News:

We need volunteers in sales, marketing, PR, IT, and general "running of an organization." 
Maximize your Appleseed energy to make this program grow, and help fill the empty spots
on the firing line!  An hour of time spent at this level can have the impact of ten or a
hundred hours on the firing line.  Want to help? Send a PM to Monkey!

Main Menu

AAR Lapeer, MI Dec. 3 - 4

Started by Miki, December 04, 2011, 10:29:06 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Miki

WOW, just WOW! Another great weekend, at a great venue. A HUGE thank you to the Lapeer County Sportsman's Club for hosting another successful Appleseed. And special thanks to George for coming out in period dress with his musket and showing us how to knock that tv off that couch.

Define successful, okay, here 'ya go...

SIX new orange hats, Rascal21, jollyrogers, number6, Caliper and Hammer Forged and rich1022. One reconfirmed rifleman, Caliper (HUZZAH!) and SIX new riflemen/ women! Tom (Hammer Forged), (who was knocking on the door at the Lapeer shoot in October and came back to bust through it), MI Copperhead (who was duly initiated with a shower for scoring exactly 210), Kate, (you go girl), Rich (rich1022), (trust your stuff), Ian (nice shootin'), and then there was Kyle a determined 12 year old who knocked on the door with a 204. Then knocked a bit harder with a 208. And finally got out the battering ram and busted that door down with a 228! (If I recall correctly, correct me if I'm wrong.) I have a feeling that when Kyle celebrates his 13th birthday he may consider taking on an orange hat. (I KNOW I think orange is his color.)

We had a line of shooters who demonstrated positive, teachable attitudes and it paid off big time. Everyone showed marked improvement! You all have a lot to be proud of.

I want to thank all the instructors and shooters who came out in the snow on Saturday and rain on Sunday to help me celebrate my birthday in the best way possible, celebrating our shared heritage! You all made this a very special weekend for me and I thank you for that. Not to mention cake X2. What's not to like about cake?

Respectfully,

Miki

hawkhavn

Congrats to the new Orange Hats! Hopefully I will get to meet all of you in January at the IBC!
Good job new Riflemen and women!

Miki - HAPPY BIRTHDAY!

HH
Criticism is the only known antidote to error.  David Brin

What a nation has done, a nation can aspire to.
Dr. Jerry Pournelle

Throughout history, poverty is the normal condition of man. Advances which permit this norm to be exceeded — here and there, now and then — are the work of an extremely small minority, frequently despised, often condemned, and almost always opposed by all right-thinking people. Whenever this tiny minority is kept from creating, or (as sometimes happens) is driven out of a society, the people then slip back into abject poverty.

This is known as "bad luck."
---Robert Anson Heinlein

"Great things have been effected by a few men well conducted." - George Rogers Clark

"Appleseed is a safe place to learn because they care. They have the confidence and serenity of spring gardeners." 1IV on AR15.com

Superheat

That's the idea Hawk.  We have big plans for Michigan next year and they start with getting everyone to the IBC.  It is important for all of us to start out on the same page with synchronized bailing. 

Too tired to post pictures now will do tomorrow.

mac66

I am so tired...but in a contented happy way.  Lots of friends from past shoots finally breaking through and getting their patches. It is a hoot working with them and seeing them succeed.

And more new friends

Oh boy, oh boy, oh boy. More orange hats to boss around.   ~~:)

Some pretty darn good history as well.

Superheat, I LOL'd at your avatar. That looks like one of them there Grenadiers. There are silly people in Michigan.
Status quo, you know, is Latin for 'the mess we're in'.
Ronald Reagan

Even if you are on the right track, you'll get run over if you just sit there. Will Rogers

The King has degenerated into a tyrant and forfeits all rights to his subjects' obedience."  Patrick Henry, 1765

Motivation?...The best solution to morale problems is to kill all the unhappy people  Ghenghis Khan

ITB

Sounds like a great weekend.  Nice job, everyone.  Sorry I missed it.

I log into the forum this evening to 21 new PM's - mostly IIT promotions and new IIT's. 

Congrats to Usul on passing your PC3 - I heard you did a great IMC.  And congrats to Heartbreaker on passing your PC2 - I guess you found your range voice.   **)

I'd to especially congratulate Waveman on passing his PC4.  I'm looking forward to seeing you in a Red Hat very soon, my friend. 

