News:

We need volunteers in sales, marketing, PR, IT, and general "running of an organization." 
Maximize your Appleseed energy to make this program grow, and help fill the empty spots
on the firing line!  An hour of time spent at this level can have the impact of ten or a
hundred hours on the firing line.  Want to help? Send a PM to Monkey!

Main Menu

Free ebook: How to Shoot the U.S. Army Rifle (1943)

Started by Unbridled Liberty, December 28, 2011, 07:09:00 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Unbridled Liberty

Here is a gem of a free download: How to Shoot the U.S. Army Rifle (1943)

http://www.archive.org/download/How_to_Shoot_the_US_Army_Rifle/How_to_Shoot_the_US_Army_Rifle.pdf

Back in '43 they told it like it was: "The last war proved that if you hit a German in the right place with a caliber .30 rifle bullet, he falls over dead. This is also true in this war. It applies, moreover, to Japs as well as to Nazis.
The U. S. Army Rifle--be it the M1903 (Springfield), M1917 (Enfield), or M1 (Garand)--has the range, caliber, power, and accuracy to kill Nazis and Japs. All that is required is a soldier well enough trained in rifle marksmanship to hit the enemy in the right places.

The U. S. Army believes in this training. Its rifle marksmanship course is the most thorough in the world. In the last war, the deadliness of American marksmanship amazed both our Allies and our enemies. In this war, reports from far-flung battlefields reveal that the hours of marksmanship training in our camps have not been spent in vain...The method is that developed by The Infantry School for the semiautomatic M1 rifle, a method that enables you to get the most out of any rifle you may ever have to shoot.

Put aside your own ideas on rifle shooting for the duration of the war. Where life and death, victory or defeat, depend on the result, it is wise to follow this method. It is based on countless hours of test and trial, on the range and the battlefield...these lessons, well learned, will cause many a Nazi and Jap to echo the words of that German in the last war who, dying, wrote: "God save us from these Americans. They shoot like devils . . . They are the best marksmen in the world."

Appleseed Instructors will find some great pictures, diagrams and even training aids.

Other formats are available as well: http://www.archive.org/details/How_to_Shoot_the_US_Army_Rifle

UL
For Liberty, each Freeman Strives
As its a Gift of God
And for it willing yield their Lives
And Seal it with their Blood

Thrice happy they who thus resign
Into the peacefull Grave
Much better there, in Death Confin'd
Than a Surviving Slave

This Motto may adorn their Tombs,
(Let tyrants come and view)
"We rather seek these silent Rooms
Than live as Slaves to You"

Lemuel Haynes, 1775

brianheeter

Thanks for pointing this one out!  I had downloaded the videos but didn't find this on my own.  I'm looking forward to digging into this!

brian
(refuse to) Kiss the Ring!

SPQR

"It is amazing to watch the intricate dance of the Indiana instructors playing off each other's strengths. No ego involved. Just doing what needs to be done by the person best suited to do it to give the shooters what they need." - Miki

"Indiana rules!" - Nero

"We all need Bedford." - brianheeter

sgtrock

I have this book in perfect condition, its a keeper.

k0sh

Downloading as we speak... er, type.

Not wanting to threadjack, but someone just mentioned the related videos (Rifle Marksmanship with the M1 Rifle) and I've had a long lingering question.  I downloaded those vids, but there appears to be some material referenced in them (pertaining to sight picture, for example) that is referenced but never appears.  Is there a missing vid and, if so, is it truly missing?  If it's out there, I'd love to complete the set, as it were.

/end threadjack