News:

We need volunteers in sales, marketing, PR, IT, and general "running of an organization." 
Maximize your Appleseed energy to make this program grow, and help fill the empty spots
on the firing line!  An hour of time spent at this level can have the impact of ten or a
hundred hours on the firing line.  Want to help? Send a PM to Monkey!

Main Menu

Any interest in an IBC in the Duham's Bay area?

Started by Nickle, January 05, 2012, 03:28:14 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Another D.O.M.

I've posted the dates the club is not available.  All other dates are presumable available.
"Dark & difficult times lie ahead.  Soon we must all face the choice between what is right, and what is easy."  Dumbledore

Nickle

17-18 March is Saratoga Gun Show. Better if you guys do some promoting there for April.

24-25 may be out. Rutland, VT gun show.

31 Mar-1 Apr looks OK.
They have men amongst them who know very well what they are about, having been employed as Rangers against the Indians and Canadians and this country being much covered with wood, and hilly, is very advantageous for their method of fighting. . . . ".  Lord Percy

Sounds like New Englanders to me.

Another D.O.M.

Sounds good - I'll get back to Sean and request March 31 & April 1.

Thanks Nickle.
"Dark & difficult times lie ahead.  Soon we must all face the choice between what is right, and what is easy."  Dumbledore

kDan

We can go to Saratoga or not, no big whoop, but I definitely want to say something.

Part of the problem with the IIT program is commitment, and commitment is dependent on understanding, cohesion and not least of all, enthusiasm.  For this, what's wrong with a field trip.  If we're not going to be just sitting around memorizing stuff, why can't we walk and talk about why we're involved in Appleseed?  ...plus look at stuff!  Everybody on that other AAR from IBC saratoga 2010 seemed to think it was worth the trip.

I was at the NYS AIBC (Fred) at Burlington Flats, and I was at the Massachusetts AIBC at the North Bridge, Merriams Corner, Bloody Curve and Lexington Green.  Got more out of that one there, the one in Massachusetts, on Battle Road, even though we were outside and moving from place to place.  Same topics were covered, but there were guys in Red Coats shooting other guys in homespun with flint-locks and then stabbing them with bayonets!  It was cool!

Who has fond memories of an IBC?  It's good to see everybody, but it's work.  I would not describe any IBC I've been to, helped at, or ran, as Inspiring.  Necessary but stirring, rousing, stimulating, electrifying?  ...meh   

Sitting around a room for two days is fine, whatever.  Just hope the pizza's better than b flats.   :DH:

"Hot dogs don't go bad"

-Scout

anygunwilldoifyouwilldo

I would be interested in a late Mach 31-April 1 IBC- I too agree w/KDAN on seeing the sights and moving around a bit- I have attended only 4-5 AS' before and would like to participate more -ENTHUSIASM is key to retention
~my $.02

Nickle

Last I knew, Dunham's Bay had a kitchen. Would be good to have use of it for the IBC. I already have a good cook in mind, some of you know her and her cooking.

Will take the field trip into consideration, no promises.
They have men amongst them who know very well what they are about, having been employed as Rangers against the Indians and Canadians and this country being much covered with wood, and hilly, is very advantageous for their method of fighting. . . . ".  Lord Percy

Another D.O.M.

Quote from: Nickle on January 11, 2012, 10:29:09 AMLast I knew, Dunham's Bay had a kitchen. Would be good to have use of it for the IBC. I already have a good cook in mind, some of you know her and her cooking.

Will take the field trip into consideration, no promises.
Unfortunately there is no kitchen at DB.  They have a fridge and a couple of coffee makers, but not even a microwave.

Nickle

Wow, the clubhouse used to have a full kitchen. At Benchrest matches, a couple used to come in and cook breakfast and lunch.

Have to bring in a couple of crock pots and an electric griddle then.

Another D.O.M.

I'm still awaiting a response from the club regarding our proposed dates...

LittleMo

Mar 31 - Apr 1 works for me! Like I said, I'm in!  Let me know when the date is finalized so I can get the news out.

My $.02... will there time enough to cover everything in the POI for the IBC and then do sight-seeing? I'm thinking maybe not, depending how many people show.

Gary
Growing old is mandatory; Growing up is optional!  :)

Marksmanship can be taught and learned,
but the motivation has to be inspired for the
people to become involved.
How many have you inspired that became involved?

http://www.facebook.com/NYSAppleseed
http://www.facebook.com/ProjectAppleseedVermont

Nickle

If there isn't, we can always set up a day or weekend to have a tour another time. Maybe even a longer tour. AIBC at Mt Independence and Saratoga?

Another D.O.M.

I've received a response from Sean G. at Dunham's Bay and we're on the schedule for our IBC March 31 & April 1.  Someone (nyrasgt?) will need to contact Sean a few days before the event to arrange a gate key and clubhouse access.

Nickle - do you want to handle the EI for this or shall I take it?
MJA

Nickle

You're the SC, it's your bit.

Have them list me as SB for it, so they know we're following the proper sequences to set it up.

Keep me posted on who is drawing a key.

LittleMo

Do you still want to open this up for non-IITs/RHs who want to contribute? If so once it gets put up on Eventbrite I'll put it on our Facebook page and in my email newsletter.

Gary

Nickle

Non-IIT's would be on a case by case basis, and must have met the minimum requirements to become an IIT. Waivers for the second AS and/or AQT score will be considered if requested.

Red Hats are cordially invited to come audit and assist with instruction of the IBC. They will be put to work assisting with instruction.

Nickle

This is now officially on the schedule.

Any Red Hats that are willing to come help teach this are very cordially invited. You can help and refresh/learn at the same time. Please include me in your PM to Instructor Scheduling when you volunteer to work. I will try to get assignments made prior to the event.

Any potential attendees that aren't currently IIT's should contact me (or sponsors contact me) so we can make arrangements for them. If they have appropriate forum access prior to the event, it will be easier for them to do some studying prior to it.

Another D.O.M.

The EIP and registration link are at http://appleseedinfo.org/smf/index.php?topic=27568.0.  We have room for 50 attendees, so come one and come all!

sureshot

count me in. (work permitting, may be traveling)
If you think everything's going to be alright, you don't understand the problem!

"They have men amongst them who know very well what they are about" Gen Hugh Percy

LittleMo

Sue ("The Mrs.") and I will be there!   :)

Gary

LittleMo

This IBC is next weekend! IITs should sign up for this and take advantage of this training. Looks like only 7 people has signed up per EventBrite.