News:

We need volunteers in sales, marketing, PR, IT, and general "running of an organization." 
Maximize your Appleseed energy to make this program grow, and help fill the empty spots
on the firing line!  An hour of time spent at this level can have the impact of ten or a
hundred hours on the firing line.  Want to help? Send a PM to Monkey!

Main Menu

i need promo stuff

Started by BigSkinny, December 31, 2011, 10:11:17 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

BigSkinny

I attended my first of many appleseeds, for sure at KCR in november with slim,ewald,chuck, and garandfan(?)...great shoot and i am hooked however i did take a sizable pile of brochures from slim to pass out to friends to get more kentuckians involved and got a lot of interest from my local gun store who put the last ten i had on the store counter and they were gone in four days...the interest is here, for sure and i want to actively recruit in my area...not a rifleman yet...five points shy...i did get the year card so i can come back again...i would like to bring four people with me minimum and need more promo stuff...my internet access consists of my wifes smart phone and my cad pc at work which they started restricting internet lately so downloading the pamphlet and printing is kinda difficult for me..
cell is a good way to reach me 270779sixsevenonethree...there are A LOT of Kentuckian shooters i know who don't know of appleseed...i would love to see some appleseed booths at our local gun shows as well...we could cover a lot more shooters.there as well....thanks again and see you soon.

George Hacker

Quote from: BigSkinny on December 31, 2011, 10:11:17 PM
I attended my first of many appleseeds, for sure at KCR in november with slim,ewald,chuck, and garandfan(?)...great shoot and i am hooked however i did take a sizable pile of brochures from slim to pass out to friends to get more kentuckians involved and got a lot of interest from my local gun store who put the last ten i had on the store counter and they were gone in four days...the interest is here, for sure and i want to actively recruit in my area...not a rifleman yet...five points shy...i did get the year card so i can come back again...i would like to bring four people with me minimum and need more promo stuff...my internet access consists of my wifes smart phone and my cad pc at work which they started restricting internet lately so downloading the pamphlet and printing is kinda difficult for me..
cell is a good way to reach me 270779sixsevenonethree...there are A LOT of Kentuckian shooters i know who don't know of appleseed...i would love to see some appleseed booths at our local gun shows as well...we could cover a lot more shooters.there as well....thanks again and see you soon.
BigSkinny,

Sounds to me like you need to contact unbridled_liberty and ask for a blue hat.  He is looking for a few good men and women to help the Kentucky Appleseed program grow.  Sounds like you have what it takes to get started - passion.

When you shoot your rifleman's score and earn the patch, then you can convert that blue hat to an orange hat.

- ShadowMan
Tell your Pacific Northwest facebook friends to "like" and post in the Northwest Region Project Appleseed page.

"You can't miss fast enough..."  "Aim small, miss small."

ChuckS

He he he he, my first recruit.  Excellent!

Skinny, I've got a dozen or so of the tri-folds in my truck. I'll be in BG tomorrow & will get them to you.

And the loaner rifles are ready when you are to get that score - how about some practice?

Treehawk

i think they are going to have a booth at the gun show in lexington the 7-8 this month. and happy new years everyone
Despite what your momma told you violence does solve problems- Craft International
When the rich rage war it's the poor who die- Linkin Park

Unbridled Liberty

For Liberty, each Freeman Strives
As its a Gift of God
And for it willing yield their Lives
And Seal it with their Blood

Thrice happy they who thus resign
Into the peacefull Grave
Much better there, in Death Confin'd
Than a Surviving Slave

This Motto may adorn their Tombs,
(Let tyrants come and view)
"We rather seek these silent Rooms
Than live as Slaves to You"

