News:

We need volunteers in sales, marketing, PR, IT, and general "running of an organization." 
Maximize your Appleseed energy to make this program grow, and help fill the empty spots
on the firing line!  An hour of time spent at this level can have the impact of ten or a
hundred hours on the firing line.  Want to help? Send a PM to Monkey!

Main Menu

2012 Smith and Wesson Instructor Purchase Program

Started by nyrasgt, February 19, 2012, 03:52:29 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

nyrasgt

Ladies and Gentlemen,
   In response to a number of inquiries re: the above, an update.
S&W will participate in 2012 Instructor Purchase Program.  The forms have been delayed and are not yet ready.  I am told that they will include, besides S&W, their subsidiaries, Walther and Thompson Center, as well.  Nice.

Other updates: 
a.  Appleseed embroidered, button-down denim shirts:  nearly ready to start   taking prepaid orders.  Am hoping that I can get a picture and link on Riflewoman's Appleseed Store site.
b.  Still working on vetting the Ruger-TALO Appleseed Training Rifle (or whatever it ends up being called):  studs, 1.25" swivels, sling, Tech 100 sights, 2 magazines, and Appleseed identification of some kind.  Everything you need and nothing you don't (apologies to Nissan).  No - no price yet.  Patience, fortitude, and persistence.
Will advise.
Excelsior,
madMark/nyrasgt
"Aim for a high mark and you will hit it.  No, not the first time, nor the second, and maybe not the third. But keep on aiming and keep on shooting,
for only practice will make you perfect.
Finally, you will hit the bulls-eye of success."
-Annie Oakley Butler
A Rifleman Persists
"Nemo me impune lacessit."  Montresor, via E. A. Poe, 1846

Roland

That's great news... do you have any idea how expansive the program will be, like how many guns it will cover? I realize you probably don't really know, just thought you might have some idea from previous dealings with them.
The doorway to freedom is framed by the muskets that stood between a vision of of liberty and absolute anarchy at a place called Concord Bridge--Charlton Heston, 1997

"Be a man of principle. Fight for what you believe in. Keep your word. Live with integrity. Be brave. Believe in something bigger than yourself. Serve your country. Teach. Mentor. Give something back to society. Lead from the front. Conquer your fears. Be a good friend. Be humble and be self-confident. Appreciate your friends and family. Be a leader and not a follower. Be valorous on the field of battle. And take responsibility for your actions. Never forget those that were killed. And never let rest those that killed them." -- Major Douglas Zembiec

Charles McKinley

Thanks for all the work on these issues.  I look forward to the LTR.  I hope to have a Red hat when it is time to order.
Last evening, it occurred to me that when a defender of Liberty is called home, their load lands upon the shoulders of the defenders left behind. Just as the Founders did their duty for Liberty, every subsequent generation must continue their work lest Liberty perish. As there is no way for the remaining adults to take on the work of those that die, we must pass the ideals and duties on to the children. -PHenery