News:

We need volunteers in sales, marketing, PR, IT, and general "running of an organization." 
Maximize your Appleseed energy to make this program grow, and help fill the empty spots
on the firing line!  An hour of time spent at this level can have the impact of ten or a
hundred hours on the firing line.  Want to help? Send a PM to Monkey!

Main Menu

2012 events

Started by Tacdrivers, December 27, 2011, 10:18:02 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Tacdrivers

Are there any events scheduled in LA for 2012?

LawDog

I don't think any dates are solid yet, but trust that there is lots of effort being expended to get that done.  Please keep watching the calendar.  I will also try to remember to PM you when I see dates on the books.  What part of the state are you in?

Tacdrivers

I am in the Lafayette area. Look forward to participating as I have heard of these before.

LawDog

Send a PM to spmcpeak.  He is in that area.  No doubt there will be events in Shreveport and/or Eunice and/or Sherburne.  We are planning to have Shoots in the NO area as well in 2012.

LadyZipper

You guys know I am always willing to Instruct a shoot over there. If y'all need anything let me know.

-LZ

LawDog

Thanks, LZ.  We have two new ranges coming online this year, so get ready!

Koldsteel

Planning on driving to NE Texas in April to shoot, but would rather shoot closer to home. Im in the Shreveport area. Would like to see an event in NE La.

Brent
Sucking the marrow of life doesnt mean choking on the bone...

LawDog

So far we have Amite and Slidell on the schedule.  However, Shreveport has been a mainstay for a while.  Keep checking.  Thanks.

shane

Any updates on Shreveport hosting an AS this year or any other ranges in the works?

Str8Shooter

Shane they will be having one in Atlanta TX. which is only about 1 hour north of Shreveport. April 21 22 I believe. That is the one I am going to. It is only 20 minutes different from the range at Bodcau which is actually 30 minutes or better from shreveport depending on where you live. The shoot is actually not in shreveport, more like haughton or bellview.
The strongest reason for the people to retain the right to keep and bear arms is, as a last resort, to protect themselves against tyranny in government.

Thomas Jefferson

shane

Cant make the one in Tx as I am still on sick leave. I would guess Haughton and have been there for other shooting events in the past. I have made up my mind to go drive to Slidell no matter how close the others are since I am looking to meet Lawdawg and I told him I would bring an easy-up to help with the shade.  I am planning to look at some in Tx that are within a few hours drive as well for later in the year, however I would like to see more activity in our State and am willing to help in that regard.

Str8Shooter

Yeah Shreveport could use some help. I have NO time or I would. I was involved with shreveport for awhile with Pop. I am sure Pop would love some help. Look him up on the forum and send him a message.
The strongest reason for the people to retain the right to keep and bear arms is, as a last resort, to protect themselves against tyranny in government.

Thomas Jefferson