News:

We need volunteers in sales, marketing, PR, IT, and general "running of an organization." 
Maximize your Appleseed energy to make this program grow, and help fill the empty spots
on the firing line!  An hour of time spent at this level can have the impact of ten or a
hundred hours on the firing line.  Want to help? Send a PM to Monkey!

Main Menu

IBC Mar 21 - Apr 01

Started by smoakingun, March 05, 2012, 10:38:43 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

smoakingun

Just a reminder to to the fl. folks, and anyone else interested, that there is an instructor boot camp comming up. Now is the time to get it on your schedules and get signed up. If you intend to camp, or park a camper, I could use a head count so I can make room. If you have not attend any kind of BC, you really should attend this event.
A strong body makes the mind strong. As to the species of exercises, I advise the gun. While this gives moderate exercise to the body, it gives boldness, enterprise and independence to the mind. Games played with the ball, and others of that nature, are too violent for the body and stamp no character on the mind. Let your gun therefore be your constant companion of your walks.

Thomas Jefferson

theri

I believe that the dates should be Mar 31 - Apr 01
Whiskey Tango 9

smoakingun

Yup, 31st, I fat fingered the keyboard on that one
A strong body makes the mind strong. As to the species of exercises, I advise the gun. While this gives moderate exercise to the body, it gives boldness, enterprise and independence to the mind. Games played with the ball, and others of that nature, are too violent for the body and stamp no character on the mind. Let your gun therefore be your constant companion of your walks.

Thomas Jefferson

TomM1Thumb

Smoak, I will be attending, waiting on the money to sign up, Any room left in the Shop?

TomM1Thumb
" The Constitution shall never be construed to prevent the people of the United States who are peaceable citizens from keeping their own arms. €�  - Alexander Hamilton
"The strongest reason for the people to retain the right to keep and bear arms is, as a last resort, to protect themselves against tyranny in government."    -- Thomas Jefferson

" The Beauty of The Second Amendment is that it will not be needed until they try to take it"
Thomas Jefferson

Arms discourage and keep the invader and plunderer in awe, and preserve order in the world as well as property... Horrid mischief would ensue were the law-abiding deprived of the use of them.

Thomas Paine

smoakingun

Thomas Jefferson

Sly223

Glenn,
I will be attending this IBC, See you there. ..:..
"Smoakin'2" IBC11/12
"Plattka 3-12"(IBC)FL
What have you done for this program lately?
IBC-Tampa 8,'10
RBC-"Myakka12'10"RCR
C-1, Do-1, Teach many!
"Run all you want, you'll just die tired"!
There is U.S. & there is Dems!

TomM1Thumb

Glenn,

Teresa shot Riflewoman both Saturday and Sunday at St Augustine, She wants to attend the IBC! HUZZUH!!!

Tom 
" The Constitution shall never be construed to prevent the people of the United States who are peaceable citizens from keeping their own arms. €�  - Alexander Hamilton
"The strongest reason for the people to retain the right to keep and bear arms is, as a last resort, to protect themselves against tyranny in government."    -- Thomas Jefferson

" The Beauty of The Second Amendment is that it will not be needed until they try to take it"
Thomas Jefferson

Arms discourage and keep the invader and plunderer in awe, and preserve order in the world as well as property... Horrid mischief would ensue were the law-abiding deprived of the use of them.

Thomas Paine

smoakingun

Outstanding! Congratulations Teresa! She wants to attend the IBC? Sign her up!

Thomas Jefferson

pikid89

Ill be there, trying to get Rob, aka Veritas Aequitas, to sign up too

douglas34474

I'll be going. See you there.

9mm4545

Quote from: pikid89 on March 19, 2012, 01:33:06 AM
Ill be there, trying to get Rob, aka Veritas Aequitas, to sign up too

He don't know it yet, but this is one he doesn't want to miss. IMHO. Besides, all the cool kids will be there.
The American Constitution is remarkable for its simplicity; but can only suffice a people habitually correct in their actions, and would be utterly inadequate to the wants of a different nation.  Change the domestic habits of the Americans, their religious devotion, and their high respect for morality, and it will not be necessary to change a single letter in the Constitution in order to vary the whole form of their government. - Francis Grund 1837

sean_shoot_here

I'm looking forward to it.  I've already signed up.

