News:

We need volunteers in sales, marketing, PR, IT, and general "running of an organization." 
Maximize your Appleseed energy to make this program grow, and help fill the empty spots
on the firing line!  An hour of time spent at this level can have the impact of ten or a
hundred hours on the firing line.  Want to help? Send a PM to Monkey!

Main Menu

Good Deals

Started by The Old Guide, February 04, 2012, 06:02:25 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

The Old Guide

Midway is having another sale on 10/22 mags. $11 and change:

http://www.midwayusa.com/product/252579/ruger-magazine-ruger-10-22-22-long-rifle-10-round-polymer-black?cm_vc=S014ID512740

This would be a good place to post other good deals that pop up. My Christmas present came this week. It's a wide shooting mat like the one NHLibertas uses. Tall people don't have to put their knee in the mud because we don't fit on a regular mat.

I picked up a like new stainless 10/22 with factory synthetic stock. I already had a spare stainless mag release which I installed last night.

The butt stock is hollow. If anybody has a Ruger factory synthetic stock, please measure the distance from the base of the recoil pad forward to the location of the sling swivel and post it or PM it to me.
Our history is not a list of dates and places. It is a dynamic adventure of freedom and individual courage.

Crak's IBC, August 2010.
Fred's AIBC, April 2011
kDan's IBC, March 2012
Northeast SC Confab, Feb. 13

Two Wolves

Here's a picture of my sling installation. It's 2 inches from the buttstock to the center of the stud. I used a sheetrock hollow screw anchor and J.B. weld to secure it. Hope this helps. ~ Two Wolves
A moral compass provides a basis for making decisions; an action is good or bad, right or wrong when viewed in the light of the individual's moral bearing. If no moral compass exists for the individual, then decisions and actions are made on the basis of purely subjective thoughts. This leads to "If it makes me happy, or makes me feel good, or if it's something I simply want to do, then it is right and good."

GEmanuel

Nice job, I'll be passing this along
"A free people ought not only to be armed and disciplined, but they should have sufficient arms and ammunition to maintain a status of independence from any who might attempt to abuse them, which would include their own government." — George Washington

"Patriotism is supporting your country all the time, and your government when it deserves it." --Mark Twain (1835-1910)

"A constitution is not the act of a government, but of a people constituting a government; and government without a constitution is power without a right. All power exercised over a nation, must have some beginning. It must be either delegated, or assumed. There are not other sources. All delegated power is trust, and all assumed power is usurpation. Time does not alter the nature and quality of either." ~ Thomas Paine

The Old Guide

Great idea Two Wolves.
Our history is not a list of dates and places. It is a dynamic adventure of freedom and individual courage.

Crak's IBC, August 2010.
Fred's AIBC, April 2011
kDan's IBC, March 2012
Northeast SC Confab, Feb. 13

aragornelessar86

TOG, the forum already has a whole section dedicated to this.
http://appleseedinfo.org/smf/index.php?board=19.0
QuoteWish I was rich instead of so damn good looking
QuoteThose who would trade liberty for a little security deserve neither liberty nor security