News:

We need volunteers in sales, marketing, PR, IT, and general "running of an organization." 
Maximize your Appleseed energy to make this program grow, and help fill the empty spots
on the firing line!  An hour of time spent at this level can have the impact of ten or a
hundred hours on the firing line.  Want to help? Send a PM to Monkey!

Main Menu

Is anyone planning to support Starbucks on Feb. 14th?

Started by Cowboy Accountant, January 31, 2012, 01:26:55 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Cowboy Accountant

Apparently the National Gun Victim's Action Council is calling for a boycott of Starbucks in protest of their support of their customers' open-carrry  rights.  I don't even like Starbucks, but I think I will go and have a few cups while wearing a 2nd amendment shirt.  Anyone in Northern California interested is making a statement by supporting Starbucks on that day?  Here is a link to info about the boycott.

http://www.brandchannel.com/home/post/2012/01/30/Starbucks-Gun-Protest-013012.aspx

NhLibertas

Well I'm in New Hampshire, and will certainly be supporting the day here. We have a pretty large contingent of folks going to show solidarity, and I would encourage everyone else to do some as well. A right not exercised is a right lost (LEGAL right that is, not natural right) and I am impressed with Starbucks for holding their ground on this one.

You could even wear one of these shirts:) http://willthethrill.net/i-love-guns-and-coffee-t-shirt-awesome/
"Liberty is not a cruise ship full of pampered passengers. Liberty is a man-of-war, and we are all crew." ~ Kenneth W. Royce

Eternal vigilance is the price of liberty. – Thomas Jefferson

Courage is almost a contradiction in terms. It means a strong desire to live, taking the form of readiness to die. - G.K. Chesterton

LaneArein

slim

Make sure while you're doing this you STAY ON MISSION and pass out some Appleseed literature.

Perfect way to answer all those, "Why do you have a gun?" questions.

NhLibertas

Great point slim, and an awesome target market in that audience.

How can I get a hold of a stack of the nice tri fold color brochures? Those would be great to pass out when discussing Appleseed.
"Liberty is not a cruise ship full of pampered passengers. Liberty is a man-of-war, and we are all crew." ~ Kenneth W. Royce

Courage is almost a contradiction in terms. It means a strong desire to live, taking the form of readiness to die. - G.K. Chesterton

2 clicks low

Talk to your favorite Shoot Boss. I'm sure he would have a big stack for you. So would your State Cordinator and/or promotions cordinator.
2cl

Quote from: nhlibertas on January 31, 2012, 10:58:38 AM
Great point slim, and an awesome target market in that audience.

How can I get a hold of a stack of the nice tri fold color brochures? Those would be great to pass out when discussing Appleseed.
"Semper Fritos" 1st. Chicago Chairborne

TaosGlock

nh, your local Shoot Boss should have tri folds.
I agree with slim.
Wear your Appleseed t-shirt or if you are a RI better yet to wear a polo  and look neatly dressed/professional to 7th step the customers.
I have found folks very receptive to open carry. If Starbuck's has a local bulletin board, which is usually by one of the tables, ask the manager if you can put up a poster and hand out tri folds.
One or all of these means lots of possibilities, which means lots of opportunities to fill lines.
89 fantastic Appleseeds since 2008/24 Libertyseeds!
Adventure Camp Director/Current Lead Rifle Instructor: NRA WC Raton,NM
New Mexico's first Rifleman: Sept. 2008 NRAWC
Their walls are filled with cannonballs, their motto is don't tread on me-Grateful Dead
Liberty is not a cruise ship full of pampered passengers. It is a man of war and we are all crew-Boston T. Party
"Make no mistake, when you cheer for the people of the American Revolution, you are cheering for traitors and criminals.
They broke the law, because liberty is always illegal"- Larken Rose

NhLibertas

Thanks for the replies folks! I will get a hold of some.

The Wolfhound

I do not care for Starbucks coffee.  I support their stance and WILL buy coffee from them that day.  In my state, by choice, that will be an "open carry" purchase.

Cowboy Accountant

If anyone wants to meet up for coffee and then head over to one of the Bay Area ranges to shoot let me know.  I'm game.

Charles McKinley

I'm going.  I need to see where the closest one even is to me.  I will have the girls in their AS shirts.
Last evening, it occurred to me that when a defender of Liberty is called home, their load lands upon the shoulders of the defenders left behind. Just as the Founders did their duty for Liberty, every subsequent generation must continue their work lest Liberty perish. As there is no way for the remaining adults to take on the work of those that die, we must pass the ideals and duties on to the children. -PHenery

slim

Quote from: The Wolfhound on January 31, 2012, 02:07:13 PMI do not care for Starbucks coffee.
You can always get a $3 bottle of water and some $2 gum!

Johnnyappleseed

feb 14 2012 is big on Cal-guns
Many have posted their support for Starbucks.

Thanx for all the good idea's regarding doing 7th step work using the trifolds.

Taosglock ,I like the idea you suggested about dressing with AS polos ,and presenting yourself with a proffession appearance O0

Younger people and ladies always look great in AS Tee's too
One very successful SC told me "I only have one shirt" I have several of them but the only shirt's I wear are Appleseed ,every day.

See you all at Statbucks Tuesday Febuary 14th
Nothing in the world can take the place of Persistence. Talent will not; nothing is more common than unsuccessful men with talent. Genius will not; unrewarded genius is almost a proverb. Education will not; the world is full of educated derelicts. Persistence and determination alone are omnipotent. The slogan 'Press On' has solved and always will solve the problems of the human race.
Calvin Coolidge

Smidge

I will be at my local Starbucks with my AS tee on.

