News:

We need volunteers in sales, marketing, PR, IT, and general "running of an organization." 
Maximize your Appleseed energy to make this program grow, and help fill the empty spots
on the firing line!  An hour of time spent at this level can have the impact of ten or a
hundred hours on the firing line.  Want to help? Send a PM to Monkey!

Main Menu

Assistance/input needed

Started by eaglescouter, December 31, 2011, 01:55:08 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

eaglescouter

Old Guy:  Do it long enough and you get really good at it.

Rifleman:  Sacramento:  Four Ought Nine
Full Distance:  Red Bluff:  What year was that?
Pistoleer™:  Hat Creek:  Three Twenty One

Make yourselves good scouts and good rifle shots in order to protect the women and children of your country if it should ever become necessary.
--Lord Baden-Powell
Scouting for Boys (1908)

Unbridled Liberty

Thanks for posting this here Eaglescouter.  I have posted a reply at Calguns.

UL
For Liberty, each Freeman Strives
As its a Gift of God
And for it willing yield their Lives
And Seal it with their Blood

Thrice happy they who thus resign
Into the peacefull Grave
Much better there, in Death Confin'd
Than a Surviving Slave

This Motto may adorn their Tombs,
(Let tyrants come and view)
"We rather seek these silent Rooms
Than live as Slaves to You"

Lemuel Haynes, 1775

KnowFear

Thanks for the help everyone - got my patch at the Feb 18/19 event in Castro Valley.

Now, where does one go to give some pay-back?   I'm feeling the urge to do some (non-instructor) AppleSeeding :)
Who is John Galt?

Two Wolves

KnowFear---you tell those instructors to give you a BLUE HAT!  ~~:)  That's APPLECORE  O0  There's a ton of things you can do to help further the cause.  ^:)^  BTW thanks for asking  ;)  ~ Two Wolves
A moral compass provides a basis for making decisions; an action is good or bad, right or wrong when viewed in the light of the individual's moral bearing. If no moral compass exists for the individual, then decisions and actions are made on the basis of purely subjective thoughts. This leads to "If it makes me happy, or makes me feel good, or if it's something I simply want to do, then it is right and good."

George Hacker

Yes!  What Two Wolves said.  In fact we always could use some help with promotions.  If that interests you, drop SPQR (and Fred) a note and let them know you'd like to help get some shooters on the line.

- ShadowMan
Tell your Pacific Northwest facebook friends to "like" and post in the Northwest Region Project Appleseed page.

"You can't miss fast enough..."  "Aim small, miss small."

Nero

Quote from: ShadowMan on February 21, 2012, 09:08:18 PM
Yes!  What Two Wolves said.  In fact we always could use some help with promotions.  If that interests you, drop SPQR (and Fred) a note and let them know you'd like to help get some shooters on the line.

- ShadowMan

We could definitely use Blue Hat help around here, since our only AC is looking to graduate to an orange one.  As far as promotions, the place to lend a hand is national or statewide - that's SPQR - we're consistently selling out the only local range here.  (Yup, we're working on more ranges.) 
"Those who profess to favor freedom, and yet depreciate agitation, are men who want crops without plowing up the ground. They want rain without thunder and lightning. They want the ocean without the awful roar of its many waters." —Frederick Douglass

KnowFear

Livermore range is only a hop and a skip from here.  If that pavement hasn't been pounded already, I would be happy to give it a try.  Or where ever you guys can point me - I will drag out my best people skills (which aint saying much ++)  ).

I will likely be up for some blue hat as well on occasion, but obviously need to find out a bit more about it to know whether I can actually commit.

My expertise is electronics and communications engineering, and am also handy with most things mechanical (like loaner rifles or whatever), and can make target frames and the like, if any of these type of things are needed.

email any time with what is needed, or point me to the right links.

Who is John Galt?

Nero

Quote from: KnowFear on February 21, 2012, 10:19:04 PM
Livermore range is only a hop and a skip from here.  If that pavement hasn't been pounded already, I would be happy to give it a try.  Or where ever you guys can point me - I will drag out my best people skills (which aint saying much ++)  ).

I will likely be up for some blue hat as well on occasion, but obviously need to find out a bit more about it to know whether I can actually commit.

My expertise is electronics and communications engineering, and am also handy with most things mechanical (like loaner rifles or whatever), and can make target frames and the like, if any of these type of things are needed.

email any time with what is needed, or point me to the right links.

PM to follow shortly with more information on Blue Hatting and some ideas on what would help locally.   We're already chasing two more ranges, but Livermore is not one of those, so if you're willing to tackle them, let's get you the right information and go for it.
"Those who profess to favor freedom, and yet depreciate agitation, are men who want crops without plowing up the ground. They want rain without thunder and lightning. They want the ocean without the awful roar of its many waters." —Frederick Douglass