News:

We need volunteers in sales, marketing, PR, IT, and general "running of an organization." 
Maximize your Appleseed energy to make this program grow, and help fill the empty spots
on the firing line!  An hour of time spent at this level can have the impact of ten or a
hundred hours on the firing line.  Want to help? Send a PM to Monkey!

Main Menu

Mechanicsville 2011

Started by jmdavis, December 02, 2011, 10:04:13 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

jmdavis

One of the two biggest shoots in the nation will be in Mechanicsville, VA  this  weekend. We have a 35 shooter limit and 32 on the rolls. The largest will be in Ramseur where 41 are signed up.

We've had more on each of these lines before. But it's good to see the pre-regs so high on a chilly weekend.

"If a man does his best, what else is there?"  - General George S. Patton Jr

...We few, we happy few, we band of brothers;
  For he to-day that sheds his blood with me
  Shall be my brother...-Shakespeare, Henry V

"There's a great deal of talk about loyalty from the bottom to the top. Loyalty from the top down is even more necessary and is much less prevalent. One of the most frequently noted characteristics of great men who have remained great is loyalty to their subordinates."
- General George S. Patton, Jr

"Your body can't go where your mind hasn't been."
- Alex Arrieta 1995 NTI Winner

jmdavis

Day one is done and Brian will have more in his aar. But we had 26 shooters today and 4 riflemen. One repeat and three new. Congratulations to EdgarIV, Zach, Eric and Thomas.

"There's a great deal of talk about loyalty from the bottom to the top. Loyalty from the top down is even more necessary and is much less prevalent. One of the most frequently noted characteristics of great men who have remained great is loyalty to their subordinates."

jmdavis

Today brought us two more new Riflemen as well as most of those from yesterday repeating a few more times. Congratulations to first time riflemen EdgarIII and Chris. Way to go guys!!

Old Dog

6 out of 26 is a very good percentage.  Higher than normal.  Sorry I didn't make it out there.  Had thought about it but between the truck and the stove my weekend was pretty tied up.

"The rifle itself has no moral stature, since it has no will of its own. Naturally, it may be used by evil men for evil purposes, but there are more good men than evil, and while the latter cannot be persuaded to the path of righteousness by propaganda, they can certainly be corrected by good men with rifles."

—Jeff Cooper, The Art of the Rifle