News:

We need volunteers in sales, marketing, PR, IT, and general "running of an organization." 
Maximize your Appleseed energy to make this program grow, and help fill the empty spots
on the firing line!  An hour of time spent at this level can have the impact of ten or a
hundred hours on the firing line.  Want to help? Send a PM to Monkey!

Main Menu

*** Mar 10-12 Gibsonburg, OH IBC - Registration and Details! ***

Started by MeanStreaker, February 13, 2012, 02:40:23 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

MeanStreaker

Hello everyone!

We are now a month away from the March 10-12 Gibsonburg, OH Instructor Boot Camp.  It will be a great time for all of us to reconnect as a team after a long winter... and just as important, improve our Instructor skills to gear up for the 2012 Appleseed season!  I don't know if you've been following the news, but it looks like this country could still use Appleseed's message, so I guess we need to hit the Trail hard again for at least another year.   

An IBC is the perfect way to get a leg up if you are new to the program, and also to shake the rust off those red and green hats if they have been sitting for a little while.  More details are below, but first, the important stuff:

----------------------------------------

HOW TO REGISTER:

1) Please RSVP by Private Message to MeanStreaker and Lisa.  This is necessary for Lisa to accurately plan facilities and food.

2) Please RSVP by Private Message to Lisa which meals (if any) you will be eating, as well as if you will sleep in the clubhouse or pitch a tent outside.  (More details on both below.)

----------------------------------------

That's it!  Once you send those two PMs we look forward to seeing you there!!! 

Please bring:
-- Sense of Humor! :)
-- Notebook and Pen
-- Any AS teaching materials you normally have at a shoot (6 Steps pictures, etc)
-- Latest Instructor Manual, preferably
-- Copy of Paul Revere's Ride, preferably
-- Dummy Rifle if you have one
-- Centerfire Rifle, Ammo (if we have time for the 500 yard range)
-- Interesting Rifles we may use during Rifle Familiarization
-- Whatever else you think you might need - I recommend Oreos!  ;D

Food Provided for Donation:

Lisa and her SCSC Kitchen Crew will again be providing incredible hot meals for the duration of the IBC.  I can't even begin to tell you how awesome the food was last year.  Ask those that were there!  She is doing this on a donation basis, so please feel free to donate what you are able to and feel is appropriate.  She will offer

Sat - breakfast, lunch, dinner
Sun - breakfast, lunch, dinner
Mon - breakfast, lunch

As written above, please send Lisa a Private Message if you will be eating her meals so she can plan!

If you plan to bring your own food, please be sure to bring your own coolers and anything else you might need as club's rules say kitchen area, fridge, stove, etc. can only be accessed by the SCSC Kitchen Crew.

Lodging

You are welcome to lay out a sleeping bag or cot in the clubhouse Fri, Sat, and Sun night... or sleep in your vehicle, or pitch a tent outside. 

Other stuff:

We will begin each day at 8AM.

For those not aware, the IBC will consist of three days of mostly classroom work learning how to teach all Appleseed lessons and much more - mock Appleseed, shooter diagnosis, rifle familiarization, more advanced Known Distance info, and more.  Attendees will have plenty of hands-on practice teaching lessons themselves in small groups.  Folks at Ohio IBC's have provided feedback saying IBC practice in a friendly environment is worth the experience you would get at five, six, or more AS shoots!

Also, if there is time, and if Posterboy is able to work it with his schedule, we may have the opportunity to have some fun on the 500 yard range Monday afternoon.  I know everyone enjoyed it last year.

Any questions you have, feel free to ask.

Please forward this message to anyone and everyone in your state as we would love to have you aboard.

See everyone there!

Thanks,
--Mike
Those who expect to reap the blessings of freedom must, like men, undergo the fatigue of supporting it.
--Thomas Paine

Used to ride a Kawasaki Mean Streak motorcycle.  I'm not an angry, naked runner.  :)

KAH

Mike:

You are absolutely right - The IBC in Gibsonburg is the perfect tune-up to start the new year.

