News:

We need volunteers in sales, marketing, PR, IT, and general "running of an organization." 
Maximize your Appleseed energy to make this program grow, and help fill the empty spots
on the firing line!  An hour of time spent at this level can have the impact of ten or a
hundred hours on the firing line.  Want to help? Send a PM to Monkey!

Main Menu

Maryland Needs MORE Appleseed Ranges

Started by BeSwift, January 25, 2012, 06:02:25 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

BeSwift

OK, so Appleseed has been going strong in Maryland for nearly TWO years.
With one exception (a Boy Scout camp), no other Maryland ranges have opened their doors to the Appleseed, YET... That's where YOU come in...

If you're a member of a Maryland/ NoVA/ DE or Eastern WV club, we need YOUR help to get us in the door, and guide us thru whatever hoops we need to jump thru, to make Appleseed a reality in YOUR club! Cold calling obviously isn't cutting it, and we gotta GROW this program, NOW...

Don't want to drive to Annapolis? Don't want to do a rimfire only Appleseed? Well, do something about it!. Get us in the door to YOUR club..

Drop me an email or PM, and let's get started folks.. It isn't a tough thing to do..it just takes YOUR resolve to assist in the process... We need at least 3 other clubs on board this year and more into perpetuity...

The clock is ticking...

BeSwift
"The purpose of life is not to be happy. It is to be useful, to be honorable, to be compassionate, to have it make some difference that you have lived and lived well"
Ralph Waldo Emerson

Happiness =  Reality - Expectations

NavyIrish

BeSwift,

I don't think my range will allow an Appleseed for an entire weekend.  What's the least number of lanes we could use for an Appleseed; 8-9?

R,
Navy Irish
"The man who loves his country on its own account, and not merely for its trappings of interest or power, can never be divorced for
it, can never refuse to come forward when he finds that she is engaged in dangers which he has the means of warding off." --Thomas Jefferson to Elbridge Gerry, 1797.

TomM1Thumb

BeSwift

Have You given this range a try?  http://associatedgunclubs.org/index.html

At one time I was a member of the Westinghouse Rifle and Pistol Club, We used this range, Nice place. the Westinghouse club is now-Westinghouse Electric Corp or ESSS Northrop Grumman Corp.

Use the list of Associated clubs as an in. If You think it would help I will call the current Westinghouse club President, and seventh step Him for You. PM Me if You want Me too.

TomM1Thumb
" The Constitution shall never be construed to prevent the people of the United States who are peaceable citizens from keeping their own arms. €�  - Alexander Hamilton
"The strongest reason for the people to retain the right to keep and bear arms is, as a last resort, to protect themselves against tyranny in government."    -- Thomas Jefferson

" The Beauty of The Second Amendment is that it will not be needed until they try to take it"
Thomas Jefferson

Arms discourage and keep the invader and plunderer in awe, and preserve order in the world as well as property... Horrid mischief would ensue were the law-abiding deprived of the use of them.

Thomas Paine

BeSwift

Sending PM's to both of you..
The rest of y'all, keep em coming....  BeSwift
"The purpose of life is not to be happy. It is to be useful, to be honorable, to be compassionate, to have it make some difference that you have lived and lived well"
Ralph Waldo Emerson

Happiness =  Reality - Expectations

WhyWon

I have a corporate membership at Blue Ridge Arsenal in Chantilly, VA. They have 24 indoor 25-yard lanes, half for rifle and half for pistol. But they are usually packed during the weekends, so I doubt they'd donate the range time for a whole weekend.

I presume we've approached OnTarget in Annapolis Junction already?

NRA Patron • GOA Life • SAF Life • MSI Life • VCDL • RWVA
A well regulated militia, being necessary to the security of a free State, the right of the people to keep and bear arms shall not be infringed.
Ramseur, 2-12 !