News:

We need volunteers in sales, marketing, PR, IT, and general "running of an organization." 
Maximize your Appleseed energy to make this program grow, and help fill the empty spots
on the firing line!  An hour of time spent at this level can have the impact of ten or a
hundred hours on the firing line.  Want to help? Send a PM to Monkey!

Main Menu

Alaska Appleseed

Started by mary, January 27, 2012, 02:46:41 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

mary

It seems like some Appleseed events are scheduled in Alaska but there is not a place to sign up for them. Can you let me know how to get signed up? I wanted to get a jump on this so I can get time off from work.
Thank you
Mary Downs-Last

Kaylee

Hi Mary!

Are you signing up for the April 21-22 Appleseed?

George Hacker

Quote from: mary on January 27, 2012, 02:46:41 AM
It seems like some Appleseed events are scheduled in Alaska but there is not a place to sign up for them. Can you let me know how to get signed up? I wanted to get a jump on this so I can get time off from work.
Thank you
Mary Downs-Last
Mary,

I don't see any shoots on the 2012 schedule at this time.  I suspect they will appear on the calendar soon as bob210 gets the range lined up and enlists some help to run the shoots.

The following link is where you would go to sign up for events in Alaska:

http://appleseedinfo.org/search-states.php?filter=AK&statename=Alaska.

Keep an eye out for new events as they appear on the schedule.

- ShadowMan
Tell your Pacific Northwest facebook friends to "like" and post in the Northwest Region Project Appleseed page.

"You can't miss fast enough..."  "Aim small, miss small."

PHenry

Sometime in late March / early April, Florida's loss will be Alaska's gain, as ItsanSKS will be moving to Alaska. ItsanSKS is a force to be reckoned with when it comes to getting events on the schedule.  ~~:)

Perhaps a little tear for our loss before the Huzaahs begin though.  :'(
Para ser Libre, un Hombre debe tener tres cosas. La Tierra, una Educacion, y un Fusil. Siempre, un Fusil!  Emiliano Zapata

Rafn

Having a resident red hat will definitely help.  Having benefited from his instruction, Florida is losing an asset.

PHenry

Florida has lost many such assets, but then "loss" is a relative term in the grander scheme. What Florida loses, Lady Liberty gains. It is the very essence of Appleseeds - to pass on the traditions to the next generation, or in this case, the next state.

Besides, I still hold out some hope that one Alaska winter will send him running back to sunny Florida.  :bow:

He's pretty tough, so not likely, but hey, hope springs eternal. In the mean time, I will have to just be happy for ya'll.

In Liberty,
PHenry
Para ser Libre, un Hombre debe tener tres cosas. La Tierra, una Educacion, y un Fusil. Siempre, un Fusil!  Emiliano Zapata

SavageShootr

Hi Mary!

Thank you for your interest in coming to an Appleseed. Weren't you there in October? If so, glad to see you want to come back!

The dates will be posted in the next few days. You can make your plans then sign up.

They are April 21-22, June 23-24, August 25-26, October 20-21.   
"Listen to everyone, read everything, and don't believe anything unless you can prove it."' B.C.
"It isn't like it is life or death...it is more important than that." MrPete

fisherdawg

Savage,
Please let me know if there's anything I can do for you or Bob210 in getting things promoted for the Alaska Appleseed 2012.  I plan to attend all 4 and bring friends!  It's really cool ItsanSKS is moving up here.
fisherdawg aka Wally T.
If men were angels, no government would be necessary. If angels were to govern men, neither external nor internal controls on government would be necessary. (James Madison)

"Young man, what we meant in going for those Redcoats was this: we always had governed ourselves and we always meant to. They didn't mean we should."
(Captain Levi Preston, of the Danvers militia, at age 91, remembering the day)

That it is an indispensable duty which we owe to God, our country, ourselves and posterity, by all lawful ways and means in our power to maintain, defend and preserve those civil and religious rights and liberties, for which many of our fathers fought, bled and died, and to hand them down entire to future generations.  Suffolk Resolves, September 9, 1774, attributed to Dr. Joseph Warren

Camljr

Quote from: PHenry on January 27, 2012, 01:07:32 PM
Sometime in late March / early April, Florida's loss will be Alaska's gain, as ItsanSKS will be moving to Alaska. ItsanSKS is a force to be reckoned with when it comes to getting events on the schedule.  ~~:)

Perhaps a little tear for our loss before the Huzaahs begin though.  :'(

It appears that one of our best instructors, MrPete, will soon be moving to Florida to take a new job...