Last year's event was awesome - a great opportunity to reconnect with the other instructors, a perfect chance to practice instructing some things that I hadn't had a chance to before (a make mistakes in front of friendly faces instead of strangers).

I'll be there and looking forward to learning some new things.

Oh yea, and there's the good food provided by the SCSC and Lisa as well as that 500 yard range!

take care,
kah
"We are in reality common Americans teaching our fellow common Americans to shoot uncommonly well. In addition we teach them their heritage." TaosGlock quoting SamD

Dangerous D

Hi Ohio Crew! (and boarder raiders)

The Gibsonburg IBC will be great!  The IBC one of the few times that so many of the Ohio crew can get together in one place, to learn from each other and practice our skills.  I was impressed with the very supportive teaching and learning environment last year and look forward to it again.  If anyone has any questions or hestiations please contact any of us to talk it through. This is a great opportunity not to be missed.

MrHappy

You know it'll be great, I'll be there &) All kidding aside it IS a great opportunity to get up to speed for 2012. A great opportunity for you IIT0 thru IIT3's to move to the head of the class. Or you can just do a lot of events and let me work ya!  ~~:) And you know I'll work ya!!
I can hardly wait to see everyone, it's been a long winter and I'm itchy all over to do an Appleseed.
Give me Liberty or give me Death
Slaves don't dream of being free. Slaves dream of being Masters ~ August Stetten

MeanStreaker

Quote from: MrHappy on February 16, 2012, 06:30:01 PM
and I'm itchy all over to do an Appleseed.

OK, I'm not sleeping near Happy.

And I'll bring the hand sanitizer!  :)
Those who expect to reap the blessings of freedom must, like men, undergo the fatigue of supporting it.
--Thomas Paine

Used to ride a Kawasaki Mean Streak motorcycle.  I'm not an angry, naked runner.  :)

Charles McKinley

Last evening, it occurred to me that when a defender of Liberty is called home, their load lands upon the shoulders of the defenders left behind. Just as the Founders did their duty for Liberty, every subsequent generation must continue their work lest Liberty perish. As there is no way for the remaining adults to take on the work of those that die, we must pass the ideals and duties on to the children. -PHenery

MeanStreaker

UPDATE:  I added to the original post to say

--Folks can arrive Fri evening and stay in the clubhouse.  (This is most likely what I'll be doing.)

--We will begin instruction each day at 8AM, so breakfast will be before that. 

Thanks!
--Thomas Paine

Charles McKinley

That EVIL Camp Perry place isn't too far away is it?  May have to beg and plead for birthday money for a BIG present.  Any tips about a trip to the CMP?

Thanks

Chuck
Last evening, it occurred to me that when a defender of Liberty is called home, their load lands upon the shoulders of the defenders left behind. Just as the Founders did their duty for Liberty, every subsequent generation must continue their work lest Liberty perish. As there is no way for the remaining adults to take on the work of those that die, we must pass the ideals and duties on to the children. -PHenery

Edheler

Quote from: Stand on February 21, 2012, 08:16:30 PM
That EVIL Camp Perry place isn't too far away is it?  May have to beg and plead for birthday money for a BIG present.  Any tips about a trip to the CMP?

I am also very interested in this, but there seems to be a bit of a logistics problem since they are open on Wednesday to Saturday from 8:30AM to 4:00PM. Coupled with "We do not advise bringing rifles on to the Camp Perry Base when you are visiting the store" which makes it difficult to just go there first on Friday and get to the Appleseed IBC more than a bit early. So it sounds like I would need to find somewhere to drop off my centerfire rifle for Monday and then find something to do for a few hours. Any suggestions?

Miki

I have the industrial size bottle of hand sanitizer in my SB box...I'll put it in the car.

Quote from: MeanStreaker on February 17, 2012, 11:32:36 AM
Quote from: MrHappy on February 16, 2012, 06:30:01 PM
and I'm itchy all over to do an Appleseed.

OK, I'm not sleeping near Happy.

