News:

We need volunteers in sales, marketing, PR, IT, and general "running of an organization." 
Maximize your Appleseed energy to make this program grow, and help fill the empty spots
on the firing line!  An hour of time spent at this level can have the impact of ten or a
hundred hours on the firing line.  Want to help? Send a PM to Monkey!

Main Menu

Will there be a Whittington Apr 2012 event?

Started by parkerco, November 28, 2011, 05:07:53 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

parkerco

Hi all. Dana Evert here, scoutleader Parker,Co . Brought about 15 boys down 2 years ago. Hoping to do it again. The troop has grown (due to Appleseed  no doubt) so looking at 25 boys and 15 adults as a guess. I know this size group is a lot of work so wanted to put it out there and see if it's workable. looking forward to seeing that great crowd on NM instructors again.

TaosGlock

Yes!
Mark your calendar for April 21-22, 2012!
We look forward to working with you guys again!
Dan & Gillian
89 fantastic Appleseeds since 2008/24 Libertyseeds!
Adventure Camp Director/Current Lead Rifle Instructor: NRA WC Raton,NM
New Mexico's first Rifleman: Sept. 2008 NRAWC
Their walls are filled with cannonballs, their motto is don't tread on me-Grateful Dead
Liberty is not a cruise ship full of pampered passengers. It is a man of war and we are all crew-Boston T. Party
"Make no mistake, when you cheer for the people of the American Revolution, you are cheering for traitors and criminals.
They broke the law, because liberty is always illegal"- Larken Rose

nmmi9100

Look forward to being there myself.

Dan...any luck on the cabins yet?

-David

parkerco

Sounds great. We'll start registering when it's posted. See you in April.

Sarducci

After two attempts to post a reply here  :DH: i hope this one makes it.

This is, at the risk of suffering the slings and arrows of outrageous multiple Shoot Bosses  ~~:)  !@#)  :sos: upon my newbieness  :bow:, a request to the Shoot-Boss-of-record to include me in his/her list of helpers for this event.  :--- :--- :---

I know, i know: "Shut up and bail"
The God who gave us life, gave us liberty at the same time.  If a nation expects to be ignorant and free, it expects what never was and never will be.  Thomas Jefferson

Ignorance is of a peculiar nature. Once dispelled it is impossible to re-establish it.  Thomas Paine

TaosGlock

Noted for the record Sarducci! @&)
We will need all hands on deck. :sos:
Their walls are filled with cannonballs, their motto is don't tread on me-Grateful Dead
Liberty is not a cruise ship full of pampered passengers. It is a man of war and we are all crew-Boston T. Party
"Make no mistake, when you cheer for the people of the American Revolution, you are cheering for traitors and criminals.

twh731

twh731 signing up for your assisting pleasure!!!  Looking forward to it!  Tom
Appleseed is history in the re-making!

TaosGlock

Thanks guys! We are off to good start.  :---
The events will be up soon and I am waiting to hear back from Whittington on the cabin situation.

parkerco

Dan- updated. We have 15 total at the moment. Can I take you up on 2 loaner AR's and one .22?
Thanks, Dana

TaosGlock

Quote from: parkerco on March 20, 2012, 02:49:50 AM
Dan- updated. We have 15 total at the moment. Can I take you up on 2 loaner AR's and one .22?
Thanks, Dana
Yes!
Dan

parkerco

Thanks Dan, see you all in a couple weeks.

parkerco

Myself and a couple of the dads will be doing our own shooting that weekend. So we are free to provide lunch for all instructors on Saturday. Thought we'd set up a grill outside the building there and burn some burgers. Dan, if you  give me a total count (more or less) we'll plan on it. A small token of appreciation. Let me know if I need to bring vegi burgers for Blue Feather. Sorry we're out of elk at the moment.

TaosGlock

We have 20 signed up officially so far with likely more to come.
I will update the numbers on this thread.
BTW, are the 20 that are currently signed up, part of your crew? If not how many on your end are coming?
Your original post suggested as many as 40 total.
Thanks again!
Dan

Oh, and bring the veggie burgers too!

parkerco

Mine are signed up. I think I have 2 more scouts and one more dad yet to sign up. The bigger group never materialized. Excited about the ones we've got though. See you soon. All instructors plan on free lunch on Saturday. Best, Dana

TaosGlock