Foppish Dandy

I'll be making sure to support Starbucks that day... Open carry may now be illegal in California, but at least I can make a small personal statement.
Foppish Dandy, Mr. Dandy, Señor Dandy, Capt'n Dandy

Please take a moment to visit and "Like" the Southern California Project Appleseed Facebook Page.

"They who can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety, deserve neither liberty nor safety."
- Benjamin Franklin (Notes for a proposition at the Pennsylvania Assembly, 1775)

"If ye love wealth better than liberty, the tranquility of servitude than the animated contest of freedom — go home from us in peace. We ask not your counsels or arms. Crouch down and lick the hands which feed you. May your chains sit lightly upon you, and may posterity forget that you were our countrymen!"
- Samuel Adams (Speech, State House of Pennsylvania, Philadelphia, August 1, 1776)

SavageShootr

went to starbucks and spent 7 bucks and left a 1 dollar tip. :)
"Listen to everyone, read everything, and don't believe anything unless you can prove it."' B.C.
"It isn't like it is life or death...it is more important than that." MrPete

Sly223

There was another thread somewhere about this,
and I replied that I had gone announced I was exercising my second amendment rights,
and wanted to place an order in the safest establishment in all of Lee county,Fl.
When i got to the counter i had realized this was my first time in a Starbucks,(Fourbucks).
So I viewed the 300 possible coffee choices and ordered a bottled water.$2 exactly.
I wonder without the yuppies,looters and Wiifi leaches maybe they did good yesterday. I bet they were not robbed anywhere!
"Smoakin'2" IBC11/12
"Plattka 3-12"(IBC)FL
What have you done for this program lately?
IBC-Tampa 8,'10
RBC-"Myakka12'10"RCR
C-1, Do-1, Teach many!
"Run all you want, you'll just die tired"!
There is U.S. & there is Dems!

Johnnyappleseed

Sly ,it is possible customers were robbed in cali (while at starbucks) as the cali assembly/senate passed a bill outlawing unloaded open carry .

This bill was signed into law by supposedly progun gov.jerry Brown.
The area's where concealed carry is most needed it's illegal as well .

Starbucks policy is to follow whatever the state law is . we are pleased that some states the 2A community votes in a manner to further the cause of liberty .
Nothing in the world can take the place of Persistence. Talent will not; nothing is more common than unsuccessful men with talent. Genius will not; unrewarded genius is almost a proverb. Education will not; the world is full of educated derelicts. Persistence and determination alone are omnipotent. The slogan 'Press On' has solved and always will solve the problems of the human race.
Calvin Coolidge

George Hacker

Quote from: Johnnyappleseed on February 15, 2012, 01:28:41 PM
Sly ,it is possible customers were robbed in cali (while at starbucks) as the cali assembly/senate passed a bill outlawing unloaded open carry .

This bill was signed into law by supposedly progun gov.jerry Brown.
The area's where concealed carry is most needed it's illegal as well .

Starbucks policy is to follow whatever the state law is . we are pleased that some states the 2A community votes in a manner to further the cause of liberty .
Johnny AS,

In Washington 2A rights are restricted on university campuses.  In protest students and others interested in 2A freedom openly wear empty holsters to show their commitment to the 2A and still comply with the law.  Perhaps that can be a way to legally make a statement in California.

- ShadowMan
Tell your Pacific Northwest facebook friends to "like" and post in the Northwest Region Project Appleseed page.

"You can't miss fast enough..."  "Aim small, miss small."

SavageShootr

Shadowman.

Great idea. I wonder if SWAT would be called....
"Listen to everyone, read everything, and don't believe anything unless you can prove it."' B.C.
"It isn't like it is life or death...it is more important than that." MrPete

passinthru

I supported Starbucks yesterday.  Told the barista that the anti-gunners had called for a boycott, she was unaware of it.  I even bought a 'foo-foo' coffee instead of my normal black.
I predict future happiness for Americans if they can prevent the government from wasting the labors of the people under the pretense of taking care of them.
Thomas Jefferson
I tremble for my country when I reflect that God is just; that his justice cannot sleep forever.
Thomas Jefferson

Johnnyappleseed

Quote from: SavageShootr on February 15, 2012, 02:04:44 PM
Shadowman.

probably not swat ,although with Kamela Harris as AG in cali ,it would not be imposible !
A gun rights lawyer spoke before our club . He siad harris is the most anti gun AG in cali history . .

If Im not mistaken she favored police oficers in  San Fran leave their duty guns at the station ,when they are off duty .
This policy may have been law for a while ,I forget the details :(
Calvin Coolidge

Johnnyappleseed

Quote from: passinthru on February 15, 2012, 04:01:26 PM
I supported Starbucks yesterday.  Told the barista that the anti-gunners had called for a boycott, she was unaware of it.  I even bought a 'foo-foo' coffee instead of my normal black.

Same here Steve O0
We wrote down www.calguns.net and recommended by "wolfmansdad" for them to prove the boycot was in fact true.
The starbucks employee's we talked to were politly skepical ,hence the website .

Hopefully the bradys vpc and others will do more boycots O0
The 2a community when motivated can further discredit these water carriers for international law
Calvin Coolidge

Kaylee

Johnnyappleseed

Quote from: Kaylee on February 16, 2012, 03:06:54 PM
Nice!

We went here that day -

Great book "The Founder's Second Amendment" Stephen P Hallbrook
We use portions of the book to illustrate a few points
Calvin Coolidge