And I'll bring the hand sanitizer!  :)

MeanStreaker

One suggestion for visiting the CMP store is to call ahead of time, especially right before you're going to see what they have in stock if you're looking for something specific.

My first trip up in '09 I called on like a Tue to see if they had Service grades.  They did, but by the time I got there on Fri they were all out.  But even if you're not buying, it's great to walk around and see all the M1's.

Also make sure you visit their website and have all of the forms, docs, and other hoops you need to jump through completed.  Sucks to make the trip to realize you left behind something important.
--Thomas Paine

Charles McKinley

Thank you Edheler

I had not even thought about having rifles with me. :-[

That certainly add a new wrinkle to the fabric. :-\

I just want a shooter.  Ugly is OK I can do the cosmetics.

Edheler

So, I am going to go to the CMP North store before the IBC on the 9th. I don't know if everyone has noticed the thread about 22LR bulk ammo at http://appleseedinfo.org/smf/index.php?topic=27927.msg210486

I don't have a clue if I could pickup ammo at the club prices of $65/5000 but the regular price of $90/5000 is a pretty darn good too. If anyone wants me to pick some up for them let me know. I will bring it to the IBC.

ilium

Being advised to not bring a rifle to the North store is not the same as being told that you can't bring a rifle to the north store.

You can walk out of the North Store with a rifle.

Just leave the rifle in your vehicle and enjoy shopping.

dirtdawg

I realize I am something of an unknown quantity, but I'm coming to this IBC from the Cincinnati area and, well, have you looked at the gas prices lately?

Seriously, I would welcome the opportunity to share a ride.  I am happy to take my Explorer and have room for five, or possibly seven if I bring the trailer (3rd row seats).

Send me a PM if you are on the bus route and you would like to share a ride.

slim

PM sent, dirtdawg.

For everyone else, I'm planning on leaving the Cincinnati area on Friday evening and returning Monday evening. You can ride along with me (depending on how many we get) or I can jump in with you.

Any takers?

GoldFish

Howdy all!

I'll be there, providing that there is still some floor space and grub available. 

Very much looking forward to seeing everyone again.  It's been a long winter, and I think know we could all use some skill polishing, FTF time, some of Lisa's good cookin', and, oh yeah, a 500 yard range!!! :--- 
If you can make it to this thinkg, THEN DO IT!!!

See ya'll there!
---GF
"Freedom is preserved by those who die for it, but it will not survive unless people are willing to live for it."
-Boba Fett (The RWVA Instructor, not the Star Wars Bounty Hunter)

'Yes, I am a Rifleman, but I'm also a Ninja....and a Jedi.'

"Integrity first, service before self, and excellence in all we do."

"Remember, my opinion on the totem pole of life is somewhere below whale s***..." -Chris Costa

"The more you care about something, the deeper the fight will come from within."  -Travis Haley

42          ΙΧΘΥΣ           كافر           MOÉ...ΩN É...ABE         αδάμαÏ, 

Merc, Mr. Fishy, Goober, Achmed, Cornflake, FBC, Tabilasco, Mowhawk 1 Alpha

What we do in life echoes in Eternity

MrHappy

Don't worry folks, I don't have cooties (remember cooties?).
As long as your firearms are cased up you won't have any problems at Camp Perry. It's not like they have guards at the gate. If you want to be "by the CMP book" have the actions open with an ECI in place even though the firearm is cased.
I was at Camp Perry back in late Jan. for the GSM Master Instructor course. Excellent time, highly recommended. There are(were) loads of Garands from rack to correct and let's not forget the "specials". I saw a few Krags and maybe a '03 or two and they were selling surplus web slings for $5 or $6 ea.
I was thinking about an HRA Correct when I heard a quiet voice calling..."Hey Mr.Happy, over here. I know you're a shootist and I'm your huckleberry. We'll make beautiful music together."
I could only reply "Indeed we will." I purchased one of the HRA Service Grade Specials. Correct, Collector grade metal in a very nice CMP stock. So that left one more Correct grade out there for some collector. Remember to take your drivers licence, membership card for your affiliate club, proof of marksmanship event and birth certificate.  Oh, and  buckets of cash or equivalent
Give me Liberty or give me Death
Slaves don't dream of being free. Slaves dream of being Masters ~ August Stetten

Charles McKinley

My Brother and I will be comming fron Western PA, Interstate 80 and up to Camp Perry then to the club Friday.  If anyone is along that route let me know.

