News:

We need volunteers in sales, marketing, PR, IT, and general "running of an organization." 
Maximize your Appleseed energy to make this program grow, and help fill the empty spots
on the firing line!  An hour of time spent at this level can have the impact of ten or a
hundred hours on the firing line.  Want to help? Send a PM to Monkey!

Main Menu

Kentucky has a new Riflewoman and IIT*3*!

Started by Mudcat, November 27, 2011, 10:10:16 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Mudcat

I stopped by the wonderful Blackberry Ridge shooting facility on black Friday to spend some time with the Irwin's my Appleseed family. They had 3 new shooters there who were visiting from Patrick Henry college so they got a taste of Appleseed too. Well we had 1 new Riflewoman come through with a 211.  ^:)^ ^:)^ This young lady had been really putting in some dry fire practice and was dead set on shooting a Rifleman score with irons and not using a scope.  O0 So congratulations magloader!!

Then she also took on an orange hat. She will make a fine IIT I am sure and Instructor. I had her giving instruction to her friends and did a wonderful job. I really look forward to seeing her move up the instructor ranks and working with her in the future.

Thanks to the Irwin family for coming out to shoot this wonderful day when most others were out fighting trying to buy the newest "Stuff". As we were celebrating our freedoms and working on guaranteeing them for the future generations. HUZZAH!!
"A free people ought not only to be armed and disciplined but they should have sufficient arms and ammunition to maintain a status of independence from any who might attempt to abuse them, which would include their own government."
--George Washington

brdholman

Congrats, magloader!  You stuck it out with the iron sights and it paid off!   ^:)^

Way to go!!

kentuckyjam

Sorry, Brad was signed in at the pc, last message was from me.  :-[
Liberty will not persist without personal responsibility.

hawkhavn

Magloader,

Congratulations and welcome to the Instructor Corps!

HH
Criticism is the only known antidote to error.  David Brin

What a nation has done, a nation can aspire to.
Dr. Jerry Pournelle

Throughout history, poverty is the normal condition of man. Advances which permit this norm to be exceeded — here and there, now and then — are the work of an extremely small minority, frequently despised, often condemned, and almost always opposed by all right-thinking people. Whenever this tiny minority is kept from creating, or (as sometimes happens) is driven out of a society, the people then slip back into abject poverty.

This is known as "bad luck."
---Robert Anson Heinlein

"Great things have been effected by a few men well conducted." - George Rogers Clark

"Appleseed is a safe place to learn because they care. They have the confidence and serenity of spring gardeners." 1IV on AR15.com

SPQR

"It is amazing to watch the intricate dance of the Indiana instructors playing off each other's strengths. No ego involved. Just doing what needs to be done by the person best suited to do it to give the shooters what they need." - Miki

"Indiana rules!" - Nero

"We all need Bedford." - brianheeter

brickhouse

Huzzah!! 

yotnottin' be forgetin' your struggle, it will make you a better instructor. 

I can't wait to meet you on the trail again wearing that purple patch! Excellent choice.

"Never tell people how to do things. Tell them what to do and they will surprise you with their ingenuity." - General George S. Patton Jr

"I would rather be exposed to the inconveniences attending too much liberty than to those attending too small a degree of it." - Thomas Jefferson

http://www.csj.org/infoserv_cult101/checklis.htm

jmdavis

This is excellent news. And to think, I knew you way back when...

Congratulations!!

"If a man does his best, what else is there?"  - General George S. Patton Jr

...We few, we happy few, we band of brothers;
  For he to-day that sheds his blood with me
  Shall be my brother...-Shakespeare, Henry V

"There's a great deal of talk about loyalty from the bottom to the top. Loyalty from the top down is even more necessary and is much less prevalent. One of the most frequently noted characteristics of great men who have remained great is loyalty to their subordinates."
- General George S. Patton, Jr

