News:

We need volunteers in sales, marketing, PR, IT, and general "running of an organization." 
Maximize your Appleseed energy to make this program grow, and help fill the empty spots
on the firing line!  An hour of time spent at this level can have the impact of ten or a
hundred hours on the firing line.  Want to help? Send a PM to Monkey!

Main Menu

AAR Lebanon, CT 1/28-29/2012

Started by vernic82, January 30, 2012, 08:15:47 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

vernic82

12 registered shooters (10 of them FREE), with only 2 Paid and 3 FREE showing up to kick off CT's year produced no new Riflemen, produced better shooters of those that showed up!

How the days played out:

Day 1:

As the 3 shooters who showed up out of the 12 registered and these 3 could only make it 1 day, vernic82 made the decision to run Saturday as a 1-day Appleseed so they would get the full benefit of the program.  So, we began with the Safety Briefing then a red coat.  Then we jumped right into teaching how to build a solid prone position and sling usage. Forging ahead we continued with the 6 Steps, Steady Hold Factors, NPOA, Ball and Dummy and IMC, with each spaced in between sighter groups.  vernic82 tackled the POI's for the 3 shooters who showed-up.  During lunch vernic82 gave us the First Strikes and then we started the afternoon with standing and sitting positions and safe transitions.  Then went into talking targets, The Rifleman's Dance,  a trigger drill and a cadence drill as well as a few more sighter groups.  After which we posted 6 AQTs in the afternoon, broken up by KD, a full day indeed!  The day ended with us cleaning up & hearing vernic82 deliver the Second & Third Strikes followed by The Benediction with a reminder to all to stretch, take a hot bath and some Ibuprofen when they get home and to bring another person to their next Appleseed.

Day 2:

We began with the Safety Briefing then a red coat.  CaptMac reiterated the Lessons Learned on Day 1 to the Day 2 folks - the 2 who showed up the only paid shooters (out of the 12 registered) had attended earlier CT Appleseeds.  We tuned up with a few sighter groups, then worked on time drills to shake the rust off.  During Lunch CaptMac walked us through DOM.  The remainder of the afternoon saw the RFAQT Grind and some work on time and groups tossed in - which did not produced a Rifleman - it did get us one of them to 205 - had there been more daylight I think Rich would've made it!

Some highlights:

Returning Appleseeders Derrik F. and rich C. - good to see you again!

First time AS'er Ryan hitting 194 during the 1-Day - I think you would have earned a patch on Sunday!

A big thanks goes to Bozrah Rod & Gun Club, our hosts Club President Bill who cooked up a delicious lunch!

Please post your pictures and comments!

Yours in Liberty,

vernic82
"To be ignorant of what occurred before you were born is to remain always a child. For what is the worth of human life, unless it is woven into the life of our ancestors by the records of history?"
― Marcus Tullius Cicero

"You are not entitled to your opinion. You are entitled to your informed opinion. No one is entitled to be ignorant."
~ Harlan Ellison

"Yeah well, that's just, ya know, like, your opinion, man."
- The Dude

rcollette

I wonder if I would have shot better on the iron sights if I didn't keep both eyes open?   Still, I was very happy with the steady progression I've made over the course of these events.

vernic82

Rich - I WILL get you over that 210 line one of these days very soon my friend!

Glad to see you back - And Chaplin's coming up on March, 24-25, see you there?.

Quote from: rcollette on February 01, 2012, 07:33:19 PM
I wonder if I would have shot better on the iron sights if I didn't keep both eyes open?   Still, I was very happy with the steady progression I've made over the course of these events.
"To be ignorant of what occurred before you were born is to remain always a child. For what is the worth of human life, unless it is woven into the life of our ancestors by the records of history?"
― Marcus Tullius Cicero

"You are not entitled to your opinion. You are entitled to your informed opinion. No one is entitled to be ignorant."
~ Harlan Ellison

"Yeah well, that's just, ya know, like, your opinion, man."
- The Dude