News:

We need volunteers in sales, marketing, PR, IT, and general "running of an organization." 
Maximize your Appleseed energy to make this program grow, and help fill the empty spots
on the firing line!  An hour of time spent at this level can have the impact of ten or a
hundred hours on the firing line.  Want to help? Send a PM to Monkey!

Main Menu

Performance record keeping

Started by jmdavis, November 28, 2011, 10:16:32 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

jmdavis

While this article has relevance to many things, it is particularly important to my friends shooting or starting to shoot high power. So there you are, you have your goals, you have written a Directive Affirmation and you are working your way to Master and High Master scores with the ultimate goal of Distinguishing with the rifle. You are not intimidated by the fact that less than 2100 shooters have accomplished this feat in more than 125 years. You know that you are one of them.

The article here will offer you another tool to help you on your way. The performance journal is an important method to measure and manage your progress as well as build your self image. If you've read "With Winning in Mind," "Freedom Flight," or other of the Lanny Bassham's works, you know what I mean.

Good luck on the path.

http://mentalmanagement.blogspot.com/2011/05/dont-keep-diary-keep-performance.html

The Japanese poet Basho wrote (loosley translated)

He treads the sharp edge of the sword,
He runs over the steep side of the iceberg.

of course in Japanese it is a haiku.  ;D
"If a man does his best, what else is there?"  - General George S. Patton Jr

...We few, we happy few, we band of brothers;
  For he to-day that sheds his blood with me
  Shall be my brother...-Shakespeare, Henry V

"There's a great deal of talk about loyalty from the bottom to the top. Loyalty from the top down is even more necessary and is much less prevalent. One of the most frequently noted characteristics of great men who have remained great is loyalty to their subordinates."
- General George S. Patton, Jr

"Your body can't go where your mind hasn't been."
- Alex Arrieta 1995 NTI Winner

Spartan

"With your shield or on it"