News:

We need volunteers in sales, marketing, PR, IT, and general "running of an organization." 
Maximize your Appleseed energy to make this program grow, and help fill the empty spots
on the firing line!  An hour of time spent at this level can have the impact of ten or a
hundred hours on the firing line.  Want to help? Send a PM to Monkey!

Main Menu

All Terrain Wheelchair

Started by Unbridled Liberty, December 07, 2011, 05:42:23 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Unbridled Liberty

Now this is just dawg-gone pretty cool, and it will mean freedom for many outdoor-minded wheelchair users:
http://www.actiontrackchair.com/
Let us know if one turns up on your line!
For Liberty, each Freeman Strives
As its a Gift of God
And for it willing yield their Lives
And Seal it with their Blood

Thrice happy they who thus resign
Into the peacefull Grave
Much better there, in Death Confin'd
Than a Surviving Slave

This Motto may adorn their Tombs,
(Let tyrants come and view)
"We rather seek these silent Rooms
Than live as Slaves to You"

Lemuel Haynes, 1775

The Log

Haven't seen one on the line yet, but I was at a backyard wedding reception where a guest was using one of these. I try really hard to focus on the person, not the chair, but this was one case where the chair was just too cool to ignore. And the guy knew it - luckily, he was cool with the gawking and the questions.

</log>
"The future belongs to those that show up." - hawkhavn

JustJeff

Those are just flat awesome! I want one, even though I don't need it.
Your version of "ineffective" does not necessarily reflect the truth....
Having been "ineffectively" taught to the Rifleman Standard and having been "ineffectively" taught to teach others to the Rifleman Standard, I believe I prefer the "ineffective" over the other choice.

DocNugent

For $8400 less than their least expensive model, I bought a 1988 Palmer Independence (I'm now saving up for new batteries so I can use it).  It's not ALL terrain, but the big wheels go most anywhere there's grass, gravel, or pavement.

M D "Doc" Nugent
- Member, NRA
- Former Range Officer, USAR
- Descendant of John Postlethwaite (1737-1802), Private in the Pennsylvania Militia

aragornelessar86

I got to play with those all terrain wheelchairs last year at the SD auto show. Pretty darn cool if you ask me.
QuoteWish I was rich instead of so damn good looking
QuoteThose who would trade liberty for a little security deserve neither liberty nor security