News:

We need volunteers in sales, marketing, PR, IT, and general "running of an organization." 
Maximize your Appleseed energy to make this program grow, and help fill the empty spots
on the firing line!  An hour of time spent at this level can have the impact of ten or a
hundred hours on the firing line.  Want to help? Send a PM to Monkey!

Main Menu

Madison gun Show

Started by colycat, February 27, 2012, 11:15:00 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

colycat

April 6 & 7
Madison Marriott Gun Show     
Friday 3-8   Saturday 9-5
Vendor Fee $45/8' Table
1313 John Q Hammons Dr, Middleton, WI 53562

Once again, any help to man this show would be greatly appreciated. Notice its Friday and Saturday only.  I think this is Easter weekend and this has been a good show for us in the past.  Even if you only have a few hrs to help out, please post so.

Friday,  3 to 8 PM

Colycat, Dragonfly

Saturday 9 to 12:00
Dragonfly
Janir

Saturday 12:00 to 5:00 PM
Janir
colycat...3:00 to take down.
"These are the times that try men's souls. The summer soldier and the sunshine patriot will, in this crisis, shrink from the service of their country; but he that stands it now, deserves the love and thanks of man and woman. Tyranny, like hell, is not easily conquered; yet we have this consolation with us, that the harder the conflict, the more glorious the triumph. What we obtain too cheap, we esteem too lightly: it is dearness only that gives everything its value."   T Paine

dragonfly

I can be there friday 3-8 and after work on Saturday 9- 12pm

D-fly
www.facebook.com/WIAppleseed

K.I.S.S.
Lead, Follow or Get out of the way - Thomas Paine
Did you talk to someone new about APPLESEED today ?
The United States Constitution.

Janir

I can be there all day Saturday.
"The Tree of Liberty must be refreshed from time to time with the blood of patriots and tyrants." -Thomas Jefferson

"Our forefathers gave us a better way to refresh the Tree of Liberty. If we give our blood and sweat now,  willingly, by using the political and social processes they secured for us with their lives, maybe our own Posterity will never have to unwillingly spill their blood and tears to re-secure their Liberty. " - Janir

colycat

Wondering if Robb and Deacon have a few hrs on Saturday? ;)
"These are the times that try men's souls. The summer soldier and the sunshine patriot will, in this crisis, shrink from the service of their country; but he that stands it now, deserves the love and thanks of man and woman. Tyranny, like hell, is not easily conquered; yet we have this consolation with us, that the harder the conflict, the more glorious the triumph. What we obtain too cheap, we esteem too lightly: it is dearness only that gives everything its value."   T Paine

colycat

Everyone...

This is 1 and half day gun show, not 2 and a half days.  So, its a little more intense than the typical show and we need to have a presence there.  Not just old crabby colycat chasing people away from Appleseed.

Its the perfect storm,  just before the 4/19 weekend, just before the recall elections,  just before Wisconsin looses conservative control of the senate and we go back to the bad old days of less liberty.  BTW, That last point is not a given if we double down on reaching folks through full lines at our seeds.

Or all you all to busy with going to empty shoots?  (6 instructors for 12 students @ Racine) :wb:

If everyone jumps in for a few hrs during the weekend,  we can move the ball into our court. :~

colycat

Today is the day.  Show starts at 3:00 PM and runs until 8:00 PM.  I expect it to be busy, as most people have this afternoon off.

Post here if you can help out for a few hrs.

colycat

It was busy, peps were lined up all the way into the parking lot.  What a great op to fill the lines.  And a lot of fun too, if you can be a little aggressive.

Rocco said we are good to go with his shows, FREE from now on.  While Bob was sleeping, Rocco went on line and checked us out.  Said we are a pretty good group, for humans. ;D

For those of you who don't know about the Bob and Rocco shows,  Bob is human and Rocco is a black lab.  "From Bob and Rocco, hey take your kids hunting"

Trig

I'll head out there tomorrow and see if I can change Bob's opinion, hey I got a reputation to uphold!
1st Appleseed - Osage Beach MO, 4/17/10- special thanks to Longshot, ThorsHammer, and JungleGeorge
2nd Appleseed - Lodi WI - Rifleman/Orange Hat 4/17/11 - special thanks to Dragonfly, Mr. Natural, Lady Vetch, and Trisha
IT1 - Hubertus WI, 5/7/11
IT2 - Racine WI, 6/11/11
IT3 - Suamico WI, 6/18/11
IT4 - Racine WI 8/7/11     ***KD Rifleman*** special thanks to Colycat and JoeZ
Red Hat - Hubertus 8/13/11
Shoot Boss - Lodi WI 6/10/12  *thanks to all I have learned/stolen from on my journey* Special thanks to Dfly and Coly *
********************Better Americans today, better America tomorrow!********************