News:

We need volunteers in sales, marketing, PR, IT, and general "running of an organization." 
Maximize your Appleseed energy to make this program grow, and help fill the empty spots
on the firing line!  An hour of time spent at this level can have the impact of ten or a
hundred hours on the firing line.  Want to help? Send a PM to Monkey!

Main Menu

..A Library Seed in Queens, NY..

Started by Josey Wales, March 05, 2012, 03:53:26 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Josey Wales

..This has been a long time coming..  I have been working with a Lady who is the head of Operations for the Queens Library Programs and Services Department.  We have been going back and forth with emails and information for 8 months.  I figured I would go big or go home.  Well, I would never go home "a quitin" but that is another story.  My intent was to use the system in place to help set up and advertise and maybe even get a tour of all the Library's in the Borough of Queens through this one Lady.  There are 62 yes I said 62 Library Branches in the Borough of Queens.  The Programs and Services Department set up events for the New York City Public Library's.  They handle promotional material, advertising,  scheduling, instead of me on my own doing all the work.  As of now it is 99% going to happen at one location.

..Bay Terrace Queens Public Library on April 17th 2012 @ 1:30 PM..

..For NYC this is big cause if they like us, well then I assume we can get another and another and another and another and another and another and another and another and another and another and another, well you get the hint, right?!!..

...................Strength & Honor......................Josey Wales..........."Where there is life, there is hope"................

..to hell with them fellows, buzzards gotta eat same as worms..

GEmanuel

I'll cross my fingers for you Josey. I know it will happen.
"A free people ought not only to be armed and disciplined, but they should have sufficient arms and ammunition to maintain a status of independence from any who might attempt to abuse them, which would include their own government." — George Washington

"Patriotism is supporting your country all the time, and your government when it deserves it." --Mark Twain (1835-1910)

"A constitution is not the act of a government, but of a people constituting a government; and government without a constitution is power without a right. All power exercised over a nation, must have some beginning. It must be either delegated, or assumed. There are not other sources. All delegated power is trust, and all assumed power is usurpation. Time does not alter the nature and quality of either." ~ Thomas Paine

hawkhavn

Great news!  Keep us posted on your progress.

HH
Criticism is the only known antidote to error.  David Brin

What a nation has done, a nation can aspire to.
Dr. Jerry Pournelle

Throughout history, poverty is the normal condition of man. Advances which permit this norm to be exceeded — here and there, now and then — are the work of an extremely small minority, frequently despised, often condemned, and almost always opposed by all right-thinking people. Whenever this tiny minority is kept from creating, or (as sometimes happens) is driven out of a society, the people then slip back into abject poverty.

This is known as "bad luck."
---Robert Anson Heinlein

"Great things have been effected by a few men well conducted." - George Rogers Clark

"Appleseed is a safe place to learn because they care. They have the confidence and serenity of spring gardeners." 1IV on AR15.com

crak

JW, I know you've been working on this for a long time.  Congrats on being too stubborn to give up!
Check your drama at the door.

Josey Wales

..UPDATE..

..This event has been confirmed and is ON..

The Mrs.

Think with love and truth
See with love and truth
Speak with love and truth
Hear with love and truth
And come from the heart, with love, and truth, and honor.

Never doubt that a small group of thoughtful, committed citizens can change the world. Indeed, it is the only thing that ever has. ~ Margaret Mead  US anthropologist

Charles McKinley

It sounds like great things are happening in New York!  ^:)^

Great Job!  I look forard to the AAR.
Last evening, it occurred to me that when a defender of Liberty is called home, their load lands upon the shoulders of the defenders left behind. Just as the Founders did their duty for Liberty, every subsequent generation must continue their work lest Liberty perish. As there is no way for the remaining adults to take on the work of those that die, we must pass the ideals and duties on to the children. -PHenery

kDan

I'll be there Nick.  Let me know if I can do anything for you, bring anything...  whatever you need.  I have a John Parker banner I got in Ramseur (2-12!).  I'll bring that.  I think pictures of muskets are allowed in Queens, right?

I'll send out an e-mail to all the Manhattan shooters as well, and see if we can't get some of them to show up too.  Might be tough in the middle of the day like that, but I like the way you think.  If you have any promo blurbs or whatnot, send them to me to put in the e-mail.  I have about 75 addresses from Calverton as well.  We should be able to draw at least 10-20 Appleseeders I would think.  We'll pretend we don't know each other to make the numbers look even better...

