News:

We need volunteers in sales, marketing, PR, IT, and general "running of an organization." 
Maximize your Appleseed energy to make this program grow, and help fill the empty spots
on the firing line!  An hour of time spent at this level can have the impact of ten or a
hundred hours on the firing line.  Want to help? Send a PM to Monkey!

Main Menu

2012 Iowa Appleseed Events - Planning and Schedule

Started by Whisker, December 28, 2011, 10:58:54 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Whisker

Use this to quickly reference where to place the Appleseed you want to set up. 

January

7-8
14-15
21-22
28-29

February

4-5
11-12
18-19
25-26

March

3-4
10-11
17-18
24-25
31-1

April

7-8
14-15
21-22 - Shenandoah
28-29 - Winterset, Dubuque

May

5-6
12-13
19-20 - Winterset
26-27

June

2-3
9-10
16-17- Shenandoah
23-24- Decorah
30-1

July

7-8
14-15
21-22 -Shenandoah
28-29

August

4-5
11-12
18-19 - Shenandoah
25-26

September

1-2
8-9 - Northwood
15-16
22-23
29-30 - Winterset, Dubuque

October

6-7
13-14 - Shenandoah
20-21 - Winterset
27-28

November

3-4
10-11- Shenandoah
17-18
24-25

December

1-2
8-9
15-16
22-23
29-30
What brings together men liberated from local and national limitations is also what keeps them apart. What pushes for greater rationality is also what nourishes the irrationality of hierarchical exploitation and repression.  What creates society's abstract power also creates its concrete unfreedom.

Whisker

I just realized it's winter... and our 2012 Iowa planning is either being done in secret, or just not on the internet (a proud iowa phenomenon), or, not happening yet.

Let us take advantage of these cold months and spend some time getting our Iowa schedule full of Appleseeds. 

We still have bare spots on our map, especially the north west. 

Iowa has the resources to do a really amazing year...   Which is why I'm already excited.  By resources I mean people with momentum who we already got instructing with us, and who yet wander without purpose throughout our prairies and cornfeilds... waiting for a chance for a Rifleman patch. 

So let's start where some have already taken the lead (Bryce with Winterset!).

If you are a range contact... say for... Montrose, or Shenadoah or Northwood, Dubuque, Decorah ect ect... Get talking to the range and get it on the schedule early.  Our goal is to double each year.. so if your range held only one event last year... try for two or three is better.

If your range is on board, but you have questions on what exactly it takes to "get it on the schedule"- PM me or Loves2hunt59.

I also want to be generally available for all things Appleseed, so my phone number is 515-770-3407.

Going to be a really good year.

What brings together men liberated from local and national limitations is also what keeps them apart. What pushes for greater rationality is also what nourishes the irrationality of hierarchical exploitation and repression.  What creates society's abstract power also creates its concrete unfreedom.

Patriot Gal

Here is the list of shoots from 2011.  It's pretty easy to get those launched into registration and I.S.  The entire list of last year's EIPs are here =>  http://appleseedinfo.org/smf/index.php?board=314.0 

The shoots I found in the EIP list were:
Farragut -     5 shoots
Winterset -   4 shoots
Dubuque -    1 shoot
Ackley   -      1 shoot
Decorah  -    2 shoots
Montrose -   4 shoots
Northwood - 1 shoot

You can most likely copy/paste the information, change the dates to the ones the ranges give you for 2012, change contact names/numbers as needed and you're all set!

It would be good to get those EIPs to SavageShooter asap so people could start planning their schedules for the year.

PM me if you need any assistance with this or have any questions.
Thanks all!!!   O0
Patriot Gal

Quote from: Whisker on December 28, 2011, 11:11:26 PM
I just realized it's winter... and our 2012 Iowa planning is either being done in secret, or just not on the internet (a proud iowa phenomenon), or, not happening yet.

Let us take advantage of these cold months and spend some time getting our Iowa schedule full of Appleseeds. 

We still have bare spots on our map, especially the north west. 

Iowa has the resources to do a really amazing year...   Which is why I'm already excited.  By resources I mean people with momentum who we already got instructing with us, and who yet wander without purpose throughout our prairies and cornfeilds... waiting for a chance for a Rifleman patch. 

So let's start where some have already taken the lead (Bryce with Winterset!).

If you are a range contact... say for... Montrose, or Shenadoah or Northwood, Dubuque, Decorah ect ect... Get talking to the range and get it on the schedule early.  Our goal is to double each year.. so if your range held only one event last year... try for two or three is better.

If your range is on board, but you have questions on what exactly it takes to "get it on the schedule"- PM me or Loves2hunt59.

I also want to be generally available for all things Appleseed, so my phone number is 515-770-3407.

Going to be a really good year.
"Educate and inform the whole mass of the people... They are the only sure reliance for the preservation of our liberty."  ~Thomas Jefferson

"No free man shall ever be denied the use of arms"
~Thomas Jefferson

"If not us, then who; if not now, then when."
~President Ronald Reagan

loves2hunt59

Whisker,
just because the state coordinator ++) is techno-challenged does not mean things are not progressing. Bryce has dates for Winterset,  Dan has approval for another shoot in Northwood, and Don is checking his event schedule for his business to see when he can hold events in Shenandoah/Farragut.  I'll be at the annual meeting for Montrose in a coupe of weeks to seek approval for dates there.                                       
                                                                     Vic 

mac3647

:DH:  Sorry it took me(us) so long to get our calendars out!   Got it set I think:  Appleseed dates for 2012 @ Catalpa Creek.      April 21-22,  June 16-17,  July 21-22,  August 18-19,  October 13-14,  November 10-11.     
Also we are thinking about some Library Seeds, maybe one in February for a local DAR (Daughters of the American Revolution) chapter if they accept our offer.  The thought came to us of maybe Library Seeds on the Friday evening prior to the Appleseed weekend if the Shoot Boss or a Red Hat who is signed up for the shoot would be willing.  KarenMc has a building that is set up great for this purpose in Farragut that is only 3 miles from the range, a large meeting room upstairs and full kitchen and gathering room on the main floor.  (see FaceBook/FreedomCorner)  any volunteers for a Library Seed in Shenandoah/Farragut for February?  Hope so!
"All tyranny needs to gain a foothold is for people of good conscience to remain silent"  Thomas Jefferson

IXOYE

I'm starting to work on the 2nd shoot in Dubuque. My hopes for our new location are slumping. I just talked to the other guys who use the range for an NRA high power match and the organizer indicated that our 06-07 October date falls on top the date they used last year. He wasn't very hopeful they could work around it. It all depends on when the other ranges have their NRA matches.

I'm going to wait a little longer before making any sort of decision, but here are my thoughts.

• Stick with Izaak Walton and use two firing lines like we had originally planned for our recent shoot. This isn't optimal but the range is reserved if we want it. It's also limited in capacity.
  • Change our October shoot date to the next weekend so we can use the alternate range. Before doing this I'd like to know how that affects instructors.

Please chime in if you are wanting to come to Dubuque.

Thanks!
ΙΧΘΥΣ
The only thing necessary for evil to prosper is for good men to do nothing! (Edmund Burke)