News:

We need volunteers in sales, marketing, PR, IT, and general "running of an organization." 
Maximize your Appleseed energy to make this program grow, and help fill the empty spots
on the firing line!  An hour of time spent at this level can have the impact of ten or a
hundred hours on the firing line.  Want to help? Send a PM to Monkey!

Main Menu

KWSC Scores 2011

Started by wildman, December 11, 2011, 10:49:28 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

wildman

Last night I went back over the score sheets and found numerous errors. Fortunately all the adjustments are in a positive direction. Here are the adjusted qualifying scores. The maximum score is 176. This years scores were the highest I can remember seeing yet the targets were the most difficult. This is due to improvements in both individual skill and equipment. Congratulations well done.

Lawman    174
Justin N     170
wildman    170
Dave D      166
Keaton F   160
Phil F         159
Tyler S       159
Jon H         159
Jason M     155
Kevin O      147
Jim H          142
This is my rifle. There are many like it but this one is mine.... "My Rifle" the creed of a US Marine by MG WH Rupertus,USMC

TheIronMantis

It was good to see you guys this weekend.  I learned a lot both behind the rifle and the spotting scope this weekend.

Wow that Lawson kid can shoot!

92trk

What a great shoot. I can't wait for the next one.

davecampperry

For those of us who missed it, What was it, and how can we participate next time? thanks, dave
"Any one who attempts, or even wishes, to disarm me is my mortal enemy, and is guilty of Treason." Jeff Cooper
Let's stop calling it 'gun control' and start calling it what it is-Treason.

wildman

Thanks for the question davecamperry

The next KWSC will be in January of 2013.

Watch the Home Range events forum, the one your on now, for various events held through out the year. Next years schedule will be posted by the end of this month.

You participate by showing up at the Ramseur range at the appointed time with rifle, ammo, and the range fee.

KWSC:

If you haven't been before I'll try to fill you in. The action takes place at 300 400 and 4++ yds. Targets are set in pairs. The small one we call an "F" and his bigger brother is called "D". In the first of the three exercises each shooter in his own turn engages the pairs as they appear with no time limit. This is no longer true there is always a time limit any rifleman worth his salt should be able to engage two targets in one minute. In order to get all shooters through three exercises we must move quickly. Exercise two is the same with a time limit of one minute per pair...a life time. Exercises one and two are scored as follows: the "D" target gets ya 2 points the "F" one is worth 3 points. Only two shots are allowed per target but ya get 2 points for each round you don't shoot. Neat huh?

Exercise three is three rounds max per target. We shoot the "F" targets only with each hit worth 4 points and 2 points for the rounds you save.

Note the Korean War Sniper Course and the Korean War Sniper School are the same event we change the name a couple of years ago and sometimes revert back.
This is my rifle. There are many like it but this one is mine.... "My Rifle" the creed of a US Marine by MG WH Rupertus,USMC