News:

We need volunteers in sales, marketing, PR, IT, and general "running of an organization." 
Maximize your Appleseed energy to make this program grow, and help fill the empty spots
on the firing line!  An hour of time spent at this level can have the impact of ten or a
hundred hours on the firing line.  Want to help? Send a PM to Monkey!

Main Menu

KWSS December 10th 2011

Started by wildman, December 02, 2011, 12:13:30 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

wildman

The KWSS is next Saturday December the 10th. Don't forget we start at 09:00 it is a short day so be on time. In case any of you don't know or have forgotten I copied this from a 2009 thread.

If you haven't been before I'll try to fill you in. The action takes place at 300 400 and 4++ yds. Targets are set in pairs. The small one we call an "F" and his bigger brother is called "D". In the first of the three exercises each shooter in his own turn engages the pairs as they appear with no time limit. Exercise two is the same with a time limit of one minute per pair...a life time. Exercises one and two are scored as follows: the "D" target gets ya 2 points the "F" one is worth 3 points. Only two shots are allowed per target but ya get 2 points for each round you don't shoot. Neat huh?

Exercise three is three rounds max per target. We shoot the "F" targets only with each hit worth 4 points and 2 points for the rounds you save.

If this is new to you the targets Saturday will be set so as to be a challenge for a shooter with a scoped rifle. This is the one time in the year that we do that. I'm not saying it can't be done with iron sights but you'll have to be really good to do it.

Place: Ramseur Range
Time: 09:00
Range fee: $45.00 Except for those of you that have been to three paid shoots during year 2011 for those shooters it's FREE.
This is my rifle. There are many like it but this one is mine.... "My Rifle" the creed of a US Marine by MG WH Rupertus,USMC

Fred

This is a challenging course of fire. The Army Sniper Course as developed for the Korean War was not the joke which the WW2 Sniper Course was - the latter was essentially a basic rifle marksmanship course out to 400 yards - iron sights worked fine.

But for the KW, the US Army got serious. And you'll experience some of it when you show up for this event.

It's the closest thing you'll find to a replication of the US Army Korean War Sniping Course.
"Ready to eat dirt and sweat bore solvent?" - Ask me how to become an RWVA volunteer!

"...but he that stands it now, deserves the thanks of man and woman alike..."   Paine

"If you can read this without a silly British accent, thank a Revolutionary War veteran" - Anon.

"We have it in our power to begin the world over again" - Thomas Paine

What about it, do-nothings? You heard the man, jump on in...

92trk

hawkeye

I'll be there with the MC-1 and Lawson will have his K-98 sniper.
"Political correctness is a doctrine, fostered by a delusional, illogical minority, and rabidly promoted by an unscrupulous mainstream media, which holds forth the proposition that it is entirely possible to pick up a piece of crap by the clean end." Texas A&M student

TheIronMantis

Koma

May all the God's have mercy and not let anything befall me or mine so as I may attend a gathering of like minded riflemen. Please, pretty please .     

wildman

Koma take some LSA or Hoppes go out side and pour some on the ground as a sacrifice to the range gods. That should do it.
This is my rifle. There are many like it but this one is mine.... "My Rifle" the creed of a US Marine by MG WH Rupertus,USMC

Koma

With my luck--God EPA's van will be parked out front. Will have to do at night, in the rain,while dancing an Irish jig.   

TheIronMantis

Will we be grilling hot dogs for lunch? 

JohnnyReb

I will bring the Dogs & Buns.

Shooting the SCAR (with new ELCAN) so bring both ear plugs and muffs!  ++)
One Bank to rule them all, one Bank to find them, one Bank to bring them all and in the darkness bind them.

TheIronMantis

Excellent Dave and I will bring some cookies.

wildman

hawkeye

"Political correctness is a doctrine, fostered by a delusional, illogical minority, and rabidly promoted by an unscrupulous mainstream media, which holds forth the proposition that it is entirely possible to pick up a piece of crap by the clean end." Texas A&M student

JohnnyReb

I assume only a 300 zero on paper as usual?
One Bank to rule them all, one Bank to find them, one Bank to bring them all and in the darkness bind them.

wildman

Rodger that John. The day is very short, gotta keep moving.

ThaiFighter

Good shooting gents.  I will be working in Bedford, VA... 

If I get a chance to see you in 2012, you'll have to remind me which end the bullet comes out of...  :wb:
"Reasonable people adapt themselves to the world. Unreasonable people attempt to adapt the world to themselves. All progress, therefore, depends on unreasonable people."

-GBS

Proud to be funding TG and BF's retirement account... ;)