I'll bring my dummy rifle for demos.   ;)

-d-

I'm going to Westside this week, so email me a flier.
"Hot dogs don't go bad"

-Scout

Josey Wales

Quote from: kDan on March 25, 2012, 10:08:57 PM
I'll be there Nick.  Let me know if I can do anything for you, bring anything...  whatever you need.  I have a John Parker banner I got in Ramseur (2-12!).  I'll bring that.  I think pictures of muskets are allowed in Queens, right?

I'll send out an e-mail to all the Manhattan shooters as well, and see if we can't get some of them to show up too.  Might be tough in the middle of the day like that, but I like the way you think.  If you have any promo blurbs or whatnot, send them to me to put in the e-mail.  I have about 75 addresses from Calverton as well.  We should be able to draw at least 10-20 Appleseeders I would think.  We'll pretend we don't know each other to make the numbers look even better...

I'll bring my dummy rifle for demos.   ;)

-d-

I'm going to Westside this week, so email me a flier.

..Up on the official Queens Library website..

http://www.queenslibrary.org/events/?filters=ev_key:%22%22%20ev_loc:96600000

http://www.queenslibrary.org/event/the-forgotten-history-of-april-19-1775-the-day-our-nation-was-born

..kDan, I will be contacting Norm, to come in full dress garb.  We only have an hour and fifteen minutes for presentation.  I will be writing up a POI this week.  I am glad you will be there.  You are now set up as my official partner for this event.  I will be in touch...............Bless..........JW.............

LittleMo

Great news!

I've posted this announcement on our NYSAppleseed Facebook page.

Gary
Growing old is mandatory; Growing up is optional!  :)

Marksmanship can be taught and learned,
but the motivation has to be inspired for the
people to become involved.
How many have you inspired that became involved?

http://www.facebook.com/NYSAppleseed
http://www.facebook.com/ProjectAppleseedVermont

Revman

From a seed  at the Library.....sounds like a good Spring
revman
Now is the time for all good men to come to the aid of their country

Josey Wales

Quote from: Revman on April 08, 2012, 09:15:16 AM
From a seed  at the Library.....sounds like a good Spring
revman

..Norman glad you on board!  It will be a Glorious day to preach in the halls of a NYC public library..

........JW............

Revman

Josey Wales

..Here is a practice video for the Library Seed..

Josey Wales

Revman

The reception at the Library great. Full house. Nice environment. I think the door is open,go get them Nick.
Congrats
Revman :pics:

kDan

Yeah, this was a very successful event.  About 20 people...  on a Tuesday afternoon...   in NYC. 

Nice Work, Nick!  And thanks Revman for showing up in kit.

I have pics.  I'll post them later.
"Hot dogs don't go bad"

-Scout

Josey Wales

GEmanuel

Great job men.
New York is a tough nut, but it seems we have the right people on the job to crack it!
^:)^
"A free people ought not only to be armed and disciplined, but they should have sufficient arms and ammunition to maintain a status of independence from any who might attempt to abuse them, which would include their own government." — George Washington

"Patriotism is supporting your country all the time, and your government when it deserves it." --Mark Twain (1835-1910)

"A constitution is not the act of a government, but of a people constituting a government; and government without a constitution is power without a right. All power exercised over a nation, must have some beginning. It must be either delegated, or assumed. There are not other sources. All delegated power is trust, and all assumed power is usurpation. Time does not alter the nature and quality of either." ~ Thomas Paine

kDan

Sorry I went Rip Van Winkle for a minute.  Great Job, Nick.  Can't wait to see what you do next. 

Thanks Norman.  You stole the show (and about 20 minutes of my speaking time!)   &)

Here's some pics.

Listen my children and you shall hear

Appleseed's Man in Queens, and our only Native New Yorker that hasn't fled the scene!

Another Native New Yorker, and Appleseed through and through, but this guy dresses funny.

At least he doesn't pretend he's never heard of electricity and stuff like that.  Noman (RevMan), thanks for helping out so much this past year!  See you at Westside next week?

A pleasant way to spend a Tuesday afternoon for 20 or so folks (just don't mention rifles). :-X

That guy...  he kinda reminds me of someone... 

"Hot dogs don't go bad"

-Scout