Congratulations to our new Riflemen, huzzah to our new IIT's, and back to work for our newly-promoted IIT's.   ~~:)   >:D

"I will either set my country free, or shed my last drop of blood to make her so." -  Dr. Joseph Warren

" ITB glides through the highways of the Midwest like a Velvet Fog, unfettered by mortal speed limits, leaving only the knowledge of American Heritage and Marksmanship (and a faint whiff of ghost pepper sauce) in his wake." - Oz

CF KD requal - Muenster, TX  11/25/23

SavageShootr

Happy Birthday Miki!!

Great job All.

Congratulations to the new Riflemen. Welcome aboard new IITs! Thanks for stepping up.
"Listen to everyone, read everything, and don't believe anything unless you can prove it."' B.C.
"It isn't like it is life or death...it is more important than that." MrPete

George Hacker

Happy birthday, Miki.  It sounds like you had an excellent birthday celebration at the range.

Congratulations to all the new riflemen/riflewomen.  Also "thank you" to all the new orange hats.  Thanks for stepping up to help Appleseed wake up Americans to their heritage.

- ShadowMan
Tell your Pacific Northwest facebook friends to "like" and post in the Northwest Region Project Appleseed page.

"You can't miss fast enough..."  "Aim small, miss small."

Rimshot

That sounds like an outstanding shoot!  Welcome to all the new orange hats!
"Hearing the story of our Heritage told with just dry facts is like hearing Romeo & Juliet through autopsy reports." - Fred

"In 1775, to protect Liberty a man had to knock on his neighbor's door and ask "will you come die with me?"  In 2012, to protect Liberty a man has to knock on his neighbor's door and ask "will you come vote/attend a public meeting/work at a poll with me?"  Jason Russell, and men and women like him, are the reason have a easier task in 2012. The question is, are we up to it?" - YHJ

Swamp Thing

100% Amazing!  ^:)^

Miki, we stand in awe. 6 riflemen, 5 orange hats, at one event? You have set the bar high my friend. And you finally turned 29 too, congrats!

I'm really bummed I missed this one, sounds like it was a blast. Figuratively and literally.

Looking forward to working with all the new hats in 2012.  ~~:)

P.S. Hey Superheat, nice avatar. Is that what Mac66 and I looked like when we were wearing orange. Fair warning to the new folks. LOL   >:D

ST

MI-copperhead

What a fantastic weekend  ^:)^  a great range, and what a great crew of "Hats" ! I cannot think of any instructor who did not assist me in one way or another in earning the coveted Rifleman patch  ~~:) . Special mentions go to Waveman, who noticed I didn't have the rifle stock high enough in my shoulder on the standing portion, Micki ("once you have your NPOA, trust it and quit fussing the shot" ), Ruby/Heartbreaker for getting my finger correctly positioned on the trigger, getting me to relax, and reminding me to "chicken wing", Jollyrodgers for the help on the ball and dummy drill, and my special friend Mac for all his mentoring and encouragement.  The history is great and integral to the the whole experience. Micki's and Pete's personal stories on their involvement with Appleseed were inspiring. Speaking of cake, the icing on the "cake" for me was #1; getting to take my "Big Boy" rifle over to the 200 yard range and after 2 sighters hearing that satisfying ring of hitting the steel plate and #2: getting the pleasure of sharing my M1A with Robert (Usal) and hearing that sound 9 times in a row. It was also great that so many of us that had been close at past events made rifleman this weekend. I cant think of a better way to spend a weekend than successfully punching holes in targets with new and old friends  8) . I look forward to seeing many of you next year and maybe I can convince some of those couch potatoes I know to join us.
In closing I wish all of you a Joyous and Merry Christmas and a prosperous start to the New Year. May God preserve you all and our Liberty.

Earl Nagle
Morgan's Rifleman 250 yard cold bore, 10/29/2022, Tusco Rifle Club, New Philadelphia OH KD/Rifle M1A w optics/Prone
"Is life so dear, or peace so sweet, as to be purchased at the price of chains and slavery? Forbid it, Almighty God ! I know not what course others may choose, but as for me, give me liberty or give me death ! " Patrick Henry
"I would rather be exposed to the inconveniences attending too much liberty, than to those attending too small a degree of it. "
Thomas Jefferson
"Stand your ground; don't fire unless fired upon, but if they mean to have a war, let it begin here." Capt. John Parker
" I have'nt a man who 's afraid to go." Capt Isaac Davis
"I would say that the majority of Americans have no real sense of the value and the uniqueness of being a U.S. citizen.  Once they realize what they have, they are less likely to stand by while some politician attempts to whittle down their rights."  Troy a.k.a. solarguy

