News:

We need volunteers in sales, marketing, PR, IT, and general "running of an organization." 
Maximize your Appleseed energy to make this program grow, and help fill the empty spots
on the firing line!  An hour of time spent at this level can have the impact of ten or a
hundred hours on the firing line.  Want to help? Send a PM to Monkey!

Main Menu

Happy Thanksgiving!

Started by Chilidog, November 26, 2011, 11:25:23 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Chilidog

Bedford Contingent had a Black Friday shoot yesterday! In the Morning we shot a pistol course similar to IDPA where we were placed at a Christmas tree farm and attacked by the bad guys. The good guys were all dressed in Appleseed shirts. Only one got hit and we decided it was just a flesh wound so he would live. But if you See an Appleseeder with a hole in his shirt you know who did it. At lunch we had a BBQ sandwich and moved on to AQT's. All the Red hat's Qualified and Rob Lynch posted rifleman scores. Susan keep up the good work you are not far from rifleman! Here is an interesting thing, we had 2 new guys show, Chris and his son Roman. This was only a 2 hour AQT with very little training kind of like throwing a new swimmer in the ocean! Yet they both did fairly well and I look forward to seeing them both at the next Appleseed. Durring the Appleseed we gave out the First "Little Bomb" for the highest AQT. If you get it you can hold on to it till the next challenge then you will have to bring it back and shoot to keep it. As much as it pains me to say SPQR won. Boy is he good! Next we moved on to the Shotgun shoot where Troy Beat us all hands down! I had a great time I think everybody else did to!
No better investment can you make than in your fellow American. For it will pay off in future generations of Americans to come.

"Those who expect to reap the blessings of freedom must undergo the fatigue of supporting it" - Thomas Paine

Chilidog

The "Little Bomb" was donated by West so I thought it best to let him hand it off to SPQR.
No better investment can you make than in your fellow American. For it will pay off in future generations of Americans to come.

"Those who expect to reap the blessings of freedom must undergo the fatigue of supporting it" - Thomas Paine

George Hacker

Well done, SPQR!   ..:.. ..:.. ..:..

- ShadowMan
Tell your Pacific Northwest facebook friends to "like" and post in the Northwest Region Project Appleseed page.

"You can't miss fast enough..."  "Aim small, miss small."

GTI

Thanks for hosting, Chili.  As usual, it was a great time!  Nice action shot of my Colt, mid-cycle.

SPQR

that was a good shot!  HQ said I was fibbing and that I just took it on the lock back and I said, "NO I DID NOT!  THAT IS A MID-CYCLE, BOX O TRUTH STYLE PHOTO!"
"It is amazing to watch the intricate dance of the Indiana instructors playing off each other's strengths. No ego involved. Just doing what needs to be done by the person best suited to do it to give the shooters what they need." - Miki

"Indiana rules!" - Nero

"We all need Bedford." - brianheeter

SPQR

Five things Victory smells like:
1. BBQ Sandwiches
2. A hint of Stetson aftershave left over from the last time I wore my shooting jacket.
3. Cordite
4. Napalm
5. Warm dinner rolls

Five things Victory feels like:

1. A good pair of broke in boots and starched undies
2. Warm dinner rolls
3. That "I may have to pee" feeling you get when you drive fast over the crest of a steep hill
4. The approval of shapely women
5. Being SPQR.

What is good in life?

To CRUSH your enemies, see them DRIVEN before you, and to hear the LAMENTATIONS of their women.

"It is amazing to watch the intricate dance of the Indiana instructors playing off each other's strengths. No ego involved. Just doing what needs to be done by the person best suited to do it to give the shooters what they need." - Miki

"Indiana rules!" - Nero

"We all need Bedford." - brianheeter

slim

No wonder I've never felt victory.

- or any of those other things.