News:

We need volunteers in sales, marketing, PR, IT, and general "running of an organization." 
Maximize your Appleseed energy to make this program grow, and help fill the empty spots
on the firing line!  An hour of time spent at this level can have the impact of ten or a
hundred hours on the firing line.  Want to help? Send a PM to Monkey!

Main Menu

Howdy from Ouachita Parish

Started by shane, March 03, 2012, 11:17:46 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

shane

Just saying hello and looking forward to attending the shoot in Sildell! I recently found out about the apple seed project and have enjoyed reading the site as well as the liking the goals of the organization. If your in town look me up!

LawDog

Shane:
Your enthusiasm is infectious.  We will have a great event in Slidell.  Bring some folks down with you from Monroe.  My wife will cooking jambalaya and the National Guard is excited to have us.  If there are enough folks who need housing, the Guard will open the barracks up for us.  $68 per night for the user fee and then $2.43 per person.  Yep, 10 people could stay on Saturday night for less than $100 total.  In fact, drive down on Friday with a group and stay Friday and Saturday for less than $20 each.  Can't beat that deal.  Let me know if that interests anyone and I will confirm it is still available.
LD

shane

LOL I would love that since I was in the Guard for 9 years, 528th ch eng  Mos- 31c, commo chief then switched to 12 B Boom Baby :)  Bet it would bring back some fine memories smelling that mildewed canvas once more lol! I have several ppl interested and a few more contacts to make. One is a father and son group that recently, 2 months ago, came to the house for shooting instruction.  Being able to get the OPSO range would really turn out the folks since its local and well used for national events, both gun and bow.

LawDog

Once you think you have enough folks that splitting up the cost woudl be worthwhile, let me know.  I will approach the Guard then.  Or I can put you in touch with Sgt. Major Leonick.  he has been very helpful, as has everyone at the Post. 

kd5ozj

By the rude bridge that arched the flood,Their flag to April's breeze unfurled,Here once the embattled farmers stood,And fired the shot heard round the world.....Ralph Waldo Emerson         "A shot that goes astray,May just as well been thrown away"....Unknown

LawDog

I will get with Sgt Major to make sure the offer is still open.  If not, you have a spot at Hotel Dan!