News:

We need volunteers in sales, marketing, PR, IT, and general "running of an organization." 
Maximize your Appleseed energy to make this program grow, and help fill the empty spots
on the firing line!  An hour of time spent at this level can have the impact of ten or a
hundred hours on the firing line.  Want to help? Send a PM to Monkey!

Main Menu

Morgan's Crew Rules

Started by wildman, February 12, 2012, 08:13:15 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

wildman

There are some rule changes that go in to effect starting with the Iceman Shoot in February 2012.

The Morgan's Crew award will be issued at each shoot to the top shooter and the second place shooter if the second place shooter is within 10 % of the top score.

First award Morgan's Crew Tab
Second, Third, and Forth award bronze star device to be attached to tab.
Fifth award silver star device.  (silver star replaces the three bronze stars)

Score is determined by calculating the percent of targets hit with one shot. Total Targets hit with first shot divided by number of targets engaged.

Targets are from 200 yards to 500yards. Each shooter in his own turn will shoot three strings of targets. Two strings of 16 targets each and one of four targets. Targets are presented in pairs at each distance as directed by the shoot boss. All pairs must be engaged in less that one minute.

Iron sights must be used. Shooter may use any unsupported position. No bi-pods,sandbags or other devices may be used to support the rifle. Slings, shooting gloves or jackets OK.

As always anyone that wishes to shoot with bi-pods, scopes or other devices is welcome to do so but will not be eligible for the MC award. 
This is my rifle. There are many like it but this one is mine.... "My Rifle" the creed of a US Marine by MG WH Rupertus,USMC

Bazooka Man

I'm new to long range shooting, but am improving. I see there is such a thing as a "Morgan's Crew" award, but there is less info on it than there are those who have been presented the award, at least that is what I am finding on the forum. I am unable to find anything about the award since the last post in 2012!!! Is this award still offered? If so, why isn't there information about upcoming events where it will be offered? Thanks
June 15/16 2013 Rifleman (Charlotte, NC)
Feb. 7/8 2015 Rifleman (Boone, NC) (Winterseed)
April 18/19 2015 Rifleman (Ramseur, NC)
March, 2017 RBC Rifleman and KD Qualified
(Ramseur, NC) Took a Blue Hat.
April 22/23, 2017 Rifleman Requal (243)
Ramseur, NC
January 20/21, 2018 Rifleman Requal (244) Ramseur, NC
May 4/5, 2019 Rifleman Requal (249)
Ramseur, NC
May 24/25, 2019 KD Requal
Ramseur, NC
May 14, 2020 RBC Ramseur, NC Pistoleerâ„¢ Patch (220)

hawkeye

I have my hands full with work ,teaching school, and running the shoots. My focus is on improving the shoots and the range. I worked all weekend on the range replacing the main power pole that fell during a storm. I do intend to award the patch again in the future. Steve
"Political correctness is a doctrine, fostered by a delusional, illogical minority, and rabidly promoted by an unscrupulous mainstream media, which holds forth the proposition that it is entirely possible to pick up a piece of crap by the clean end." Texas A&M student

Bazooka Man

Steve, I apologize if my post seemed negative. That was not my intention. There are few who contribute more to AS than you do. It appears that you need more help in this area. Maybe that is something that can be addressed in the near future.  Sometimes I find it very difficult to locate information on certain subjects on the AS website.  Keep up the good work. I only wish I were not two hours away from the range.
June 15/16 2013 Rifleman (Charlotte, NC)
Feb. 7/8 2015 Rifleman (Boone, NC) (Winterseed)
April 18/19 2015 Rifleman (Ramseur, NC)
March, 2017 RBC Rifleman and KD Qualified
(Ramseur, NC) Took a Blue Hat.
April 22/23, 2017 Rifleman Requal (243)
Ramseur, NC
January 20/21, 2018 Rifleman Requal (244) Ramseur, NC
May 4/5, 2019 Rifleman Requal (249)
Ramseur, NC
May 24/25, 2019 KD Requal
Ramseur, NC
May 14, 2020 RBC Ramseur, NC Pistoleerâ„¢ Patch (220)

hawkeye

I don't mean to sound harsh but there's lots to do at the range. Steve
"Political correctness is a doctrine, fostered by a delusional, illogical minority, and rabidly promoted by an unscrupulous mainstream media, which holds forth the proposition that it is entirely possible to pick up a piece of crap by the clean end." Texas A&M student