mac66

Quote from: MI-copperhead on December 05, 2011, 02:55:35 PM
What a fantastic weekend  ^:)^  a great range, and what a great crew of "Hats" ! I cannot think of any instructor who did not assist me in one way or another in earning the coveted Rifleman patch  ~~:) . Special mentions go to Waveman, who noticed I didn't have the rifle stock high enough in my shoulder on the standing portion, Micki ("once you have your NPOA, trust it and quit fussing the shot" ), Ruby/Heartbreaker for getting my finger correctly positioned on the trigger, getting me to relax, and reminding me to "chicken wing", Jollyrodgers for the help on the ball and dummy drill, and my special friend Mac for all his mentoring and encouragement.  The history is great and integral to the the whole experience. Micki's and Pete's personal stories on their involvement with Appleseed were inspiring. Speaking of cake, the icing on the "cake" for me was #1; getting to take my "Big Boy" rifle over to the 200 yard range and after 2 sighters hearing that satisfying ring of hitting the steel plate and #2: getting the pleasure of sharing my M1A with Robert (Usal) and hearing that sound 9 times in a row. It was also great that so many of us that had been close at past events made rifleman this weekend. I cant think of a better way to spend a weekend than successfully punching holes in targets with new and old friends  8) . I look forward to seeing many of you next year and maybe I can convince some of those couch potatoes I know to join us.
In closing I wish all of you a Joyous and Merry Christmas and a prosperous start to the New Year. May God preserve you all and our Liberty.

Earl Nagle

Amen, brother!
Ronald Reagan

Even if you are on the right track, you'll get run over if you just sit there. Will Rogers

The King has degenerated into a tyrant and forfeits all rights to his subjects' obedience."  Patrick Henry, 1765

Motivation?...The best solution to morale problems is to kill all the unhappy people  Ghenghis Khan

Superheat

Is it weird we have a "number6" instructing now and we had SIX rifleman.   #)Coincidence I think not! 
We need a "100%" to step up and take the orange hat.

Usul

Thank you all for a great weekend. We had a blast, as always, but this one was especially good because I got to see many returning shooters get that patch they've been working toward. Congrats and welcome aboard! (now get to work!)

SHOOTERS! Your seventy one picture download begins NOW!

number6

Here is what I always feel is the best part of the AppleSeed weekends, applying the skills learned on the .22s to the "big boy" rifles.  It still amazes me the skill that can be attained with diligence and practice, as I had only a few rounds through my M1A when I let Superheat send a few downrange and he ended up going on a string of 6 solid hits on 16" steel at 200yds.  I have so much to learn.

Miki's Minion with the Nemo Rifle

Kyle, the most persistent of the weekend on the as yet unnamed M1A

Overview of the KD Line

Kyle breaking in the new M1A

Rich on the Nemo Rifle

Heartbreaker realizing one reason they are called big boy rifles

Rhonda behind the AR with USUL instructing

Cornfield on the AR

USUL at the helm of another M1A

Superheat on a string of hits with the M1A

Ten Thumbs with more ARs than he can handle

You still have a choice. You can still salvage your right to be individuals. Your rights to truth and free thought! Reject this false world of Number Two . . . reject it NOW!!
Number 6, The Prisoner, Episode 11 "A Change of Mind"

"To preserve liberty, it is essential that the whole body of the people always possess arms, and be taught alike, especially when young, how to use them..." � Richard Henry Lee, "Letters from the Federal Farmer to the Republic"

"Rifles don't read" YellowHouseJake

"Lots of work?  Yup.  You wanna grow?  Suck it up, cupcake." - SteelThunder

ITB

Quote from: Usul on December 05, 2011, 11:41:46 PM

Wow.  That's a lot of Orange Hats.  I see a very crowded IBC in Michigan's future.

New IIT's - please mark 1/28-1/29 on your calendars, and plan to be in Lapeer that weekend.   ~~:)
"I will either set my country free, or shed my last drop of blood to make her so." -  Dr. Joseph Warren

" ITB glides through the highways of the Midwest like a Velvet Fog, unfettered by mortal speed limits, leaving only the knowledge of American Heritage and Marksmanship (and a faint whiff of ghost pepper sauce) in his wake." - Oz

CF KD requal - Muenster, TX  11/25/23

mac66

The orange hats were thick as flies on Sunday. You couldn't turn around without bumping into a couple of them   ;D

Man,   that was fun weekend.  I had a lot of fun working with Joe and Kyle, great pair of young men. O0

BTW, anyone have a picture of Ian getting his patch?

