as Slaves to You"

Lemuel Haynes, 1775

Unbridled Liberty

Funfaler, et al.; I have secured a table for Appleseed at this event.  Being an unselfish individual, I would not want to have all the fun, so anybody that wants to share in this opportunity, by all means you are invited.  Techres- I could really use that banner before Saturday.  Flags would be cool too.

I will be there at 11:00 AM to set up.  Need I remind out-of-towners that Lexington is home to the world-famous Bud's Gun Shop and Indoor Range?  Not to mention that our city was named after some obscure little village in Massachusetts where I'm told an important event occurred a long time ago.

UL
As its a Gift of God

Into the peacefull Grave
Than a Surviving Slave

Lemuel Haynes, 1775

Magloader

Unfortunately I will not be able to make it  :'( But I hope all goes well for those of you going!
Let your light shine before men that they may see your good deeds, and praise your Father in Heaven.- Mathew 5:16

Jesus answered, " I am the way, truth, and the light. No one comes to the Father except through me." - John 14:6

Unbridled Liberty

Attendance: 75
Talked to a couple dozen who were very interested.  I suspect a couple youngsters will be pestering their parents to death until they take them.
Positives: was invited to be a guest on a central Kentucky radio show and talk about Appleseed.  Will make that happen very soon.
Negatives: none
Lessons learned: 1. You can never have enough clothes pins, safety pins, duct tape, bungee cords, parachute cord, c-clamps, etc. when you go to something like this. 
2. If there is going to be food served, place your display table strategically near the food serving line so that everyone must file past your table in order to eat!  I was placed perfectly, but it was purely by accident.  In the future I will seek out this prime position.
As its a Gift of God

Into the peacefull Grave
Than a Surviving Slave

Lemuel Haynes, 1775

Magloader

Great!! Can't wait to see those kids on the line :) Let us know when you hit the radio. Would love to listen in!
Let your light shine before men that they may see your good deeds, and praise your Father in Heaven.- Mathew 5:16

Jesus answered, " I am the way, truth, and the light. No one comes to the Father except through me." - John 14:6

funfaler

Quote from: Unbridled Liberty on March 17, 2012, 05:35:14 PM
Attendance: 75
Talked to a couple dozen who were very interested.  I suspect a couple youngsters will be pestering their parents to death until they take them.
Positives: was invited to be a guest on a central Kentucky radio show and talk about Appleseed.  Will make that happen very soon.
Negatives: none
Lessons learned: 1. You can never have enough clothes pins, safety pins, duct tape, bungee cords, parachute cord, c-clamps, etc. when you go to something like this. 
2. If there is going to be food served, place your display table strategically near the food serving line so that everyone must file past your table in order to eat!  I was placed perfectly, but it was purely by accident.  In the future I will seek out this prime position.

Opportunity seized!   Very nicely done Sir!    O0 :bow:

The dips in your couch will go away if you get up and take the Seventh Step!

Johnnyappleseed

I heard that fast food chain is politically aligned with those who support RKBA.

The food is good in any event .
Great job on the 7th step effort  O0
Nothing in the world can take the place of Persistence. Talent will not; nothing is more common than unsuccessful men with talent. Genius will not; unrewarded genius is almost a proverb. Education will not; the world is full of educated derelicts. Persistence and determination alone are omnipotent. The slogan 'Press On' has solved and always will solve the problems of the human race.
Calvin Coolidge

Charles McKinley

The other key location is near the bathrooms.  People useally go to events togeather and some one is usually waiting of another member in the group on Bio-break and wonders around looking at booths near by.  Very coveted slots on the craft show circut.
Last evening, it occurred to me that when a defender of Liberty is called home, their load lands upon the shoulders of the defenders left behind. Just as the Founders did their duty for Liberty, every subsequent generation must continue their work lest Liberty perish. As there is no way for the remaining adults to take on the work of those that die, we must pass the ideals and duties on to the children. -PHenery