News:

We need volunteers in sales, marketing, PR, IT, and general "running of an organization." 
Maximize your Appleseed energy to make this program grow, and help fill the empty spots
on the firing line!  An hour of time spent at this level can have the impact of ten or a
hundred hours on the firing line.  Want to help? Send a PM to Monkey!

Main Menu

Great Deal on Shooting Mats!

Started by NhLibertas, December 17, 2011, 11:08:15 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

NhLibertas

At the last couple shoots I went to I was asked by a handful of people where I got my shooting mat.

Midway is running a deal on the mat I have right now...half price! It is really an outstanding mat and will last for years. Great time to buy yourself a Christmas present:)

http://www.midwayusa.com/product/276544/midwayusa-pro-series-competition-shooting-mat-pvc-coated-polyester-olive-drab?cm_vc=CyberMon2

And the smaller version that is still a great mat is only 25 bucks right now!

http://www.midwayusa.com/product/169107/midwayusa-competition-shooting-mat-pvc-coated-polyester-olive-drab
"Liberty is not a cruise ship full of pampered passengers. Liberty is a man-of-war, and we are all crew." ~ Kenneth W. Royce

Eternal vigilance is the price of liberty. – Thomas Jefferson

Courage is almost a contradiction in terms. It means a strong desire to live, taking the form of readiness to die. - G.K. Chesterton

Burnett

I have this mat and really like it and would recommend it, with one caveat...

I bought one of these last year when they were half-off and really like it.
The one issue I had with it was the grommets; they pulled out with almost no effort at all.
If you never need to stake the mat down, I suspect that you'd never have a problem with them.
The first time I used it was at an Appleseed in Wisconsin in March and parts of the firing line slightly sloped down at the back.
With the frozen ground you'd slide backwards on the mats so staking them was necessary.
The tension on the grommets caused them to pull out.
I posted the review that mentions this.
A nearby tent and awning shop added some material around the holes and put in much heavier duty grommets that I think will hold up.
I posted the review between dropping the mat off at the tent and awning and picking it up.
The estimate to do the work was $40 some dollars but ended up being only $22.

Don't let this talk anyone out of the mat, it is nice, just be warned that if you have to use the grommets, you'll likely have to have better ones put in.

Go_Vols!

On Black Friday Midway USA had them for $19.99. I got two of them and they are nice.
I pledge allegiance to our Republic, one nation, under God with LIBERTY and justice for ALL!!!

John Adams  "Posterity! You will never know how much it cost the present Generation to preserve your Freedom! I hope you will make good use of it. If you do not, I shall repent in Heaven, that I ever took half the Pains to preserve it."