News:

We need volunteers in sales, marketing, PR, IT, and general "running of an organization." 
Maximize your Appleseed energy to make this program grow, and help fill the empty spots
on the firing line!  An hour of time spent at this level can have the impact of ten or a
hundred hours on the firing line.  Want to help? Send a PM to Monkey!

Main Menu

188 Additional Kentucky Riflemen Opportunities

Started by Unbridled Liberty, February 20, 2012, 10:30:23 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Unbridled Liberty

My pro PR contact just sent me an Excel spreadsheet of most of the outdoors and sports writers in Kentucky.  Are you ready for this?  There are 188 different individuals on this list.  What an opportunity!  If each of the 19 Kentucky intructors took just 10 names we could make short work of this.

So here is what I am proposing.  You've heard of some political candidates having "Money Bombs"?  Well next Tuesday morning, February 28, 2012 is the first ever Kentucky Project Appleseed "Press Release Bomb":bomb:

We have one week to prepare for this, but that is plenty of time.  Over the coming days, check your email boxes for your list of 10 (more or less) media people that YOU will be sending press releases to.  I will attach to the email a copy of our official press release along with instructions.  Stand by...

UL
For Liberty, each Freeman Strives
As its a Gift of God
And for it willing yield their Lives
And Seal it with their Blood

Thrice happy they who thus resign
Into the peacefull Grave
Much better there, in Death Confin'd
Than a Surviving Slave

This Motto may adorn their Tombs,
(Let tyrants come and view)
"We rather seek these silent Rooms
Than live as Slaves to You"

Lemuel Haynes, 1775

Unbridled Liberty

Good grief, I feel like a kid on Christmas Eve.  I sent mine out a little while ago.  Had one bounce.  FMJ sent his too.

Can't wait for tomorrow.  Let me know how the rest of you do.

By the way, SPQR and I had a little discussion this weekend about the danger of us being flagged as SPAM because of this.  I have thought about it, but believe the danger is minimal.  Media outlets get press releases all the time.  These email addresses are set up in part to receive press releases.  And since our press release is legitimate, and as long as we follow the guidelines (separate email for each address, etc.) I think we will be fine.

UL
For Liberty, each Freeman Strives
As its a Gift of God
And for it willing yield their Lives
And Seal it with their Blood

Thrice happy they who thus resign
Into the peacefull Grave
Much better there, in Death Confin'd
Than a Surviving Slave

This Motto may adorn their Tombs,
(Let tyrants come and view)
"We rather seek these silent Rooms
Than live as Slaves to You"

Lemuel Haynes, 1775

brdholman

ChuckS

Also done, also one bounce.

Be interested to hear what kind of response we get from these efforts.