News:

We need volunteers in sales, marketing, PR, IT, and general "running of an organization." 
Maximize your Appleseed energy to make this program grow, and help fill the empty spots
on the firing line!  An hour of time spent at this level can have the impact of ten or a
hundred hours on the firing line.  Want to help? Send a PM to Monkey!

Main Menu

Montana macro seed

Started by Mark Davis, January 28, 2012, 10:09:48 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Mark Davis

Met an enthusatic man recently who was intrested in appleseed. His schedule and commitments were tight so I invited him out to the range. Called several people around here with but none could free up today one 4 days notice. So we did a one on one appleseed today.
Weather was cold and breezy, no sign of the sun was visable in cloudy skies all day.
He cleaned the 1,2and 300 yard redcoats along with a hit on the shingle.
He was a bit rusty on prone and sitting but soon it became clear that he already possesed most of the skills of a rifleman.
So I focused on the natural point of aim, six steps and follow through just like a regular appleseed.
For lunch we sat around a fire pit and roasted johnsonville sausages while I told all three strikes.
He shot an AQT and suffered from difficulty in vision, and natural point of aim not coinciding with the center of the target.
Back at the fire it was dangerous old men with with a reminder  covering natural poit of aim.
He borrowed a scoped rifle and the next AQT despite two unfired rounds in sitting fired 231.

Fred

"Ready to eat dirt and sweat bore solvent?" - Ask me how to become an RWVA volunteer!

"...but he that stands it now, deserves the thanks of man and woman alike..."   Paine

"If you can read this without a silly British accent, thank a Revolutionary War veteran" - Anon.

"We have it in our power to begin the world over again" - Thomas Paine

What about it, do-nothings? You heard the man, jump on in...

Necee

Mark Davis

Guess I left everybody speechless....or typeless.

Necee

haha!  Both!  Good job- sorry we're not so close anymore to be able to join in on all the fun! 

George Hacker

Well done, Mark.  Glad to see your shooter perform so well.  Hopefully the history hit home as well.

By the way, shouldn't this be a "micro seed" instead of a "macro seed"? ;)

- ShadowMan
Tell your Pacific Northwest facebook friends to "like" and post in the Northwest Region Project Appleseed page.

"You can't miss fast enough..."  "Aim small, miss small."

boscohurn

Very nice job, congratulations  O0

Reformed Redneck

Way to go Mark! Congratulations to your student/shooter.

RR
Larry
I'll keep my faith, my family, my church, my liberty, my property, my money...oh, and my guns. You can keep the chains.

"...Of Zebulon, such as went forth to battle, expert in war, with all instruments of war...which could keep rank: they were not of double heart..."

Mark Davis

Quote from: ShadowMan on January 30, 2012, 04:10:40 AM
Well done, Mark.  Glad to see your shooter perform so well.  Hopefully the history hit home as well.

By the way, shouldn't this be a "micro seed" instead of a "macro seed"? ;)

- ShadowMan
It was defintely a macro seed. With just one shooter I was on him all day. He never got the chance to hear about some else forgetting to follow through.