News:

We need volunteers in sales, marketing, PR, IT, and general "running of an organization." 
Maximize your Appleseed energy to make this program grow, and help fill the empty spots
on the firing line!  An hour of time spent at this level can have the impact of ten or a
hundred hours on the firing line.  Want to help? Send a PM to Monkey!

Main Menu

Michigan has a new Shoot Boss!!!

Started by ITB, February 26, 2012, 10:20:40 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

ITB

It was my pleasure and honor to present Superheat with the Green Hat this weekend.  Please join me in wishing him well as he takes on a whole new level of responsibilities.

Superheat's work ethic, passion, dedication and character are an inspiration to all of us.  My only regret comes from the knowledge that we won't be working that many shoot together in the future.

Congratulations, brother.
"I will either set my country free, or shed my last drop of blood to make her so." -  Dr. Joseph Warren

" ITB glides through the highways of the Midwest like a Velvet Fog, unfettered by mortal speed limits, leaving only the knowledge of American Heritage and Marksmanship (and a faint whiff of ghost pepper sauce) in his wake." - Oz

CF KD requal - Muenster, TX  11/25/23

Swamp Thing

You beat me to it by 10 minutes Burbs!

Super congrats to you Superheat! It has been a pleasure being led/dragged down the trail by you. Actually, it's been a lot more like a good hike with an old friend.

Here's to many more of those long hikes brother! Many more places to see and more Americans to wake up.

Back to work.  ~~:)

^:)^ ^:)^ ^:)^

ST

Graywolf

Outstanding!  Congratulations Superheat!  Well done! 
"I would rather be exposed to the inconveniences attending too much liberty than to those attending too small a degree of it." - Thomas Jefferson

"There ain't no easy horses.  Learn to ride."  S.K.B.

AuntieBellum

"Nothing is as strong as the heart of a volunteer."
-Lt. Colonel James Harold "Jimmy" Doolittle, US Army Air Corps, 1942

"You smell like Appleseed." - Rimshot

George Hacker

Congratulations, Superheat! ^:)^ ^:)^ ^:)^

- ShadowMan
Tell your Pacific Northwest facebook friends to "like" and post in the Northwest Region Project Appleseed page.

"You can't miss fast enough..."  "Aim small, miss small."

waveman

Congratulations Pete

I hope burbs put the "real" green hat on you and not just the plain green one.

hawkhavn

Criticism is the only known antidote to error.  David Brin

What a nation has done, a nation can aspire to.
Dr. Jerry Pournelle

Throughout history, poverty is the normal condition of man. Advances which permit this norm to be exceeded — here and there, now and then — are the work of an extremely small minority, frequently despised, often condemned, and almost always opposed by all right-thinking people. Whenever this tiny minority is kept from creating, or (as sometimes happens) is driven out of a society, the people then slip back into abject poverty.

This is known as "bad luck."
---Robert Anson Heinlein

"Great things have been effected by a few men well conducted." - George Rogers Clark

"Appleseed is a safe place to learn because they care. They have the confidence and serenity of spring gardeners." 1IV on AR15.com

jollyrogers

Rimshot

"Hearing the story of our Heritage told with just dry facts is like hearing Romeo & Juliet through autopsy reports." - Fred

"In 1775, to protect Liberty a man had to knock on his neighbor's door and ask "will you come die with me?"  In 2012, to protect Liberty a man has to knock on his neighbor's door and ask "will you come vote/attend a public meeting/work at a poll with me?"  Jason Russell, and men and women like him, are the reason have a easier task in 2012. The question is, are we up to it?" - YHJ

dragonfly

Congrats my friend, well done  O0 O0

D-fly   Keeping the Faith
www.facebook.com/WIAppleseed

K.I.S.S.
Lead, Follow or Get out of the way - Thomas Paine
Did you talk to someone new about APPLESEED today ?
The United States Constitution.

Bill Winkle

Congratulations! That is awesome and well deserved. You will make a great Shoot Boss  O0
....Bill Winkle....

Morpheus

Congratulations Superheat!

Hope to meet you on the trail someday.

Morpheus
"The liberties of a people never were, nor ever will be, secure when the transactions of their rulers may be concealed from them." Patrick Henry
"We have to pass the bill so you can find out what is in it." Nancy Pelosi (and Paul Ryan, kinda)

Swamp Thing

Only two clicks left on that hat. The red one had at least 4.  >:D

mac66

As one of Superheat's angels,  @)  I say HUZZAH!   ^:)^
Status quo, you know, is Latin for 'the mess we're in'.
Ronald Reagan

Even if you are on the right track, you'll get run over if you just sit there. Will Rogers

The King has degenerated into a tyrant and forfeits all rights to his subjects' obedience."  Patrick Henry, 1765

Motivation?...The best solution to morale problems is to kill all the unhappy people  Ghenghis Khan

Rascal21

CONGRATS!!!!! Knew it wouldn't be long, wish I had been there to see it!

