News:

We need volunteers in sales, marketing, PR, IT, and general "running of an organization." 
Maximize your Appleseed energy to make this program grow, and help fill the empty spots
on the firing line!  An hour of time spent at this level can have the impact of ten or a
hundred hours on the firing line.  Want to help? Send a PM to Monkey!

Main Menu

IBC - February 4-5

Started by dond, January 06, 2012, 04:56:15 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

dond

Tornado has just published a great post urging attendance at our IBC to be held at Wurstmacher's house in St. Joseph, IL. And we are certainly grateful to Wurstmacher for hosting the event. I want to echo Tornado's appeal. Thus far only a few instructors are preregistered, and to be most effective a much larger number should be present.

In a previous post I assigned some homework for the attendees.  ~~:)  I will repeat that assignment here since it is perhaps easier to find than the previous one. Additional homework is also being added, as alluded to earlier.  &) Please download and bring the Instructor Manual. This should have been read earlier, but a review will help. IITs will be required to do many items which are in it, such as IMC. All IITs will also be expected to do some portion of the history. It doesn't have to be an entire Strike but everyone needs to have some experience at doing this in a public setting. My history is in an appendix in the Manual, but you can prepare your own if you wish. In fact, if you would like the latest version of my history, send me your email address and I will send it to you. Furthermore, my COF is in an appendix to the IM also, but it has been revised a number of times since then. I will be glad to send you that also. It will be useful to have at the meeting. IITs should not be intimidated by having to perform these tasks. Instruction and mentoring will be provided. But some work previous to the IBC will be required in order to reap the full benefit from it.

If we have as many attendees as hoped for, we will split into groups led by RHs and SBs. Therefore, these RHs and SBs are requested to bring their demonstration rifles. Furthermore, a mock Appleseed is planned and it would help if some of you would bring rifles, and mats or pads to lay them on.

Appleseed is undergoing a rapid expansion in IL this year. Many new ranges are already on-line and more are in the process. And we have exceptional instructors to complement this expansion. The training at this IBC should enable us to become even more responsive to the needs of the citizens of IL and of our beloved country. And the camaraderie which should be engendered among the instructors can greatly increase the morale and purpose of our instructor corps. Please come and help contribute to this worthwhile endeavor.

Rightful liberty is unobstructed action according to our will within limits drawn around us by the equal rights of others. I do not add "within the limits of the law" because law is often but the tyrant's will, and always so when it violates the rights of the individual.  Thomas Jefferson

For every complex problem there is an answer that is clear, simple, and wrong.  H. L. Mencken

Amber Waves

All IITs will also be expected to do some portion of the history. It doesn't have to be an entire Strike but everyone needs to have some experience at doing this in a public setting.

[/quote]

:cool2: I'll go first and VOLUNTEER for the first strike.   :pop:  Now I can look forward to everyone else's history and practice, practice, practice.

dond

Thanks Amber.  O0

AND also I would like for everyone to download the IBC POI and bring it. With everything I've asked you to bring, it would be a good idea to have the items in some kind of notebook, or notebooks, so we can refer to them easily. It will also serve as an easy and good reference for all your instructing duties.
Rightful liberty is unobstructed action according to our will within limits drawn around us by the equal rights of others. I do not add "within the limits of the law" because law is often but the tyrant's will, and always so when it violates the rights of the individual.  Thomas Jefferson

For every complex problem there is an answer that is clear, simple, and wrong.  H. L. Mencken

RBKL

Where can we find the IBC POI?

Tornado

"Great things have been affected by a few Men well Conducted."

George Rogers Clark

wooldl

Tornado,

This link is either not working, or I do not have access to that area. Is there another way to get the IBC POI info?

thanks,
wooldl
(btw - I will be there on Feb. 4th....see ya there)
"Posterity! You will never know, how much it cost the present generation, to preserve your Freedom! " - John Adams

AQT Dryfire Practice mp3 files: http://www.4shared.com/folder/559qijqr/My_4shared_Sync.html

Tornado

I'll see if I can find a link that you have access to or find a way to get it to you.

-Tornado
"Great things have been affected by a few Men well Conducted."

George Rogers Clark

dond

I thought the link was available, but apparently it is not. Don't worry about it. Practically everything of importance is in the Instructor's Manual anyway. I will try to bring anything that is not included there. 

Furthermore, please bring some paper to take notes on.

And thanks for coming wooldl.

And let me encourage everyone else to come also.

RedFox24

FYI I had a lot of trouble with Eventbirite today trying to register.  I took forever to load and even timed out a couple of times as well as locked up when it sent me over to Paypal..........

I got it done after holding my mouth right.....checking with the bank to make sure it only got me once......

"Preparedness is not an event.  It's a continuous process." 
Dr. Julie Gerberding, Director, CDC

Karl

I've registered, so everyone that was waiting to see if I was going can now register.  :))

I look forward to see everyone.

Now with all the pleasantries out of the way; I think that all of the loud snorers need to self identify so they may be strategically placed which will limit the impact to the rest of the group..................I need all of the beauty sleep I can get.... I hope you didn't think I'm this pretty on accident.. ^-^

Just kidding,

Karl
"corruptissima re publica plurimae leges."
"Si hoc legere potes nimium eruditionis habes."

dond

You must be thinking, "Uh Oh, this must mean he's got more homework for us."
~~:)   !@#)   ;D  Well you are right. But this is probably the last of it. Please download and bring - but read first - Appleseed Guidelines: The Entire Set. It is found in Instructor Info under From Fred.

dond

Well guess what? I've just discovered that the Appleseed Guidelines I requested that you download and bring is available only to IIT2s and above. But that has been corrected. Just today Fred reposted them for everyone on Instructor Info under Instructors in Training > Special Message to New Instructors from Fred.

These are most important. Please download and read them before coming to the IBC. And bring them with you.

dond

Time to bump this up.  ;)

Everyone please reread this post as a reminder of what to bring and what to read beforehand. You may want to bring something to put all these things in, such as  a three ring notebook. And I will be bringing additional materials too.

And we only have 11 preregistered thus far.  :(  Therefore, you need to talk some other instructors into coming too.