Stand

Edheler

I will be leaving Southwestern PA around 10:30AM on Friday to go to the CMP North store. Given the way space works in my Jeep I would have room for one other person. I will be traveling I-79 to I-376 to I-76 to I-80.

Edheler

If anyone needs anything from the CMP North store please let me know via PM's I am willing to pick up anything you need in exchange for the exact cash/silver/gold that it costs me. The only conditional is that my credit card can cover the order.

Lisa

Ok so far I have a count of 21 attending, with 5 staying in a motel, a couple locals going home and the rest staying at the clubhouse. I had thought I would hear from a couple of others who I haven't heard from yet. So please let me know if there is any others, this weekend is coming real fast. We need approx. arrival times so we can have someone at the range for you when you get here.

Charles McKinley

My brother and I will probably be at CMP North until it closes unless we get an earlier start than I think we will.  How long does it take to get to the range from there?

Lisa

depends on the way you come from there... Usually about 30 - 45 min.

Ratchett

Hey Lisa!

Sorry did not realize Ihad not replied here. Goldfish and I will be coming up and staying at the club. Arriving Fri sometime. I am not sure if my son Matthew is coming---he registered but might depend on work.

See ya soon!

ratchett
Remember only two defining forces have ever offered to die for you: JESUS CHRIST and the AMERICAN ARMED FORCES.
One died for your soul, the other for your freedom-Unk

"The propitious smiles of Heaven can never be expected on a nation that disregards the eternal rules of order and right which Heaven itself has ordained."---Geo Washington, 1789

Those who hope in the Lord will renew their strength. They will soar on wings like eagles.---Isaiah 40:31

A wrathful man stirs up strife,
But he who is slow to anger allays contention.---Prov15:18

"Wisdom is higher than a fool can reach." --P. Wheatley

Edheler

Can anyone recommend somewhere to eat between the CMP North store and Gibsonburg? I figured that getting some dinner after going to the CMP North store and before arriving at the IBC would let me push my arrival back to around 6PM.

Lisa

Kate & Al's is a local bar in Gibsonburg that has awesome food. There is also Pisanello's Pizza is in Gibsonburg also, they are both less than 5 min. away from SCSC. Now if you want to head towards Fremont there is Deny's, Applebee's, and a real sweet Chinese place. Depending on what way you come to Gibsonburg from CMP there is a new place that opened The Beekeeper's Inn. I can not tell you anything about it as we have never been there.

Birdman

My plan is to arrive at Gibsonburg at 6pm. I think I should hit the CMP store to pick up a few extra slings at least.
Birdman

posterboy

Folks.....All of you staying Friday night this is my cell # 917-856-4329... I am the Key Master and the Gatekeeper both ( thanks Ghostbusters) so if the chain ( to the left ..not the gate) is NOT down when you arrive call me. I hope to be out at the club depending on work around 6-7pm.

Also in additional news our club happens to be having an ammo fund raiser going on ! we are selling bricks of 500 rnd Remington .22lr purchased via CMP for $15 !! yes that is cheap and a good deal. I will take cash and checks for the ammo. everyone needs more .22lr you can never have enough !!

I personally will also have some additional Molle stuff and some hydration system stuff for sale /swap. Please feel free if you got some stuff to sell to bring it as we can help each other out in an unofficial appleseed swap meet when the days agendas are completed and we are left staring at each other  :))  8)

I am looking forward to this weekend and to seeing familiar and new faces.  :--- :---

Huzzah

posterboy

MeanStreaker

QuoteI personally will also have some additional Molle stuff and some hydration system stuff for sale /swap. Please feel free if you got some stuff to sell to bring it as we can help each other out in an unofficial appleseed swap meet

Great idea1
--Thomas Paine