News:

We need volunteers in sales, marketing, PR, IT, and general "running of an organization." 
Maximize your Appleseed energy to make this program grow, and help fill the empty spots
on the firing line!  An hour of time spent at this level can have the impact of ten or a
hundred hours on the firing line.  Want to help? Send a PM to Monkey!

Main Menu

a review for the 1 day shoot 10 DEC 2011

Started by grunt soldier, December 11, 2011, 12:34:59 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

grunt soldier

These are just my views as a second time attendee and this is  not the real AAR LOL but I figured I had better post this or I might forget all the good stuff.  first off let me start out by saying QUE  was whining like a little girl all day about the cold :)   j/k but he really doesn't like the cold lol and it was freaking cold outside today.

today was a very very cold day.  no inside time to warm up at all but at least there was a actual bathroom. The one day appleseed events go by quick.  much much faster paced than the 2 day events but great great training for sure.  You still get all the great advice, training, information, and interaction with trainers just in a quicker manner.  My wife and I both attended this shoot and it was our second appleseed.  It was a absolute blast (even in the freezing cold)  just like last time.  All of the instructors were top notch and very knowledgeable.  All very willing to get down in the dirt and work with you.  I believe there was about 20 shooters today and everyone got ample 1 on 1 time with the great instructors and instructors in training. If your interested in learning marksmanship with a rifle these events are for you.  they pack so much knowledge and skill in these events for the price it's not even funny.  by far the best priced training you can get for the money.  Even if you haven't shot a rifle before this class can teach you all the basics along with the advanced stuff you need to shoot like a pro.  My wife who has never shot with a rifle before the last appleseed shot amazing today.  the instructors worked so much with her it was amazing and it truly showed.  she is doing so much better than when she started.  she really has a great time. Fellas if you have a lady you want to introduce to shooting I'm not sure there is a better way. 

I have to point out even though I did much better this time in the seated position, I still absolutely hate it, mainly due to my tactically padded beer belly.  I always say why have a six pack when you can have a KEG. also yellowhousejake is very nice the first shoot you attend but after that he will officially yell at you :)

I just want to say thanks to all the volunteers, shoot boss, apple cores,  instructors, instructors in training, and anyone I forget to mention.  I have been drinking to curb the soreness lol.  Mudcat is the man and one hell of a teacher.  everyone did a great job and all the instructors were great but I felt the need to put him on blast like this because some nagging voice behind me (cough cough wife) told me to do so :)
custom kydex solutions.  specializing in sheaths and holsters.  let me know if I can do something for you fellow seeders :)  some pics of our work below

http://s967.photobucket.com/albums/ae158/gruntsoldier2/

"When it comes time to die, be not like those whose hearts are filled with the fear of death, so when their time comes they weep and pray for a little more time to live their lives over again in a different way. Sing your death song, and die like a hero going home." - Chief Aupumut (1725), Mohican.