News:

We need volunteers in sales, marketing, PR, IT, and general "running of an organization." 
Maximize your Appleseed energy to make this program grow, and help fill the empty spots
on the firing line!  An hour of time spent at this level can have the impact of ten or a
hundred hours on the firing line.  Want to help? Send a PM to Monkey!

Main Menu

NoVASeed?

Started by pbcook, December 06, 2011, 08:52:36 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

pbcook

I was having a little off-line chat with the Wolfhound about the 2012 schedule and remembered that we had a discussion here about a year ago where we talked about some possible locations in NoVa that could support a two day event.

How much luck have we had approaching the ranges in the Manassas/Bull Run area?  I know its been discussed here in the past, but since we haven't had one up here yet, they weren't interested? 

I've got a co-worker who is a shooting enthusiast, and he might be able to steer me towards some suitable real estate locations.  If we get any possible takers, should I run point or turn it over to an instructor?

jmdavis

If someone can find a range that has an interest, we will do a presentation there. We  have the ranges that we have because of personal relationships with them. We have never succeeded with a cold call. I have visited some ranges up there and basically the one that would work best is Fairfax Rod and Gun in Manassas. It is possible that the  experiences of Cavalier would play well there. I should probably get the Cavalier Executive Director to write us a let of reference.
"If a man does his best, what else is there?"  - General George S. Patton Jr

...We few, we happy few, we band of brothers;
  For he to-day that sheds his blood with me
  Shall be my brother...-Shakespeare, Henry V

"There's a great deal of talk about loyalty from the bottom to the top. Loyalty from the top down is even more necessary and is much less prevalent. One of the most frequently noted characteristics of great men who have remained great is loyalty to their subordinates."
- General George S. Patton, Jr

"Your body can't go where your mind hasn't been."
- Alex Arrieta 1995 NTI Winner

jmdavis

If you find people who are interested let us know. You can be the point man and we will make a presentation when, where, how we need to.
"If a man does his best, what else is there?"  - General George S. Patton Jr

...We few, we happy few, we band of brothers;
  For he to-day that sheds his blood with me
  Shall be my brother...-Shakespeare, Henry V

"There's a great deal of talk about loyalty from the bottom to the top. Loyalty from the top down is even more necessary and is much less prevalent. One of the most frequently noted characteristics of great men who have remained great is loyalty to their subordinates."
- General George S. Patton, Jr

"Your body can't go where your mind hasn't been."
- Alex Arrieta 1995 NTI Winner

ltcnemo

I just found a range in Hedgesville, WV, about 30 miles north of Winchester, called Tango Down. They are interested in hosting an event, but I could only speak to them about arrangements in generalities. I have contact info.

I have run across another new range about 20 miles west of winchester, called Echo Valley. I have not yet contacted them, so know nothing about them, except that they do a lot of training. If the above range does not pan out, then I will call.

The Wolfhound

The West Virginia site sounds like a good option but might be considered poaching by the West Virginia Appleseeders  ;D.  Not sure at this point who should be making contact.  Consider posting in the West Virginia forum.