News:

We need volunteers in sales, marketing, PR, IT, and general "running of an organization." 
Maximize your Appleseed energy to make this program grow, and help fill the empty spots
on the firing line!  An hour of time spent at this level can have the impact of ten or a
hundred hours on the firing line.  Want to help? Send a PM to Monkey!

Main Menu

Invading Florida

Started by mac66, December 22, 2011, 04:56:16 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

mac66

Some of you know that I am in Florida over the holidays visiting my daughter who is working here, and my in-laws who live here in the winter.  I took advantage of being down here to sign up to instruct at an Appleseed last weekend in Bunnel Fl. which is about an hour and a half from my in-laws. You can read the AAR in that section. The SB (Bruce Smith and his wife Janet) are great people (like all Appleseeders), have a good crew of IITs and run a good shoot.  They wanted me to extend an invitation to any Michigan instructor who is looking for some warm weather in the winter to come on down and help out. I have to admit that after the December Lapeer shoot, it was kind of fun being in shorts and a t-shirt for the Florida shoot.  I am definitely considering it next winter (2013)  in that this coming Feb is booked (including our IBC).  Merry Christmas, Happy New Year and See you all in February
Status quo, you know, is Latin for 'the mess we're in'.
Ronald Reagan

Even if you are on the right track, you'll get run over if you just sit there. Will Rogers

The King has degenerated into a tyrant and forfeits all rights to his subjects' obedience."  Patrick Henry, 1765

Motivation?...The best solution to morale problems is to kill all the unhappy people  Ghenghis Khan

ITB

Mac,

Nice job.  Sounds like you wowed them with your First Person Hezekiah.

To all of the Michigan cadre - folks, I love to see cross-pollination.  Please feel free to plan to work shoots out of state.  It will benefit both states.
"I will either set my country free, or shed my last drop of blood to make her so." -  Dr. Joseph Warren

" ITB glides through the highways of the Midwest like a Velvet Fog, unfettered by mortal speed limits, leaving only the knowledge of American Heritage and Marksmanship (and a faint whiff of ghost pepper sauce) in his wake." - Oz

CF KD requal - Muenster, TX  11/25/23

Superheat

My mind is racing trying to justify a trip to Florida.  What if 4 of us took a four day weekend and carpooled down there.   #)
Hmmmm, Someone twist my arm. 

P.S. don't tell Mrs. Heat.

jollyrogers

I'm thinking there might be no better place to get the feet wet than FL this time of year

mac66

A little sunshine, a little golf, Appleseed on the weekend. Not a bad combo in the dead of winter. Maybe I will try and organize something down here next year.

I am kind of digging this retirement gig. O0
Status quo, you know, is Latin for 'the mess we're in'.
Ronald Reagan

Even if you are on the right track, you'll get run over if you just sit there. Will Rogers

The King has degenerated into a tyrant and forfeits all rights to his subjects' obedience."  Patrick Henry, 1765

Motivation?...The best solution to morale problems is to kill all the unhappy people  Ghenghis Khan

TomM1Thumb

Mac66 and fellow Appleseeder's

Please come on Down, I for one find that visiting, Appleseeder's will always teach You something new! and We all know that the Learning never ends!

Merry Christmas, and a very Happy New Year, to one and All

Tom
" The Constitution shall never be construed to prevent the people of the United States who are peaceable citizens from keeping their own arms. €�  - Alexander Hamilton
"The strongest reason for the people to retain the right to keep and bear arms is, as a last resort, to protect themselves against tyranny in government."    -- Thomas Jefferson

" The Beauty of The Second Amendment is that it will not be needed until they try to take it"
Thomas Jefferson

Arms discourage and keep the invader and plunderer in awe, and preserve order in the world as well as property... Horrid mischief would ensue were the law-abiding deprived of the use of them.

Thomas Paine

9mm4545

Got a shoot in New Smyrna Beach in two weeks in case anyone is interested... Bring a shooter or two with you.  :)
The American Constitution is remarkable for its simplicity; but can only suffice a people habitually correct in their actions, and would be utterly inadequate to the wants of a different nation.  Change the domestic habits of the Americans, their religious devotion, and their high respect for morality, and it will not be necessary to change a single letter in the Constitution in order to vary the whole form of their government. - Francis Grund 1837

9mm4545

Oh, and by the way, I just checked the extended forecast and for Saturday of the New Smyrna Beach shoot it is supposed to be brilliant sunshine and 75 degrees. No guarantees, YMMV, etc. I promise there will be no snow whatsoever...
The American Constitution is remarkable for its simplicity; but can only suffice a people habitually correct in their actions, and would be utterly inadequate to the wants of a different nation.  Change the domestic habits of the Americans, their religious devotion, and their high respect for morality, and it will not be necessary to change a single letter in the Constitution in order to vary the whole form of their government. - Francis Grund 1837