News:

We need volunteers in sales, marketing, PR, IT, and general "running of an organization." 
Maximize your Appleseed energy to make this program grow, and help fill the empty spots
on the firing line!  An hour of time spent at this level can have the impact of ten or a
hundred hours on the firing line.  Want to help? Send a PM to Monkey!

Main Menu

BIG ANNOUNCEMENT! Set your DVRs!!!

Started by The Log, January 25, 2012, 08:22:54 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

The Log

Hey friends of CT Appleseed --

In case you haven't heard, our very own Fred (the telegenic) scored a major coup today with CT NBC News. He was contacted by Jason Hawkins, a reporter that does lifestyle reporting, for an interview about Appleseed for a "Things to do this weekend" story. Fred and CaptMac quickly sprang into action and hosted a mini-Seed for the reporter and a photographer today at Bozrah R&G, and the report is that it went swimmingly! Check out the IAAR: http://appleseedinfo.org/smf/index.php?topic=27437.0

The segment will air on WVIT near the end of the 11:00AM and 5:00PM newscasts on Friday, then again on Saturday during the morning news, which appears to air at 6:00AM and 9:00AM. It'll also be posted on the station's web site, probably in the This Weekend section. Look for a 3-5 minute segment with Fred's smiling face!

Spread the news far and wide - we want as many eyeballs on this as possible. I'll be posting this on my personal Facebook page in a minute, as well as on the CT Appleseed page. Be sure to tell your friends and family, especially those fence-sitters that have never been to an Appleseed before. If Fred can't drag them in, nobody can!

</log>
"The future belongs to those that show up." - hawkhavn

The Log

It's on the air, it's on the web, and it's better than we dared hope for!

http://www.nbcconnecticut.com/video/#!/on-air/as-seen-on/This-Weekend--Project-Appleseed/138201644

If you want to see how a former tugboat captain calls the line, give it a whirl.

And HUGE thanks to Vernic82 and CaptMac for stepping up to make this happen! We've already had three new registrations for Lebanon this weekend. Way to go, boys!!

</log>
"The future belongs to those that show up." - hawkhavn

bob 210

Great Job! Way to get those promotions rolling out!
If ye love wealth better than liberty,the tranquility of servitude better than the animating contest of freedom,go home from us.We ask not your counsels or arms.Crouch down and lick the hands which feed you.May your chains set lightly upon you and may posterity forget that ye were our countrymen. SA

techres

Appleseed: Bringing the Past into the Present to save our Future.

colycat

For some reason it quit on me.  But it sure looked like a friendly report.  Great job guys ^:)^
"These are the times that try men's souls. The summer soldier and the sunshine patriot will, in this crisis, shrink from the service of their country; but he that stands it now, deserves the love and thanks of man and woman. Tyranny, like hell, is not easily conquered; yet we have this consolation with us, that the harder the conflict, the more glorious the triumph. What we obtain too cheap, we esteem too lightly: it is dearness only that gives everything its value."   T Paine

CharlieHotel

Major news network! Great Job Guys! :bow:

CH
"A good plan executed perfectly is better than a perfect plan executed poorly"

"As steel sharpens steel, so one man sharpens another"

"It's not the dope 'ON' the rifle, but the one behind it!" - Unknown PMI, Parris Island, SC 1984

So speak and so act as those who will be judged by the law of Liberty.
For Judgement comes without mercy for those who have shown no mercy, Mercy shall triumph over judgement.
James 2:12-13

Two Wolves

Way to go guys! :)

~ Two Wolves
A moral compass provides a basis for making decisions; an action is good or bad, right or wrong when viewed in the light of the individual's moral bearing. If no moral compass exists for the individual, then decisions and actions are made on the basis of purely subjective thoughts. This leads to "If it makes me happy, or makes me feel good, or if it's something I simply want to do, then it is right and good."

hangfire

BeSwift

Absolute HOME RUN guys... that's the best press I've seen yet on the program... BeSwift
"The purpose of life is not to be happy. It is to be useful, to be honorable, to be compassionate, to have it make some difference that you have lived and lived well"
Ralph Waldo Emerson

Happiness =  Reality - Expectations

oladcock

"The price good men pay for indifference to public affairs is to be ruled by evil men." Plato 400BC

President Roswell Gun Club
AQT 246
WSMR 03-10 ... Sapper Steel
IBC 2018
KD Ft. Bliss Tx. 214  2019
IBC 2021

Roswell, NM
Carlsbad NM
El Paso Tx
Lubbock Tx
New Deal Tx
Levelland Tx
Alamogordo NM
Alburquerque NM
41 Lead Farm Tx

nyrasgt

Outstanding job; will have to have ADOM figure out a way of  stealing - uh, otherwise acquiring the video for gunshow table use...
    That said, per comments above, video does stop at "given a test to shoot 40 targets in 4 minutes..."  Reporter at least must have finished his sentence, or completed talking about AQT and The Patch?
Excelsior,
madMark
"Aim for a high mark and you will hit it.  No, not the first time, nor the second, and maybe not the third. But keep on aiming and keep on shooting,
for only practice will make you perfect.
Finally, you will hit the bulls-eye of success."
-Annie Oakley Butler
A Rifleman Persists
"Nemo me impune lacessit."  Montresor, via E. A. Poe, 1846

dragonfly

www.facebook.com/WIAppleseed

K.I.S.S.
Lead, Follow or Get out of the way - Thomas Paine
Did you talk to someone new about APPLESEED today ?
The United States Constitution.

TruTenacity

Quote from: The Log on January 25, 2012, 08:22:54 PM

Spread the news far and wide - we want as many eyeballs on this as possible. I'll be posting this on my personal Facebook page in a minute, as well as on the CT Appleseed page. Be sure to tell your friends and family, especially those fence-sitters that have never been to an Appleseed before. If Fred can't drag them in, nobody can!

Every AS FB page should go to the CT FB page and "reshare" the link. 
"We are fighting for our country, for posterity perhaps.  On the success of this campaign the happiness or misery of millions may depend."  Henry Knox

"Let us not be weary in well doing: for in due season we shall reap if we faint not."  Galatians 6:9

Unbridled Liberty

For Liberty, each Freeman Strives
As its a Gift of God
And for it willing yield their Lives
And Seal it with their Blood

Thrice happy they who thus resign
Into the peacefull Grave
Much better there, in Death Confin'd
Than a Surviving Slave

This Motto may adorn their Tombs,
(Let tyrants come and view)
"We rather seek these silent Rooms
Than live as Slaves to You"

Lemuel Haynes, 1775

dart67eb

Ignorance may be bliss, but it's not a virtue.

Roland

The doorway to freedom is framed by the muskets that stood between a vision of of liberty and absolute anarchy at a place called Concord Bridge--Charlton Heston, 1997

"Be a man of principle. Fight for what you believe in. Keep your word. Live with integrity. Be brave. Believe in something bigger than yourself. Serve your country. Teach. Mentor. Give something back to society. Lead from the front. Conquer your fears. Be a good friend. Be humble and be self-confident. Appreciate your friends and family. Be a leader and not a follower. Be valorous on the field of battle. And take responsibility for your actions. Never forget those that were killed. And never let rest those that killed them." -- Major Douglas Zembiec

desertrat144

Three "huzzahs" and a tip of the tricorn!  Will have to catch it after it airs, unless it make National News.
"Government exists to protect us from each other. Where government has gone beyond it's limits is in deciding to protect us from ourselves." - President Ronald Wilson Reagan