News:

We need volunteers in sales, marketing, PR, IT, and general "running of an organization." 
Maximize your Appleseed energy to make this program grow, and help fill the empty spots
on the firing line!  An hour of time spent at this level can have the impact of ten or a
hundred hours on the firing line.  Want to help? Send a PM to Monkey!

Main Menu

Vermont Shoots 2012

Started by GMB74, January 10, 2012, 06:45:28 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

GMB74

The following shoots are scheduled for Proctor Fish & Game Club, Proctor VT:

April 21 & 22
June 16 & 17
August 18 & 19 (Battle of Bennington weekend)

Nickle

Working on setting Jericho up.

The contract renewal to use the facility is on it's way to my email. I'll fill it out and send it back.
They have men amongst them who know very well what they are about, having been employed as Rangers against the Indians and Canadians and this country being much covered with wood, and hilly, is very advantageous for their method of fighting. . . . ".  Lord Percy

Sounds like New Englanders to me.

Natty Bumpo

I can warm up facilities for one, possibly two KD shoots in Middlebury if staffing is available. :--- :--- :--- :---

Spartan

Nickle,
Ill look forward to Jericho!!!
JC
"With your shield or on it"

Nickle

Spartan, consider yourself the default SB for Jericho. I have a plan up my sleeve, and would love to have your help with it. The 86 IBCT XO is a friend and former Bn CO of mine, and a definite friend of Appleseed. Also the full time Bde AO. If the 3 of us met for a chat, I want to get 86 IBCT to kind of sponsor us, so we get a full day Sunday. Having an 86 IBCT rep available on site shouldn't be too hard. Worst case scenario, they "officially" run the range. That of course doesn't hinder us one bit. We seem to almost always have some troops on the line, and I think they'll tend to push that harder.

Nathan, good to hear from you. I think Middlebury would be a good place to possibly get back to. Kind of hard for 4/19, due to mud issues (unless we can fix that), but, other dates (as in no mud), definitely.
They have men amongst them who know very well what they are about, having been employed as Rangers against the Indians and Canadians and this country being much covered with wood, and hilly, is very advantageous for their method of fighting. . . . ".  Lord Percy

Spartan

Sounds great!  Mid July-Mid August (Camp Perry) is a bad time for me.  Anything else will be great!
"With your shield or on it"

Mph_VT

Just wanted to peek in and note that I am around in VT for what may be needed. I haven't really got my head together on the PCs but will do asap.

But do be early as I really want to fill my dance card this season, with Appleseed and others.

I loved Jericho, tho it might make me ache, to go there and watch people shoot.

I'm working on Hale Mountain, might be able to negotiate them down in their fees.
Whiskey Tango Foxtrot

Liberty lies in the hearts of men and women; when it dies there, no constitution, no law, no court can save it; no constitution, no law, no court can even do much to help it.

Learned Hand

Sir, the gods of the valley are not the gods of the hills, and you shall understand it.             

Ethan Allen

qubit

Quote from: GMB74

--> April 21 & 22
June 16 & 17
August 18 & 19 (Battle of Bennington weekend)

Was the April shoot just added? That's great news. I knew there was a shoot over in NH, but Proctor might be a bit closer to me.

Is there anyone coming to the shoot with loaner rifles? If I could borrow one (or perhaps two, if I can convince my girlfriend to come along) then that would be great.

Thanks!

Nickle

I think rifles can be available. You'll need to provide your own ammo, and I suggest Federal bulk pack. Seems to work OK in my rifles.

qubit

Quote from: Nickle
I think rifles can be available. You'll need to provide your own ammo, and I suggest Federal bulk pack. Seems to work OK in my rifles.

Thank you very much! I'll check at Walmart for the bulk packs.

Should I get 1-1/2 or 2 packs per person?

Nickle

Ammo doesn't go bad when properly stored, and proper storage is just a matter of keeping it clean dry and out of constant direct sunlight.

22 ammo is pretty cheap.

So, I'd recommend 2 per shooter for the event, you should have plenty left over, and some for practice.

What are your preferences for a loaner you want to use?

qubit

Quote from: Nickle on March 15, 2012, 12:25:57 PM
Ammo doesn't go bad when properly stored, and proper storage is just a matter of keeping it clean dry and out of constant direct sunlight.

22 ammo is pretty cheap.

So, I'd recommend 2 per shooter for the event, you should have plenty left over, and some for practice.

ok

Quote from: Nickle
What are your preferences for a loaner you want to use?

Whatever you think would be best? :-)

I had a little practice shooting back in scout summer camp, but that was a while ago. If the basic 22 LTR with tech sights and GI sling is the suggested configuration, then I figure something close to that configuration would be a good place to start.

That being said, you're the expert here, so if you have a couple of different rifles and would like to expound upon their different strengths and weaknesses, I am all ears!

qubit

Another quick question: Is the April 21-22 schedule for Proctor the same as for June?

Quote from: the June Eventbrite page

Schedule: Sat 8:30am-5:00pm, Sun 8:00am-4:00pm (as conditions permit)

Thanks.

(Per forum etiquette, please let me know if I should be posting these questions in a separate thread)

qubit

Quote from: GMB74 on January 10, 2012, 06:45:28 AM

April 21 & 22

What's the best way for me to register for the April event? I looked on the Appleseed Schedule for Vermont Page, but I didn't see an eventbrite link for those dates.

Thanks.

Nickle

I saw it wasn't listed on the schedule yet. It will be, and soon.

R1SGx2

Hi,
Are there flyers, I can promote at gun shows?
Asked in Saratoga are there any in Vermont,
send them to web site, would be nice to give them
piece of paper to walk away with.
Hope all is well with the Vermont Detachment.
Mark
"Eyes of the Warrior - Always open"
"What's the weather got to do with it, lets go."
"Appleseed, where good people come together to save a nation."

Nickle

Quote from: R1sgx2 on March 27, 2012, 12:21:00 PM
Hi,
Are there flyers, I can promote at gun shows?
Asked in Saratoga are there any in Vermont,
send them to web site, would be nice to give them
piece of paper to walk away with.
Hope all is well with the Vermont Detachment.
Mark

Only ones I know of are the ones for events, and they'll be posted on the event info page.