"Your body can't go where your mind hasn't been."
- Alex Arrieta 1995 NTI Winner

Unbridled Liberty

Congratulations Magloader!  I knew at Williamsburg that it would not be very long for you.  And I want to thank you for taking an orange hat.  We've got a lot of work to do in Kentucky and we will be putting you to work for sure.  I know that you will be an excellent Instructor in the near future and an outstanding Shoot Boss someday.
For Liberty, each Freeman Strives
As its a Gift of God
And for it willing yield their Lives
And Seal it with their Blood

Thrice happy they who thus resign
Into the peacefull Grave
Much better there, in Death Confin'd
Than a Surviving Slave

This Motto may adorn their Tombs,
(Let tyrants come and view)
"We rather seek these silent Rooms
Than live as Slaves to You"

Lemuel Haynes, 1775

Magloader

Hooray!! I finally made it!!

I look forward to instructing with all the great personnel in Kentucky!

Thank you Mudcat for coming out and instructing us all!!
Let your light shine before men that they may see your good deeds, and praise your Father in Heaven.- Mathew 5:16

Jesus answered, " I am the way, truth, and the light. No one comes to the Father except through me." - John 14:6

Amber Waves

^:)^ Way to Go!  ^:)^
Magloader, you know what you are about.  Hope we get to work together someday.

George Hacker

Congratulations, Magloader, on your rifleman's score and thank you for taking an orange hat.   ..:.. ..:.. ..:..

- ShadowMan
Tell your Pacific Northwest facebook friends to "like" and post in the Northwest Region Project Appleseed page.

"You can't miss fast enough..."  "Aim small, miss small."

slim

CaptMac

Huzzah!  Huzzah!  Huzzah!

Congrats magloader. 

Thanks for taking the orange hat.  Hope we meet on the trail again, soon!
Ramseur Five Ten!!!

"Live Free or Die:  Death is not the Worst of Evils."  Genl.  John Stark, 1809.

Ewald

GarandFan

A rusty rifle is a rusty rifleman.  Now go shoot.

jmdavis

Magloader,

Are you guys still planning to go to the Feb Bootcamp? I would PM but I can't do that any more. Answer via email or Phone, if you have the number.

Mike
"If a man does his best, what else is there?"  - General George S. Patton Jr

...We few, we happy few, we band of brothers;
  For he to-day that sheds his blood with me
  Shall be my brother...-Shakespeare, Henry V

"There's a great deal of talk about loyalty from the bottom to the top. Loyalty from the top down is even more necessary and is much less prevalent. One of the most frequently noted characteristics of great men who have remained great is loyalty to their subordinates."
- General George S. Patton, Jr

"Your body can't go where your mind hasn't been."
- Alex Arrieta 1995 NTI Winner

Unbridled Liberty

Congrats to Magloader for her promotion to IIT3!  Thanks for stepping up!

UL
As its a Gift of God

Into the peacefull Grave
Than a Surviving Slave

Lemuel Haynes, 1775

Rimshot

"Hearing the story of our Heritage told with just dry facts is like hearing Romeo & Juliet through autopsy reports." - Fred

"In 1775, to protect Liberty a man had to knock on his neighbor's door and ask "will you come die with me?"  In 2012, to protect Liberty a man has to knock on his neighbor's door and ask "will you come vote/attend a public meeting/work at a poll with me?"  Jason Russell, and men and women like him, are the reason have a easier task in 2012. The question is, are we up to it?" - YHJ

Magloader

Thank you! Now it is time for a red hat.....
Let your light shine before men that they may see your good deeds, and praise your Father in Heaven.- Mathew 5:16

Jesus answered, " I am the way, truth, and the light. No one comes to the Father except through me." - John 14:6

Unbridled Liberty

As its a Gift of God

Into the peacefull Grave
Than a Surviving Slave

Lemuel Haynes, 1775

CharlieHotel

Congratulations Kid! Keep up the good work...

CH
"A good plan executed perfectly is better than a perfect plan executed poorly"

"As steel sharpens steel, so one man sharpens another"

"It's not the dope 'ON' the rifle, but the one behind it!" - Unknown PMI, Parris Island, SC 1984

So speak and so act as those who will be judged by the law of Liberty.
For Judgement comes without mercy for those who have shown no mercy, Mercy shall triumph over judgement.
James 2:12-13