Rascal

GEmanuel

"A free people ought not only to be armed and disciplined, but they should have sufficient arms and ammunition to maintain a status of independence from any who might attempt to abuse them, which would include their own government." — George Washington

"Patriotism is supporting your country all the time, and your government when it deserves it." --Mark Twain (1835-1910)

"A constitution is not the act of a government, but of a people constituting a government; and government without a constitution is power without a right. All power exercised over a nation, must have some beginning. It must be either delegated, or assumed. There are not other sources. All delegated power is trust, and all assumed power is usurpation. Time does not alter the nature and quality of either." ~ Thomas Paine

SteelThunder

Huzzah!  Makes the drive worth it to witness it.  ST
NRA Patron Member, SAF Life Member
NRA Certified Rifle Instructor, RSO
Warlord of the West

Ultima vox civis
"Learning occurs only after repetitive, demoralizing failures." - Pat Rogers
"Silence in the face of evil is itself evil; God will not hold us guiltless. Not to speak is to speak. Not to act is to act." - Dietrich Bonhoeffer
"So live your life that the fear of death can never enter your heart." - Tecumseh
"Never attribute to treachery, that which can adequately be explained by incompetence" - Bonaparte, Hanlon, et al

Reddot

Superheat

Perhaps this thread has run its course...

Last weekend was very humbling.  Thank you ITB you have spent countless hours mentoring me.  You are truly a leader among men. 

Miki, Thank you for your help getting me out of the nest and seeing something in myself I didn't know was there.

Mac I did notice you were standing when I got my hat.  Thank you.

The Young Marine OO-RAH was powerful in the small building.  Awesome.

Thanks to all my friends who gave me an Avitar solute, It is still funny. 

Swampy I know thats you tapping my bumper,  I'll wave as you go by brother.

number6

Now that I've got settled all of the Non-AS stuff from the weekend, I can put in my two cents. 
I thought at my first AS that it would just be enough to get a patch, and then maybe bring a friend or two, Superheat, once I got the patch, persisted and made me realize that the AS program is one of the best ways to move the needle in this country.  It took him as many Appleseeds to get me to take the orange hat as it did for me to get my first Rifleman Patch.

Superheat is one of the reasons this program is where it is in Michigan, and where it will be in the future.

Contrats...

number6
You still have a choice. You can still salvage your right to be individuals. Your rights to truth and free thought! Reject this false world of Number Two . . . reject it NOW!!
Number 6, The Prisoner, Episode 11 "A Change of Mind"

"To preserve liberty, it is essential that the whole body of the people always possess arms, and be taught alike, especially when young, how to use them..." � Richard Henry Lee, "Letters from the Federal Farmer to the Republic"

"Rifles don't read" YellowHouseJake

"Lots of work?  Yup.  You wanna grow?  Suck it up, cupcake." - SteelThunder

Grindstone

Pete,

Congratulations! You are an inspiration and a great motivator.

SPQR

"It is amazing to watch the intricate dance of the Indiana instructors playing off each other's strengths. No ego involved. Just doing what needs to be done by the person best suited to do it to give the shooters what they need." - Miki

"Indiana rules!" - Nero

"We all need Bedford." - brianheeter

Miki

Superheat, I was honored to be there to see you get that lovely green hat. It's a good color on you!

Caliper

Huzzah!  Great seeing the guy who gave me my orange hat get a green one! 

Heartbreaker

Me too, Caliper! Congratulations Superheat! You have done well. Now get back to work! ~~:)
Ruby

Quote from: Caliper on February 29, 2012, 11:23:35 PM
Huzzah!  Great seeing the guy who gave me my orange hat get a green one!

BeeFree

You look lovely in Green, dude!  ^:)^ :bow:

BeeFree
Make Orwell Fiction Again!

Miki

I think I've seen him in green crocks...humm...

Quote from: BeeFree on March 06, 2012, 10:09:15 PM
You look lovely in Green, dude!  ^:)^ :bow:

BeeFree

BeeFree

Quote from: Miki on March 06, 2012, 10:43:20 PM
I think I've seen him in green crocks...humm...

Pics!

Pics or it didn't happen!  LOL!

BeeFree
Make Orwell Fiction Again!

tenthumbs

Late to the party but Congrats brother.  ^:)^  ..:..

You are a perspiration to us all.  ~~:)   &)

Howard