Sean.

panhead

howdy

yep, Bruce is right. The event is now officially cool. I got my kitchen pass  :bow:
But, the price they paid to win us our liberty? Few of us can comprehend it. Even fewer of us would want - or even be willing - to pay it. But all of us should know - at least - about it.

Never forget. Just to remember, is to honor.  -Fred

smoakingun

If at all possible, I need wveryone signed up so I can get a head count. We are planning to feast on saturday night , and I need to know how much food to prepare. I also need to know how many campers to prepare for

Thomas Jefferson

panhead

howdy

PM sent

If we can contribute food or coin of the realm for the feast, please let us all know. And as a Sat AM arrival, what time must we be there by? We ain't waitin on me...
But, the price they paid to win us our liberty? Few of us can comprehend it. Even fewer of us would want - or even be willing - to pay it. But all of us should know - at least - about it.

Never forget. Just to remember, is to honor.  -Fred

9mm4545

We need a menu planning tzar so that we all don't bring the same thing. Smoak, tell us what you want us to bring and we'll make it happen. I plan on arriving sometime on Friday afternoon but I would imagine that the kickoff will be around 0800 or so on Sat. a.m.
The American Constitution is remarkable for its simplicity; but can only suffice a people habitually correct in their actions, and would be utterly inadequate to the wants of a different nation.  Change the domestic habits of the Americans, their religious devotion, and their high respect for morality, and it will not be necessary to change a single letter in the Constitution in order to vary the whole form of their government. - Francis Grund 1837

sean_shoot_here

Is the feast only for folks camping on site?

If not, what should we bring?

Sean, on behalf of the Tallahasse contingent.

smoakingun

Start time Saturday should be 8am. As to the feast, all are welcome to attend. It will just be supper at the end of the day. There is a standing rib roast already supplied by williworth. I will supply a 2nd main course and some kind of dessert, as well all the ice and water and gatorade we need. If you have an idea for a side or dessert, bring it, if you are a soda, or tea drinker, bring that too.

Thomas Jefferson

smoakingun

I should probably also mention that this venue is a long way from town. About 7 miles. Folks might also want to consider bring stuff for lunch. I will dust off the grill this weekend, if it still works, it will be available. I will update the grill status tomorrow

Thomas Jefferson

douglas34474

Is it OK for my critters to come?

smoakingun

sure, i have a fenced in area they can stay it, or we can put them on a lead outside the shop

Thomas Jefferson

Sly223

Will anyone have room for me and my Sleeping bag? ..:..
"Smoakin'2" IBC11/12
"Plattka 3-12"(IBC)FL
IBC-Tampa 8,'10
RBC-"Myakka12'10"RCR
C-1, Do-1, Teach many!

pikid89

what day are you coming up rick?

Sly223

Sat. mornin' leave Sun.eve! ..:..
"Smoakin'2" IBC11/12
"Plattka 3-12"(IBC)FL
IBC-Tampa 8,'10
RBC-"Myakka12'10"RCR
C-1, Do-1, Teach many!

pikid89

If you're com in up 75 and crossing through gainesville, is there anyway i could catch a ride to smoaks from my apt in gainesville and back?

smoakingun

Alright, the shop is all cleaned up, we got enough space for everyone to throw out a cot or air mattress. Porta john will be on site wensday. I pulled out the grill, it works, it will be available for y'all to use. If you need it, I have a couple of cots for someone to sleep on. I got a spot cleared for bruce and janet to park the camper. All in all, I think we are ready to go

Thomas Jefferson

douglas34474

I'm using a 10x10 pop up with screens and walls for sleeping. More than enough room.

If needed I also have a two man tent you're welcome to.

TomM1Thumb

Smoak,

Please Reserve one Cot for Teresa. and one spot in the Shop near the Electric for Me and My Cpap, and Slow cooker!

Thanks Tom

Thomas Jefferson

Thomas Paine

Sly223

Tyler E-mail me off thread and I'll get directions to your place.
all my info is in my profile!
It may even be better if i come to you Friday night,then we ride in together,sat. mornin'
"Smoakin'2" IBC11/12
"Plattka 3-12"(IBC)FL
IBC-Tampa 8,'10
RBC-"Myakka12'10"RCR
C-1, Do-1, Teach many!

smoakingun

Thomas Jefferson