News:

We need volunteers in sales, marketing, PR, IT, and general "running of an organization." 
Maximize your Appleseed energy to make this program grow, and help fill the empty spots
on the firing line!  An hour of time spent at this level can have the impact of ten or a
hundred hours on the firing line.  Want to help? Send a PM to Monkey!

Main Menu

Attending a Buckeye, AZ Appleseed from out of town?

Started by azmule, January 19, 2012, 02:58:18 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

azmule

And need a place to stay?

I just heard from the manager of the Best Western PLUS Phoenix Goodyear Inn on 55 N. Litchfield Rd. in Goodyear.  He's offering us a special Project Appleseed rate of $84.00 per night, a substantial discount from their usual $119 rate.  He said to just ask for the Project Appleseed rate when calling to reserve, or when checking in without a reservation.
Talk is cheap because the supply exceeds the demand.

Do or do not - there is no "try."'  -Yoda

Indecision

Phoenix Goodyear Inn, huh? Do I get to sleep in a gigantic tire? Because that would be awesome. Like this, but with tires...

PaxxAZ

Sadly, no :'(

However, All in all not a terrible place to be. I am kind of becoming partial to sleeping in the car or in the desert. But that is do to things that hotel owners have little control of, Bed Bugs. I am wondering if there is a Camp Ground in the area...I just like having a shower in the morning...I never really wake up with out a shower. 
There are many things talked about that make the people of the US
different; being riflemen is one, asking why is another, as is getting
what needs doing done.

-Me 2011

Indecision

I have a buddy that lives in the area, I'll probably crash with him. If not, I'll probably look for someone to share a room with. Being a cripple makes it a pita to go camping and use communal showers and stuff. Now if I wasn't gonna bother bathing it wouldn't matter. Wet wipe baths for the win.

azmule

The nearest "kitchy" motel I can think of is the Space Age lodge in Gila Bend about 25 miles South of the range - its the one  with the big flying saucer on the roof.  I've never stayed there but I often stop for dinner at the diner there on my way home Sunday night.  Great food and lots of it.

There is primitive camping to the Northwest of the range - on the same drive that leads to the range entrance, if you continue West past the range entrance, continue past the entrance to the police range a little further in, the road then turns North and loops through the desert with pullouts for camping.  No showers (communal or otherwise), power or water - I think there may be some outhouses but I'm not sure.  I know many Appleseeders just camp there, for me that's "plan B" after all comfy bed options have failed.
Talk is cheap because the supply exceeds the demand.

Do or do not - there is no "try."'  -Yoda

slinged_in

Indecision -

I think you'll have a great time at the Buckeye Appleseed.  I usually camp in the desert, and April is not a bad time to do it.  You get to listen to the coyotes howl at night. 

As for me....  I've started building my new home in my garage....  An 8' tear drop trailer to drag behind me.  Got the motivation after seeing one on the road at the last Appleseed, and have started construction.  No more sleeping in any common mud-hole for this cowboy!

Colton

Indecision

Quote from: slinged_in on February 11, 2012, 07:36:12 PM
Indecision -

I think you'll have a great time at the Buckeye Appleseed.  I usually camp in the desert, and April is not a bad time to do it.  You get to listen to the coyotes howl at night. 

As for me....  I've started building my new home in my garage....  An 8' tear drop trailer to drag behind me.  Got the motivation after seeing one on the road at the last Appleseed, and have started construction.  No more sleeping in any common mud-hole for this cowboy!

Colton

I'm a diva, I'll stick with a real room, lol.