Florida is lucky to have such a dedicated, strong, and amazing Instructor coming into their state to help instruct.

Looks like Florida is doing fine...   ~~:)

96 SHOOTS SO FAR!

WSMR Instructor 03/10  -  SAPPER STEEL!

�The real man smiles in trouble, gathers strength from distress, and grows brave by reflection�   Thomas Paine

Proverbs 22:3  -  A prudent person foresees danger and takes precautions. The simpleton goes blindly on and suffers the consequences.

"Far better is it to dare mighty things, to win glorious triumphs, even when checkered by failure... than to rank with those poor spirits who neither enjoy, nor suffer much, because they live in a gray twilight that knows not victory or defeat".
Theodore Roosevelt

Mooseneck

Hey Savage, et al.,
If y'all find you need some help with anything for this weekend (21-22 April), don't hesitate to let me know. I can ferry stuff from the airport, or whatever. I'm signed up again, and can't wait. I was at the range yesterday testing some new reloads, and the good news is that there is a very good chance that the snow will be completely gone by the weekend (except some shady spots here and there). All of the shooting lanes are just about clear of snow and are even drying up a bit. There is, however, a slight chance of snow on Sunday, (well, even Saturday, but it is very low), so y'all may be able to hand out some "snowflake" patches. Otherwise, the weather has finally decided to be spring-like, with highs during the day in the 40s to low 50s (a bit cooler out in Birchwood), nights in the upper 20s to upper 30s, depending on where you are. We're all looking forward to another great shoot. Again, don't hesitate to drop me a line (email me at bob ourso at yahoo . com, and get rid of the spaces). I think I gave y'all my card as well, so call me if needed (or text on my cell). See ya Saturday!
Bob "Mooseneck" Ourso
"The large print giveth, and the small print taketh away."

bob 210

Hi Bob! I'm glad to hear you will be attending again! If you have any extras, loaner rifles and slings would probably be the only items we could always use more of.....and maybe a Rifleman score so that we can get an Orange hat on your head as soon as possible! Lookin' forward to seein' you at this weekend's event.
If ye love wealth better than liberty,the tranquility of servitude better than the animating contest of freedom,go home from us.We ask not your counsels or arms.Crouch down and lick the hands which feed you.May your chains set lightly upon you and may posterity forget that ye were our countrymen. SA

Mooseneck

Hey Bob 210,
I just posted on another thread that I'll bring a couple extra 10/22s, one with a Hogue stock and modified trigger, the other a standard carbine, both with Tech Sights and both with slings. Oh, and mags as well. I have a truck, so if you need anything hauled, let me know...See you there...Bob "Mooseneck" Ourso
"The large print giveth, and the small print taketh away."

fisherdawg

Mooseneck,
It was a great weekend shooting with you.  Thank you for letting me try your very nice 10/22.  Unfortunately, the guy behind the trigger (me)  :'( just wasn't as good as the Rifle!  See ya soon 7 stay in touch.
fisherdawg aka Wally Thomas
If men were angels, no government would be necessary. If angels were to govern men, neither external nor internal controls on government would be necessary. (James Madison)

"Young man, what we meant in going for those Redcoats was this: we always had governed ourselves and we always meant to. They didn't mean we should."
(Captain Levi Preston, of the Danvers militia, at age 91, remembering the day)

That it is an indispensable duty which we owe to God, our country, ourselves and posterity, by all lawful ways and means in our power to maintain, defend and preserve those civil and religious rights and liberties, for which many of our fathers fought, bled and died, and to hand them down entire to future generations.  Suffolk Resolves, September 9, 1774, attributed to Dr. Joseph Warren

bob 210

OK folks, only 6 spots left for the June 23-24 Chugiak, AK Appleseed event, so if you want to get a spot on the line you better pre-register right away! The link to pre-reg is:  http://www.eventbrite.com/event/2874580949%20%20%20%20%20
If ye love wealth better than liberty,the tranquility of servitude better than the animating contest of freedom,go home from us.We ask not your counsels or arms.Crouch down and lick the hands which feed you.May your chains set lightly upon you and may posterity forget that ye were our countrymen. SA

PHenry

ItsanSKS is headed your way. Our loss is your gain.