Ronald Reagan

gidaeon

Cake? I missed Cake! My own withdrawal symptoms of missing a local AS eventually subsided over the weekend.. Looks like another amazing shoot and so many colored hats! Hope to join in more great fun this winter  O0

Cake AND m1a's?.. oh man..  This is my "I missed out" tantrum !@#) Thanks for such devoted folks ensuring there are many more and in many more new locations! ryan

rich1022

It was a great time!! 
Sunday was my 3rd attempt at getting the Rifleman patch, and I finally did it on the 2nd to last AQT! (Target was framed and hung on wall Monday).

Thanks to all instructors who helped me, between Bellevue and Lapeer, you increased my knowledge and skill 100%.  To everyone who made "Rifleman", Congrats!!  to those still striving for it, don't give up!

To the 3 others on the left side (Earl, Ian, & Kate) Great job!!

thanks,

Rich

MI-copperhead

Morgan's Rifleman 250 yard cold bore, 10/29/2022, Tusco Rifle Club, New Philadelphia OH KD/Rifle M1A w optics/Prone
"Is life so dear, or peace so sweet, as to be purchased at the price of chains and slavery? Forbid it, Almighty God ! I know not what course others may choose, but as for me, give me liberty or give me death ! " Patrick Henry
"I would rather be exposed to the inconveniences attending too much liberty, than to those attending too small a degree of it. "
Thomas Jefferson
"Stand your ground; don't fire unless fired upon, but if they mean to have a war, let it begin here." Capt. John Parker
"I would say that the majority of Americans have no real sense of the value and the uniqueness of being a U.S. citizen.  Once they realize what they have, they are less likely to stand by while some politician attempts to whittle down their rights."  Troy a.k.a. solarguy

Superheat

Most of the pictures are up.   But I have a few that are different.  What a great weekend.  Kate you did it.  :bow: Earl was a good sport getting his 210 bath. ;D  Welcome aboard all the new IITs we have a lot of work to do next year. ~~:)  Rhonda you have come a long way already.  Next time we will get you over the hump.  O0
Kyle, congrats on that patch.  We will see you in that orange hat soon.
Cornfield, get your uncle to help you dry fire.  It is the best practice.
Vikie,  we missed you on sunday.
Collin and Dan I hope to see you back soon.
Lil Joe, You cam a L O N G way learning lefty and getting a stock that fits.  Listen to Mac he knows what works.
SEE YOU  ALL IN 2012!!!

Caliper

Wow, great collection of pics Usul! (and Heartbreaker!)  I've got a bunch of reading to do now, first time I've ever come home from the range with homework...     

MI-copperhead

Quote from: Superheat on December 06, 2011, 10:40:19 PM
..........Earl was a good sport getting his 210 bath. ;D  ...................

It was well worth it Superheat. I think you could have dumped a bucket on me at that point, I was so excited at having earned that patch. It was one of the highlights of my year. HUZZAH !!   ..:..
Thomas Jefferson

mac66

Quote from: rich1022 on December 06, 2011, 05:45:00 PM
It was a great time!! 
Sunday was my 3rd attempt at getting the Rifleman patch, and I finally did it on the 2nd to last AQT! (Target was framed and hung on wall Monday).

Thanks to all instructors who helped me, between Bellevue and Lapeer, you increased my knowledge and skill 100%.  To everyone who made "Rifleman", Congrats!!  to those still striving for it, don't give up!

To the 3 others on the left side (Earl, Ian, & Kate) Great job!!

thanks,

Rich

See,  a rifleman is persistent. Great job to all of Michigan's new riflemen/women
Ronald Reagan

waveman

Well, another Appleseed is in the books and all I can say is WOW! :O  For the last Appleseed of the year in Michigan we went out in style.  6 new riflemen, 5 new orange hats.  Lapeer Sportsmans Club seems to have magic powers in creating riflemen and Michigan is the dark horse of the region for Appleseed :D  Mac I got a couple pics of you and Ian also.  Hopefully it doesnt look too bad.  It was done on my new phone and hadnt had a chance to play with it before hand.

waveman

Got a few more pics I couldnt post earlier.

Heartbreaker

Number6 is SMILING in the last pic. Yea!!!! It's my favorite one of the new orange hats.
So glad to have you all aboard. I am looking forward to 2012!

Heartbreaker (Ruby)