News:

We need volunteers in sales, marketing, PR, IT, and general "running of an organization." 
Maximize your Appleseed energy to make this program grow, and help fill the empty spots
on the firing line!  An hour of time spent at this level can have the impact of ten or a
hundred hours on the firing line.  Want to help? Send a PM to Monkey!

Main Menu

DASHBOARD: Blue Trail Range Appleseed, April 21-22, 2012

Started by The Log, February 15, 2012, 11:53:47 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

The Log

Status and Task List for:
Blue Trail Range Appleseed - April 21-22, 2012
Last Updated: April 23, 2012

Event Information

Date:April 21-22, 2012
Shoot Boss:The Log
Instructors/IITs:Glock23, Who_Me?, Vernic82 (Sat only), freedomwon, Old Ironsights (Sunday)
Pre-Registrations: 50/50 SOLD OUT!!
Event Information Page:http://appleseedinfo.org/smf/index.php?topic=27776.0
Pre-Registration Page:http://www.eventbrite.com/event/2981272065
Flyer Download: Event Flyer: See EIP
CT Flyer: http://appleseedinfo.org/smf/index.php?topic=12171.0

Tasks / Action Items
These items below require action. Please respond in this thread to volunteer and complete a task or fill a role.
Items with names and dates in parens have been assigned and are in progress. Items with a strike are complete.

Logistics, Administrative and Staffing

• Host contacted
  • Present to club's Board of Directors
  • Event scheduled with Host
  • Host Application signed and submitted
  • EIP information submitted
  • Shoot Boss needed
  • Red Hats needed welcome
  • Orange Hats needed welcome
  • Management of target backers and shoot supplies
  • Pre-shoot setup

Promotional Tasks

• Distribute Event Flyers at Newington Gun Exchange, Hoffman's, JoJo's, Milford Gun and Safe, other gun stores
  • Distribute Event Flyers at CT public ranges (All volunteers)
  • Post event information at your gun club / Mention Appleseed at your gun club's next meeting (All volunteers)
  • Post event information at CTShooting.com
  • Post event information at Northeastshooters.com
  • Post event information at AR15.com
  • Post event information at TheFiringLine.com
  • Post event information at TheHighRoad.org
  • Other promotional tasks?

Promotional Efforts to Date

"The future belongs to those that show up." - hawkhavn

The Log

This one is officially on the schedule and ready for signup. Now it's time to sell, sell, sell!!! I'm meeting with Dave Lyman next week to go over details and see about getting some of the teams that use BTR interested in the shoot. I've also been experimenting with Facebook ads to promote this one - please let me know if you see the ad. Grab a screenshot if you can.

I've produced a special BTR-only flyer for this shoot. It's attached to our flyer page - http://appleseedinfo.org/smf/index.php?topic=12171.0. Feel free to distribute that anywhere you think might be a good spot. Or use the regular flyer that lists all the upcoming shoots.

</log>

The Log

First three takers signed on today! And at least one of them signed up despite - err, I mean because of - Vernic82's and CaptMac's smiling faces on TV last month! So we've got that going for us.

Keep on selling!!

</log>

The Log

Four shooters and counting!

Met with Dave Lyman today. Everything is looking good. He's going to promote this strongly at the awards dinner for high school shooting teams. About 250 kids, plus parents. Think he said that's in March. Sounds good!

Really ramping up the promo machine now - getting press releases ready, Facebook ad is churning out the clicks, posters are going up. Let's keep selling!

</log>

The Log

Thanks to Glock23 and Vernic82 for stepping up to staff this one. We're going to sell this one out, so we'll need all the help we can get.

Any other takers?

</log>

The Log

We're getting a lot of interest in this shoot now, and a lot of the potential shooters will need rifles. Instructors - please see http://appleseedinfo.org/smf/index.php?topic=28203.0 for loaner tracking for this shoot. Thanks.

</log>

TOMINCT

I'll be dropping off the BTR special fliers at Sportman's Outpost in Wolcott in about 5 minutes plus at the Chase range in Waterbury.

Other places, when I get there,will be noted here.
crak's battle road IBC 10-09
Ramseur 2-12!
ninsho's battle road IBC 6-13

The Log

Looks like the leprechauns found a few shooters for us - we're up to 12! Keep selling!!

</log>

The Log

One month out and we're up to a baker's dozen already! I expect this to start heating up now, with Chaplin sold out and all the interest I'm getting in emails. Keep up the good work.

</log>

The Log

We're up to 21 shooters! That's eight new shooters in just the past two days. At this rate, we'll be sold out before they're done shooting at Chaplin this weekend.  O0

</log>

The Log

Big one-day jump - we're up to 24 shooters!!  ^:)^

My guess - these were Chaplin shooters who got home after the first day of the shoot tonight and said, "I gotta get me some more of that!" I so, good work, Chaplin crew!!  :bow:

</log>

The Log

Two more sold, so we're over the hump - more than halfway to sold out!

Keep up the good work - I'm going to be checking up on this from Florida next week  ~~:) ~~:)

</log>

The Log

What's this? I go away for a few days and we stall at 29 shooters? That ain't right. Let's go!! We need those last 21 slots sold!!

</log>

The Log

We finally broke the 30 mark! Only 18 more to go for our sellout, and only 2 weeks left.  ~~:) ~~:)

</log>

The Log

The Log

The Log

The Log

Friday the 13th turns out to be lucky for us --

ANOTHER SOLD-OUT CONNECTICUT SHOOT!!!

^:)^ ^:)^ ^:)^ ^:)^ ^:)^

Fifty shooters for April 19th -  what could be better?

Now, let's work on logistics.

</log>

Jay Haich

Congratulations!!!

I found out that you were sold out when one of the guys at work said he could not register this weekend as Blue trails was SOLD OUT!

I guess the next Colebrook shoot has one shooter waiting to sign up.... O0
If you are not part of the solution, then you are part of the problem.

Fred; Quoted (out of context) at an IBC on Battle Road 2011 "All it takes is a Red Hat and a Sharpie to run an Appleseed."
We ALL know this is not true and I would like to thank all the Hats, Admin and other volunteers that are involved in making an Appleseed Shoot happen.....

The Log

Quote from: Jay Haich on April 16, 2012, 02:21:32 PM
I guess the next Colebrook shoot has one shooter waiting to sign up.... O0
Don't forget that the July Colebrook shoot is a Ladyseed...

</log>