News:

We need volunteers in sales, marketing, PR, IT, and general "running of an organization." 
Maximize your Appleseed energy to make this program grow, and help fill the empty spots
on the firing line!  An hour of time spent at this level can have the impact of ten or a
hundred hours on the firing line.  Want to help? Send a PM to Monkey!

Main Menu

A question

Started by Mudcat, February 01, 2012, 06:43:21 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Mudcat

Have no idea where to ask this as it is a nightmare to navigate this board. But I have been asked a few times by our friends to the west in IL. if the Appleseed counts for marksmanship instruction for a Florida concealed carry license? By going over the required coverage I see no reason why it would not.I do believe it counts for WI now so why not add FL. to the coverage if we can.  I believe this could help boost some numbers if it did.

Yes I know it does not belong here and if it must be moved just someone tell me what the answer is. 
"A free people ought not only to be armed and disciplined but they should have sufficient arms and ammunition to maintain a status of independence from any who might attempt to abuse them, which would include their own government."
--George Washington

Bill 3

I don't think it's been addressed.  If it has, I would think the best to ask are the Florida crew.  Maybe start with a message to PHenry or itsansks.
"I have never let my schooling interfere with my education." - Samuel Clemens
"...that any man who yields up his liberty, in however slight the measure, is bound to become a slave." -- H.L. Mencken
"All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."
"...we have the choice to pursue, in the course of our life, one of two sets of principles - either the principles of power and privilege or the principles of truth and justice. If you pursue truth and justice it will always mean a diminution of your power and privilege. If you pursue power and privilege it will always be at the expense of truth and justice."
The forum is but a blank slate that records what we type.  If it sucks, why is that?  Anyone have an extra mirror for people?

2 clicks low

In addition to AS, I'm an NRA instructor and add in Florida CCW with any class I give. Last summer 10 of 15 students asked for one.

Chapter 790 lists :
A notarized statement from a club, organization or school or certified instructor.
A photo copy of discharge
A photocopy of a cert. bearing the name of the org, school with the instructors (NRA, State) name and # with signature.
A hunter safety card (any state)
NRA Competitors card
Any NRA training Cert.

They list State & NRA as instructors. I do not know if they would accept AS credentials. You might want to call them at 850 488 5381. Attached is the certificate form I use. If they will accept AS, just change the Logo and replace NRA with Appleseed (or RWVA).

I will be happy to give a cert to anyone who comes to an AS where I'm instructing.

2cl

PS I will be at Waterman this weekend. There are a few spots left on the line.

"Semper Fritos" 1st. Chicago Chairborne

AuntieBellum

Just as an FYI to help clear up WI carry regulations (I'm not a lawyer, yada yada), Indiana LTCH's are now on Wisconsin's reciprocity list.  http://www.doj.state.wi.us/dles/cib/ConcealedCarry/reciprocity.asp  Note that in WI it is a CCW license and not an LTCH.

Also, non-Wisconsin residents may not apply for a WI carry license: see page 23.
"Nothing is as strong as the heart of a volunteer."
-Lt. Colonel James Harold "Jimmy" Doolittle, US Army Air Corps, 1942

"You smell like Appleseed." - Rimshot