News:

We need volunteers in sales, marketing, PR, IT, and general "running of an organization." 
Maximize your Appleseed energy to make this program grow, and help fill the empty spots
on the firing line!  An hour of time spent at this level can have the impact of ten or a
hundred hours on the firing line.  Want to help? Send a PM to Monkey!

Main Menu

Instructor Boot Camp - Winona, Minnesota - March 24-25, 2012

Started by AFTERMATH, March 04, 2012, 12:24:44 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

AFTERMATH

"We intend to produce men who are able to light a fire for Liberty in men's minds, and make them the finest rifle marksmanship Instructors on the planet." - Son of Martha

"Tyrants rise and fall, but tyranny lasts forever." -Me

[What kind of megalomaniac quotes himself?]

Cooper

Quote from: Woody35 on March 22, 2012, 08:54:34 PM
I will bring pop - Coke, Diet Coke, & 7-up in a cooler to save space.  Chips, PB, Jelly and some bread as a backup....
forum erased a post that took 1/2 hour to compose
forum is evil and an enemy of the people.
death to this forum software.
"This Appleseed thing doesn't look like it would be for everyone, but it really is." Zac, age 7  كافر
"He who dares not offend cannot be honest." ~ Thomas Paine    "Cooper, you're an a**hole!" - recent Shoot Boss's compliment
"I don't know where "brave" leaves off and "foolish" picks up, but you've certainly got your share of courage." - FuzzyMath
"For the Rifle!, the Rifle!, in our hands will prove no trifle!" ~from the lyrics of "The Bennington Riflemen"
Understand the urgency of our mission; no amount of bailing can raise a sunken ship.
I don't want to be forced back into the darkness.

"Shut up and color." - slim

AFTERMATH

Quote from: Cooper on March 22, 2012, 11:36:32 PM
Quote from: Woody35 on March 22, 2012, 08:54:34 PM
I will bring pop - Coke, Diet Coke, & 7-up in a cooler to save space.  Chips, PB, Jelly and some bread as a backup....
forum erased a post that took 1/2 hour to compose
forum is evil and an enemy of the people.
death to this forum software.

It's been particularly funny tonight - Took me three tries just to update the menu post.
"We intend to produce men who are able to light a fire for Liberty in men's minds, and make them the finest rifle marksmanship Instructors on the planet." - Son of Martha

Cully

Is the oven large enough to bake a smoked turkey?  If so I will bring a 10 pounder for supper on Saturday evening or the Sunday noon meal. 

AFTERMATH

Quote from: Cully on March 23, 2012, 12:25:23 AM
Is the oven large enough to bake a smoked turkey?  If so I will bring a 10 pounder for supper on Saturday evening or the Sunday noon meal. 

Hmmm...   I'm not sure....  it is a smaller oven.
I know we cooked full loaves of french bread last year, but if I recall correctly it was a tight fit.
Top clearance would likely be the biggest concern.

Does anyone else have a better recollection?

Cooper

Oven is pretty standard size, square-ish, sink on the left, counter on the right.

Is there a place to obtain kosher bacon in Winona?  >:D

coop
"This Appleseed thing doesn't look like it would be for everyone, but it really is." Zac, age 7  كافر
"He who dares not offend cannot be honest." ~ Thomas Paine    "Cooper, you're an a**hole!" - recent Shoot Boss's compliment
"I don't know where "brave" leaves off and "foolish" picks up, but you've certainly got your share of courage." - FuzzyMath
"For the Rifle!, the Rifle!, in our hands will prove no trifle!" ~from the lyrics of "The Bennington Riflemen"
Understand the urgency of our mission; no amount of bailing can raise a sunken ship.

Cully

OK.  One smoked turkey and some baking taters are on the way!

Kosciusko

3 cases of water
5+pounds of hot dogs
Can  run and get pizzas Saturday night

any special requests?

on the stove, the turkey might fit, we normally don't cook anything inside, just use the top burners

re: kosher bacon, the shop is right next to the  mithril chain mail place

colycat

You know,  you are going to have waay to muuch foood $$-0
"These are the times that try men's souls. The summer soldier and the sunshine patriot will, in this crisis, shrink from the service of their country; but he that stands it now, deserves the love and thanks of man and woman. Tyranny, like hell, is not easily conquered; yet we have this consolation with us, that the harder the conflict, the more glorious the triumph. What we obtain too cheap, we esteem too lightly: it is dearness only that gives everything its value."   T Paine

Cooper

Six dozen eggs, 80 pork links
Woody35's wife has offered an eggbake as well

Coly, you're just jealous...

AFTERMATH

Quote from: colycat on March 23, 2012, 02:59:38 PM
You know,  you are going to have waay to muuch foood $$-0

We're stockpiling for the battle of Mississippigeddon....   I've been hearing the drums on the other side of the river - Don't think we don't know what you're up too. >:D

Though it is possible, that we've got way too much food - So, WI come join us!

By the way folks, it seems I may have overlooked something - mess gear.

How about forks, knives, spoons, plates, coffee cups?
Preferably disposable.  Won't be much time to wash dishes.

Does anyone have one of those mobile wifi devices?  If so, can you bring it along?

Cully

What time does the party start on Saturday? What time is breakfast?

BuzzG

Johnnyappleseed

Quote from: warhog on March 22, 2012, 08:53:31 PM
Ok I will bring the pulled pork and buns.

He He .......The 30mm is an impressive piece of equipment the rest of the jet is pretty basic but brutally effective.
Hi Randy ,
I was there when you shot RM  O0

Hi to all in Minnesota -- Nice to see old friends and those who haved helped along the way .
Puma Mami -- I just had occasion to use the "Valley Forge " link you kindly posted .
Nice to see you all .
JA from california
Nothing in the world can take the place of Persistence. Talent will not; nothing is more common than unsuccessful men with talent. Genius will not; unrewarded genius is almost a proverb. Education will not; the world is full of educated derelicts. Persistence and determination alone are omnipotent. The slogan 'Press On' has solved and always will solve the problems of the human race.
Calvin Coolidge

warhog

Johnnyappleseed you have inspired me to go back to irons on my LTR  Thanks!!
Fortes fortuna adiuvat

didactic

'Bout as likely to have too much food as too much ammo.

A wise man once told me that as long as you can get inside and get the door closed, you don't have too much ammo.

And if you can't, what you really have is not too much ammo, but too little storage space.
"If not us, who?  If not now, when?"  Ronald W. Reagan