Lemuel Haynes, 1775

BigSkinny

I got some halfhearted interest in the pamphlets alone until i showed them a redcoat target and the zombies...when folks saw how SMALL those targets actually were along with my best scoring AQT, they were impressed at how difficult it was...i gave away two of my three spare targets to guys who want to practice a little before their first AS...some were excited at the prospect of the Rifleman patch as a bragging right ...target sheets are good for demonstrating the level of skills taught at AS... seems to.drive the point home better....I need to order a target pak from Fred so i can have some more to use myself as well as handing some redcoats out
...... Steve, the owner of Cheek Bros. Gun Shop, is very excited to attend an AS with me soon....his shop has been indispensible for helping me get the word out to others.   
       I would also like to see a booth at the bowling green gun show in march and will volunteer my services helping out.....I feel like we need a Blitzkreig of Promotion in 2012 as the poltical climate probably isn't going to be any friendlier to us responsible gun owners any time soon and we should be shouting this from the rooftops! AS is such a great program and very proactive as far as raising Patriot Awareness as well as responsible gun ownership both on a personal level and levels much bigger than just the individual...a direction I think, that our gun culture needs in this country...The skills taught at AS stand on their own merit...I tell people that not only will you learn to be a more accurate and consistent shooter, but you learn responsible and safe shooting practices, learn the backstories of ordinary citizens who performed exemplary patriotic duty to country which demonstrates how qualified riflemen and women on an individual scale made profound impcts in the fight for Liberty...Americans today feel like their individual actions make no difference in their country....small fish, big pond....Its what i appreciate about the stories ewald,slim, and garandfan told us at KCR...reinforces that the INDIVIDUAL can make a profound impact when properly skilled...more than nuff sed, lmao....thanks again....see you latwr Chuck

George Hacker

I agree about the impact of the targets on promotions.  When I give presentations to gun clubs and other small groups, I always brings targets with me to give away (a handful each of red coats, green coats, sighter squares, and a couple AQTs).  When they see the targets it really gets their attention how challenging the Appleseed course of fire is.  Also giving away the targets at the end of the presentation is a gesture of goodwill that leaves a good impression.  If handing out a couple hundred targets over time turns into a single shooter on the line, then they have at least paid for themselves.  I suspect the returns are much higher so they are a great promotional investment.

- ShadowMan
Tell your Pacific Northwest facebook friends to "like" and post in the Northwest Region Project Appleseed page.

BigSkinny

The fact that the AQT also has time limits during a round of shooting with a required mag change often impresses many on the fence...I agree that the pamphet AND targets should go hand in hand for promoting AS...one fairly typical response I get is "I'm already a good shot. Why would I pay 35$ to recap my skill level." or this one "I can pop a deer in its sweet spot no problem. I don't need AS".......my usual reply is " can you hit that deer three times in a two inch square, change the mag, pop it two more times in the same area in under 65 seconds?"....the looks on their faces betrays their surprise at the difficulty which is my cue to whip out a redcoat and show them what I'm talkin about.

Treehawk

i know. my first apple seed my groups were wide and not very good. by the end of the day i was shooting good groups. and at the end of the second day i was hitting steel at 350 yds with an ar-15. the steel was about 2 feet in diameter and the second plate was about 1 foot or less. and that was just after 1 class. imagine  what i could be shooting after 10 or 20 classes, and i have a question about the aqt's
Despite what your momma told you violence does solve problems- Craft International

Mudcat

Where are you located Big Skinny?
"A free people ought not only to be armed and disciplined but they should have sufficient arms and ammunition to maintain a status of independence from any who might attempt to abuse them, which would include their own government."
--George Washington

Unbridled Liberty

He is in Alvaton, KY, about 15 minutes from Bowling Green. 
For Liberty, each Freeman Strives
As its a Gift of God
And for it willing yield their Lives
And Seal it with their Blood

Thrice happy they who thus resign
Into the peacefull Grave
Much better there, in Death Confin'd
Than a Surviving Slave

This Motto may adorn their Tombs,
(Let tyrants come and view)
"We rather seek these silent Rooms
Than live as Slaves to You"

Lemuel Haynes, 1775

slim

Good to see you here, Big Skinny. I'm also glad to hear you're taking that 7th Step to heart and getting your friends, family and neighbors up off their couches and motivated to save the country. Huzzah! 

I note U_L is on it but if you guys need anything, let me know. Keep up the good work!

Treehawk, what's your question about the AQT?

Treehawk

how many shots for each target and whats the time for each

George Hacker

Quote from: Treehawk on January 02, 2012, 04:24:46 PM
how many shots for each target and whats the time for each
Treehawk,

Read the fine print on the QDAQT, it is all there with the following exceptions: stage 2 is 55 seconds and stage 3 is 65 seconds.  BTW - if you have an Android phone there is an application that will run you through the AQT course of fire.  I posted about it a few days ago.

- ShadowMan