News:

We need volunteers in sales, marketing, PR, IT, and general "running of an organization." 
Maximize your Appleseed energy to make this program grow, and help fill the empty spots
on the firing line!  An hour of time spent at this level can have the impact of ten or a
hundred hours on the firing line.  Want to help? Send a PM to Monkey!

Main Menu

ANNOUNCING: Instructors' 2012 Kick-off meeting

Started by The Log, December 22, 2011, 10:33:27 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

The Log

Attention CT Crew...

It's that time again - the year is wrapping up, our 2011 shoots are complete, and we need to turn our attention to the 2012 campaign. To that end, I've scheduled an Instructors' meeting for Saturday, 14 January 2012 from noon to 1:30 (or so). I'd like to have it at NWCSA in Colebrook - I just need to check the schedule there. If we can do it there, then it would be nice to get a little trigger time in after the meeting. The backup location will be Casa de Log, in nearby Torrington. Either way, maybe we can all chip in for pizzas or something.

Please post on the thread or PM me with your availability. I know meetings aren't everyone's cup of tea, but we really need to make sure we're all on the same page in 2012. Our active ranks have thinned out a bit, and we need to make the most of everyone's effort.

I'll send out an agenda prior to the meeting, but I can divulge a couple of highlights:

• 2011 results
  • 2012 strategy
  • Scheduling April-Dec
  • Extra-curricular activities
Please make an effort to attend. Thanks!

</log>
"The future belongs to those that show up." - hawkhavn

The Log

I've confirmed that we can use the club house at NWCSA for this meeting, so let's set it in stone - Saturday, 14 January 2012, at the NWCSA clubhouse, high noon. Bring your toys and we'll play afterwards, weather permitting.

Check in on this thread or PM me so I know who'll be attending. If there's interest, I'll pick up some pizzas on the way over and we can make it a working lunch.

</log>

TOMINCT

Sounds great!

But what's this part about 'weather permitting' on getting in some trigger time? IIRC there is still such a thing as a WINTERSEED, IS THERE NOT?

If it's good for the attendees.....
crak's battle road IBC 10-09
Ramseur 2-12!
ninsho's battle road IBC 6-13

The Log

Yeah, as soon as I posted that I realized I shouldn't have mentioned the weather. Unless by "weather" we mean "flying bits of rock from blasting operations at the end of the range." But that's not supposed to start until February.

</log>

The Log

Thanks to those who have responded to my email. So far we have:

freedomwon
Glock23
CortJestir
TOMINCT
Who_Me?
The Log
Lymiseede (and Pete)
Jay Haich
CaptMac (maybe)
DavidGW1
Old Ironsights

Vernic82 will not be able to make it - pistol class. Keep those replies coming in - we need as many of you as possible at this meeting.

</log>

CortJestir

LymiSeede (and possibly Peter) will be carpooling with me.
CT Appleseed Facebook Page

"I hate quotations. Tell me what you know." - Ralph Waldo Emerson :D

The Log

It's looking good now - eight instructors so far. Keep those replies coming in!!

My plan is to do the meeting and eating first, then the shooting. That'll keep the blabbing to a minimum. CJ - please remember to bring your facilitator's hammer. We may need it.

Let's watch the weather, too. I know we're a hardy group, and we'll shoot in anything short of a hurricane, but getting to Colebrook in a snowstorm might be a problem. Stay tuned.

</log>

The Log

Looks like we're getting close to a dozen attendees - pretty much the whole active CT crew at this point. So good job on that, everyone.

I'm going to change lunch from pizza to a couple of party grinders from Big Y - the logistics are a bit easier for me. Keeping it simple - just the basics like ham, turkey and cheese. I'll get some chips too, and maybe some sodas. Hope that works for everyone.

Weather looks acceptable - cold though, so dress appropriately. Don't commit cotton suicide! And bring those rifles, partners - let's use the range while we can.

Agenda to follow by email. Let me know if there's anything you want to discuss and I'll add it.

See you all at high noon on Saturday.

</log>

davidgw1

Dan:  Looks like I can make it.too.  See you then!  DaveW

The Log

Quote from: davidgw1 on January 10, 2012, 08:56:45 PM
Dan:  Looks like I can make it.too.  See you then!  DaveW
Looking to take the prize for "furthest traveled" away from CaptMac, eh? Nicely done! We'll see you Saturday!

</log>

The Log

And Old Ironsights is on the guest list now too. Looking good, and thanks everyone for the effort. Agenda in the works.

</log>

The Log

Thanks one and all for making this a productive and enjoyable meeting! Special thanks to Davidgw1 for his long drive from Rhode Island to be with us.

It was gratifying to have so many of the Nutmeg State crew turn out to kick off the 2012 campaign. For those of you who couldn't make it, here are a few photos from our after-meeting shoot on the NWCSA rifle range - possibly the last chance we'll get to shoot there as a group until construction is finished sometime later this year.

It just looks cold.

Cowboy CJ with his new toy - and I finally got a picture with an ejected shell in the frame!

Freedomwon with one of his latest acquisitions

TOMINCT with his SKS. He also busted a few on his Moisin. Jeez, can't we can't any American rifles on the line?

NOW we're talking. Davidgw1 with his Detroit PD surplus M1 carbine.

And then there's Old Ironsights and his SR-25. Very nice boom-stick - much less recoil than you'd think.

No instructor shoot is complete without a few rounds down Glock23's national match M1A.

Cowboy CJs faithful sidekick Hopalong Tom throws a few downrange with CJ's new Ruger Vaquero Bisley in .357 mag

"Good thing I had my safety glasses on." CT's newest Red Hat Jay Haich dons the remains of his Orange Hat after we retired it Calverton style.

Thanks again, one and all. We'll do another meeting and a KD day later in the year - possibly when NWCSA reopens with the 300+ yard slots  ^:)^

</log>