News:

We need volunteers in sales, marketing, PR, IT, and general "running of an organization." 
Maximize your Appleseed energy to make this program grow, and help fill the empty spots
on the firing line!  An hour of time spent at this level can have the impact of ten or a
hundred hours on the firing line.  Want to help? Send a PM to Monkey!

Main Menu

merry Christmas and happy holidays appleseed folks

Started by grunt soldier, December 25, 2011, 01:25:50 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

grunt soldier

I'm still pretty new around here but I just want to wish everyone a merry Christmas and happy holidays.  may we all spend some quality time with loved ones and remember what the season is all really about.     

a little story that reminded me quite quickly.  my daughter ( 5 y/o and some of you have met her) was having problems listening the other day and just wasn't doing the right thing.  I explained to her she would be on the naughty list if she didn't listen.  I went to the portablenorthpole.com and did a santa video for her where santa told her she was on the naughty list.  After she watched it I asked her so you know what that means right.  and she said kinda.  I told her that meant santa was not going to stop at our house and he was going to give her presents to a little girl who was being good and listening like she was suppose to (a bit harsh but I wanted to make sure she understood we were serious)  she thought about it for a minute and replied well dad you do know that christmas isn't really about presents anyways, I looked a bit shocked I'm sure and she continued.  Christmas is really about spending time with family and celebrating the birth of jesus christ, she said even if I got just a card board box from santa I would say thank you and go play with it (which is true as she loves boxes for some reason lol).  I almost didn't know how to respond lol.  you think a lot of times they aren't listening but they are.  I was very impressed and reminded at the same time what the season is all about. 

hopefully everyone out there has a great holiday season and enjoys some good company. 
custom kydex solutions.  specializing in sheaths and holsters.  let me know if I can do something for you fellow seeders :)  some pics of our work below

http://s967.photobucket.com/albums/ae158/gruntsoldier2/

"When it comes time to die, be not like those whose hearts are filled with the fear of death, so when their time comes they weep and pray for a little more time to live their lives over again in a different way. Sing your death song, and die like a hero going home." - Chief Aupumut (1725), Mohican.