News:

We need volunteers in sales, marketing, PR, IT, and general "running of an organization." 
Maximize your Appleseed energy to make this program grow, and help fill the empty spots
on the firing line!  An hour of time spent at this level can have the impact of ten or a
hundred hours on the firing line.  Want to help? Send a PM to Monkey!

Main Menu

GREAT NEWS FOR MISSISSIPPI

Started by Determined451, November 30, 2011, 12:54:57 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Determined451

I just attended the first meeting of the newly formed Mississippi State University Intermural Shooting Sports Club.  It is located at my host club, Starkvile Gun Club.

We set the club up so that shotgun, rifle, and pistol instruction would be available.  guess who is going to do the rifle part...Appleseed

I hope to hold the first shoot sometime in March or April

Who wants to help on this historic occasion?  D-451
The Second Ammendment--America's Original Homeland Security

dond

mmmmm. I would be interested.  ;) It's great that MS is getting back in the game and I would like to help out.  ^:)^
Rightful liberty is unobstructed action according to our will within limits drawn around us by the equal rights of others. I do not add "within the limits of the law" because law is often but the tyrant's will, and always so when it violates the rights of the individual.  Thomas Jefferson

For every complex problem there is an answer that is clear, simple, and wrong.  H. L. Mencken

dart67eb

If I can get the time off, I'll be there.  I'll probably drag hornet41 and mudtrunks with me, too.
Ignorance may be bliss, but it's not a virtue.

Determined451

thanks guys.  I will get with the club, and work out the dates asap.  You know, it is good to know you can always count on some people.  I really appreciate it.  D-451

oldfudd

Hey Don . . . . . how about a little help from your GA contingent?   I miss seeing my MS buddies, and look forward for a chance to catch up with you guys.  After all, my Appleseed roots began in Mississippi.

See ya.

Dick
"Have we the means of resisting disciplined armies, when our only defense, the militia is put in the hands of Congress?"
~ Patrick Henry

Johnnyappleseed

Hi Don,
Hope you and Wesm did not forget the title of honorary Mississippian you graciously bestowed on Me :D

Just thinking of you guys  ;)

Good job Don O0

Hey Dick -- good to see you working ,again ;D
Nothing in the world can take the place of Persistence. Talent will not; nothing is more common than unsuccessful men with talent. Genius will not; unrewarded genius is almost a proverb. Education will not; the world is full of educated derelicts. Persistence and determination alone are omnipotent. The slogan 'Press On' has solved and always will solve the problems of the human race.
Calvin Coolidge

Determined451

JA and Dick, you two will always be Mississippians, and as such are welcome to come anytime you wish.  If it were not for people like you guys, Dond and Crak, there would not be a Mississippi program. We are on our way up now, and will be able to help others soon.

This MSU thing can be big.  It has been a dream of mine for a long time, and Appleseed is a perfect fit.

Don't be supprised that I call on you again to see this grow.  D-451

hornet41

I'm throwing my hat in the ring for this one!!
hornet41 :---

Determined451

Good.  I caught it, and you can't have it back.  Thanks for stepping up,  D-451

Determined451

Went to another meeting last night, and the date is set for March 3-4.  Dond has agreed to be S/B.. Who will come and help.  D-451

dart67eb

I can't make it.  My new work sched has me working Sat and Sun and with the two remaining shoots I'm doing, I'm out of vacation.

hornet41

mudtrunks

Sorry Guys, I would come down but I will out of town on business on the 4th.
Hopefully next time!

MT

dart67eb

I'm calling the bionic Hornet41 out!  He needs to SBIT this event under the best teacher I know.  With my new work sched, I don't have have the vacation time to cover all the Como events.  Hornet41 can do it with one of his bionic eyes closed. 

Determined451

Looks like he took the bait.Sorry you can't make it.  I guess hornet will have to talk about you.  I agree.  we need another SB up there  to help out.  Thanks for all you guys are doing.  D-451

dart67eb

Quote from: Determined451 on January 29, 2012, 05:49:47 PM
I guess hornet will have to talk about you. 

That's all he does.  My ears are always burning!